Calendar Coalmont ride [Jun 23, 2018] (Coalmont, TN)

Yankee

Yankee

Apr 29, 2016
Tennessee
KIMG0569
this is one of the few pics I got

Yankee

Yankee

Apr 29, 2016
Tennessee
KIMG0567
@SundayRdr s broke r/f upper a arm mount that broke the weld right down the center. When we were messing with repairs Sunday we did the left side as well and discovered that weld was split down the center too

joeymt33

joeymt33

i4WD=imitated 4WD
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Mar 17, 2015
Guntersville, AL
Ownership

1. 1000-3

2. 1000-5
View attachment 81188 @SundayRdr s broke r/f upper a arm mount that broke the weld right down the center. When we were messing with repairs Sunday we did the left side as well and discovered that weld was split down the center too

I think they all will do it soon enough. I welded mine plus two more p700’s.

Delton

Delton

Honda Fanboy
Vendor
Lifetime Member
Club Contributor
Jan 6, 2016
Middle TN
Ownership

1. 1000-5
U would think they would b stouter disappointing really to say the least u would think they were stouter than that
I agree. To me, the design looks like it's be stronger than the 1000 setup

Reactions: Yankee
Yankee

Yankee

Apr 29, 2016
Tennessee
I agree. To me, the design looks like it's be stronger than the 1000 setup
Possibly too much heat when welded? The weld looked good. From what I've been told a weld is supposed to be half as wide or thick (cant remember) as the metal is thick and I saw no under cut enough to hurt anything. May have been enough weld on a colder setting but idk. The thin stuff the frames r made from on any sxs only gives so much that can b burnt into without burning into it too much before burning through and then ur breaking the frame itself instead of the weld

joeymt33

joeymt33

i4WD=imitated 4WD
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Mar 17, 2015
Guntersville, AL
Ownership

1. 1000-3

2. 1000-5
Possibly too much heat when welded? The weld looked good. From what I've been told a weld is supposed to be half as wide or thick (cant remember) as the metal is thick and I saw no under cut enough to hurt anything. May have been enough weld on a colder setting but idk. The thin stuff the frames r made from on any sxs only gives so much that can b burnt into without burning into it too much before burning through and then ur breaking the frame itself instead of the weld

My guess is a lot of us push our vehicles beyond the design limits and sometimes we find out weaknesses but in a case like this it could be an intentional weakness designed as a crumple zone for head on collision.

SundayRdr

SundayRdr

Mar 1, 2016
McMinville Tn
Yea I owe @Delton plenty!!!!!! Hero of the day he is. Everyone was more than helpful on getting lil blue patched up and back to the trailer. Like @Yankee said the lh side was broken beneath the powder coating. 20180715 102413I'm guessing Honda used chinese welding wire. She's braced and as soon as I align the front end up we're having redemption. Oyea and finish my home made rear mudbusters.

SundayRdr

SundayRdr

Mar 1, 2016
McMinville Tn
A BFH helped a bunch along with ratchet straps. The frame never will be the same. It twisted the bracket when it finally broke loose. I didn't get a good before picture of it broken loose. 2/3 are after I beat it with a hammer and then after I used a ratchet strap and beat on it some more. It was pretty close once we done the finishing repairs.

FB IMG 1531691298844 20180714 105031 20180714 105046

Yankee

Yankee

Apr 29, 2016
Tennessee
A BFH helped a bunch along with ratchet straps. The frame never will be the same. It twisted the bracket when it finally broke loose. I didn't get a good before picture of it broken loose. 2/3 are after I beat it with a hammer and then after I used a ratchet strap and beat on it some more. It was pretty close once we done the finishing repairs.

View attachment 81208 View attachment 81209 View attachment 81210
U weren't used to handling a big pecker like that were u lol

Delton

Delton

Honda Fanboy
Vendor
Lifetime Member
Club Contributor
Jan 6, 2016
Middle TN
Ownership

1. 1000-5
My guess is a lot of us push our vehicles beyond the design limits and sometimes we find out weaknesses but in a case like this it could be an intentional weakness designed as a crumple zone for head on collision.
In all fairness, I did run headon into a 3' mud wall lmao. My weld held fine, it was the actual metal that ripped. I promise you I'll have my passenger side beefed up before we try Hells Canyon

SundayRdr

SundayRdr

Mar 1, 2016
McMinville Tn
Chad is there room up there to install a boxed in K frame type section? Probably not but is a good idea.
I'd say you could install one between the front and rear mount. I was considering tieing the front and rear control arm mounts together but we just added braces to the rear control arm mounts on both sides.

Reactions: Yankee and sharp
joeymt33

joeymt33

i4WD=imitated 4WD
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Mar 17, 2015
Guntersville, AL
Ownership

1. 1000-3

2. 1000-5
Yep, Delton is one of a kind. He's the guy to have with ya if you break.

What do we do if Delton breaks?! Are we all stranded? I guess we just watch him fix his own. Haha

Just kidding Delton, you and Knuckledeep need to make a mobile SXS repair rig company! He’s already got the tow rig down

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!