Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Oct 14, 2015
Washington/Idaho
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5

3. Talon X LV
Ya and how smooth someone was on the throttle lol. I'm not sure what I've done but I'll start checking. I know on video it never shows the pucker factor.
Anyways it looks like you had fun even with problems

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

CumminsPusher

CumminsPusher

Just a Honda doing Honda things.
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Oct 14, 2015
Washington/Idaho
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5

3. Talon X LV
It was way more intense in person ! I was 5' in the air to my floor board. and a few ft to the passenger side was a couple hundred ft to the bottom . 5 hrs into the ride there was no turning back .

It looked good! Like I just said video never shows pucker factor.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

drfubar

drfubar

TheDonFather
Lifetime Member
Club Contributor
Jun 7, 2016
Mary's Ridge (Dayton Mtn), TN
Ownership

1. 1000-3
Not only that about halfway back i think I blew my turbo. 2012 F-250. Lost all boost
Good news, it wasn't the turbo it was the hose from the intercooler to the intake.. blew it in half. Went "BOOOOM" and black smoke out the tail pipe. Had another 25miles to go without turbo power. Going up and over Pikeville Mt. I had people behind me cussing me for sure. Black smoke out the pipe and 20mile per hour max up the mountain... $220 to get her back running but it would have been thousands for a new turbo....

CumminsPusher

CumminsPusher

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Oct 14, 2015
Washington/Idaho
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5

3. Talon X LV
Good news, it wasn't the turbo it was the hose from the intercooler to the intake.. blew it in half. Went "BOOOOM" and black smoke out the tail pipe. Had another 25miles to go without turbo power. Going up and over Pikeville Mt. I had people behind me cussing me for sure. Black smoke out the pipe and 20mile per hour max up the mountain... $220 to get her back running but it would have been thousands for a new turbo....
220 isn't bad at all! Wondering why it blew though did you see any damage?

Reactions: drfubar
drfubar

drfubar

TheDonFather
Lifetime Member
Club Contributor
Jun 7, 2016
Mary's Ridge (Dayton Mtn), TN
Ownership

1. 1000-3
220 isn't bad at all! Wondering why it blew though did you see any damage?
No damage. The part is flexible rubber/plastic and it deteriorates over time and there is a lot of working pressure when the turbo is putting out max air. I had to slow way down for a car in front of me and then when they cleared I was on it fairly hard to get back to speed and BANG! The truck is nearly 4 tons, trailer is really heavy built dual axle at probably 3000lbs, the side by side with all the gear is probably pushing 2000lbs. Then factor in my heavy foot and 400+HP and 800lbs torque, there's a lot of strain. If I bump up the computer I can get 550HP and over 1000lb of torque..

PioneerPete

PioneerPete

Lifetime Member
Jan 3, 2016
Chattanooga, TN
Ownership

1. 1000-5
if there's anymore hoses, you should consider swapping them all... probably all about the same age and wear.

sharp

sharp

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Jan 27, 2016
Tennessee
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Good it's 10x better to have black smoke blowing out than white! ( I used to have a 6.0)

advertisement
snuffnwhisky

snuffnwhisky

Village Idiot
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Sep 21, 2016
Cullman, AL
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Other Brand
That camera is BA. Does it come with decent editing software?

Reactions: CumminsPusher
Delton

Delton

Honda Fanboy
Vendor
Lifetime Member
Club Contributor
Jan 6, 2016
Middle TN
Ownership

1. 1000-5
if there's anymore hoses, you should consider swapping them all... probably all about the same age and wear.
I told him this as well. But swap to metal pipe and silicone couplers. Not only will it stop blowing hoses, he may even get a lb or 2 more boost out of the deal. Plastic hoses and worm gear clamps don't belong on turbos.

CumminsPusher

CumminsPusher

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Oct 14, 2015
Washington/Idaho
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5

3. Talon X LV
I told him this as well. But swap to metal pipe and silicone couplers. Not only will it stop blowing hoses, he may even get a lb or 2 more boost out of the deal. Plastic hoses and worm gear clamps don't belong on turbos.
Better throttle response too.

Reactions: Delton and drfubar
Delton

Delton

Honda Fanboy
Vendor
Lifetime Member
Club Contributor
Jan 6, 2016
Middle TN
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Yes I would've liked to watch the tree part.
Trust me you wouldn't. All you would hear is.. "bleep tree, bleep rock, bleep'ing this bleep'ing that" lol. Old jarhead here. I work vulgarity like an artist works a paint brush lol. We were hot, sweaty, very tired and in no mood for that tree.

advertisement

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!