Coalmont Tuesday the November 1

PioneerPete

PioneerPete

Lifetime Member
Jan 3, 2016
Chattanooga, TN
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Honestly, stuff not going as planned or putting us in unusual positions and then working through the problem is what makes it an Adventure! Plus, it makes for some great story telling later. Yep, sitting around the camp fire after a few adult beverages and ya'll will have chopped down several Redwoods with a hatchet to get out of the bind you were in! LOL
better be pics or it didn't happen...

CumminsPusher

CumminsPusher

Just a Honda doing Honda things.
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Oct 14, 2015
Washington/Idaho
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5

3. Talon X LV
Even a bad day you continue on. Sometimes it's bad luck others it's frustration that causes it. I'm glad to see you guys got out and safe. You're already planning on going back so that's great you'll probably both have everything needed x2! Good luck on the truck DrF can't wait to see videos

Delton

Delton

Honda Fanboy
Vendor
Lifetime Member
Club Contributor
Jan 6, 2016
Middle TN
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Late to the party as usual lol. Yeah we had our difficulties today. Going down the mother of all rock hills (which was fun as hell I might add) and there's a good sized tree blocking the trail. What would've taken me all of 3 mins to dispatch with my trusty Stihl took us forever to get out of the way. Don's winch and jack saved the day. After clearing we went a few feet and are stopped by a situation that very well could've ended in one of us taking a ride in a Lifeflight helicopter lol. Seriously, it was a bad deal. So we turn around on a tight, steep, very rocky trail not much wider than our rigs. Don did fine but I'm a wuss when I only have 2 wheels on the ground. I'll go through or over anything but I draw the line at steep angles lol.

Delton

Delton

Honda Fanboy
Vendor
Lifetime Member
Club Contributor
Jan 6, 2016
Middle TN
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Trying to help with his turbo problem but that truck of his might as well be the space shuttle. I know turbos. Been around power adders for many years. The turbo system on my red car I built from scratch. But I'm almost totally lost with this F250. Got a Garret gt32. Not familiar with that model so I start digging. Dual compressor, single turbine. Didn't even know there was such a thing lol. Engine isn't much better. Waaaay more advanced than anything I've ever turned a wrench in. Hoping it's something simple like blowing off a charge pipe or something. It's late and I got 5 kids to get up at 5:30am. So I'll start on it again in the morning. Had an awesome time with Don as usual. If not for being with a good friend, it might have been a miserable trip with all the dust and that dang tree. I'm going back soon to cut it up just on principle lol.

advertisement
drfubar

drfubar

TheDonFather
Lifetime Member
Club Contributor
Jun 7, 2016
Mary's Ridge (Dayton Mtn), TN
Ownership

1. 1000-3
better be pics or it didn't happen...
Hey YO! Who do you think you're talking to?o_O @Delton and @drfubar are the king of videos! I got more on that little camera than you will ever comprehend!:cool: I'm a little shy on time with the truck going down and C having a procedure tomorrow, but I'll have it posted soon.;) "Better be pics or it didn't happen my ass"..lol

drfubar

drfubar

TheDonFather
Lifetime Member
Club Contributor
Jun 7, 2016
Ownership

1. 1000-3
You know the old saying "one day we will look back on this and laugh"? I'm thinking it'll be a while before I find the humor in this one lol
It's funny except for when I move and then it hurts. I'm pretty sore this morning. Did I fall off a cliff, roll down a long hill and face plant into a tree?:confused: I've spent an hour in the hot tub this morning and will probably revisit it a little later today.

Delton

Delton

Honda Fanboy
Vendor
Lifetime Member
Club Contributor
Jan 6, 2016
Middle TN
Ownership

1. 1000-5
It's funny except for when I move and then it hurts. I'm pretty sore this morning. Did I fall off a cliff, roll down a long hill and face plant into a tree?:confused: I've spent an hour in the hot tub this morning and will probably revisit it a little later today.
Don't even mention the word "tree". Too soon. You will never, and I repeat NEVER catch me off pavement again without my saw.

drfubar

drfubar

TheDonFather
Lifetime Member
Club Contributor
Jun 7, 2016
Ownership

1. 1000-3
Don't even mention the word "tree". Too soon. You will never, and I repeat NEVER catch me off pavement again without my saw.
I know that about the saw. I love ya like a brother but you're going to take an ass whoopin if it happens again!;)
Actually, I'm going to throw a buck saw in from now on too along with my axe. Chainsaws sometimes don't start.

drfubar

drfubar

TheDonFather
Lifetime Member
Club Contributor
Jun 7, 2016
Ownership

1. 1000-3
Trying to help with his turbo problem but that truck of his might as well be the space shuttle. I know turbos. Been around power adders for many years. The turbo system on my red car I built from scratch. But I'm almost totally lost with this F250. Got a Garret gt32. Not familiar with that model so I start digging. Dual compressor, single turbine. Didn't even know there was such a thing lol. Engine isn't much better. Waaaay more advanced than anything I've ever turned a wrench in. Hoping it's something simple like blowing off a charge pipe or something. It's late and I got 5 kids to get up at 5:30am. So I'll start on it again in the morning. Had an awesome time with Don as usual. If not for being with a good friend, it might have been a miserable trip with all the dust and that dang tree. I'm going back soon to cut it up just on principle lol.
You know I appreciate your help @Delton.

Delton

Delton

Honda Fanboy
Vendor
Lifetime Member
Club Contributor
Jan 6, 2016
Middle TN
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I know that about the saw. I love ya like a brother but you're going to take an ass whoopin if it happens again!;)
Actually, I'm going to throw a buck saw in from now on too along with my axe. Chainsaws sometimes don't start.
If that happens again I'll whoop my own ass. So you'll have to get in line lol

CumminsPusher

CumminsPusher

Just a Honda doing Honda things.
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Oct 14, 2015
Washington/Idaho
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5

3. Talon X LV
You know I appreciate your help @Delton.

Swap it for a 12valve Cummins. No electronics whatsoever if it's not running your out of diesel or your filter has water, all they need is fuel lol.
Hopefully you get it figured out fast so you can get back on the trails with a saw!! Then more videos!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:
advertisement

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!