Honda Fanboy
Vendor
Lifetime Member
Club Contributor
Jan 6, 2016
Middle TN
Ownership

1. 1000-5
So I'm a little confused did you guys actually have trouble , or where you just screwing with us?
As indestructible as Honda roofs are, I'd say it was actually trouble lol.
IMG 20161102 203406671 800x450

Manwell

Manwell

Lifetime Member
Jul 12, 2016
Georgia
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Trust me you wouldn't. All you would hear is.. "bleep tree, bleep rock, bleep'ing this bleep'ing that" lol. Old jarhead here. I work vulgarity like an artist works a paint brush lol. We were hot, sweaty, very tired and in no mood for that tree.
I totally get it, being an old Sailor and all... Getting caught in a situation when you know better and just a simple tool that is SOP to have, and for whatever reason you don't have it! Look so forward to meeting and riding with you guys...

Delton

Delton

Honda Fanboy
Vendor
Lifetime Member
Club Contributor
Jan 6, 2016
Middle TN
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I totally get it, being an old Sailor and all... Getting caught in a situation when you know better and just a simple tool that is SOP to have, and for whatever reason you don't have it! Look so forward to meeting and riding with you guys...
Can't miss me. Ugly old fart with scratched up rig. With a saw in the bed lmfao.

Manwell

Manwell

Lifetime Member
Jul 12, 2016
Georgia
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Can't miss me. Ugly old fart with scratched up rig. With a saw in the bed lmfao.
Well, there will be at least two ugly old farts in the gang! Working on the "lumber Jack" side of the equation.... Think I chose a new saw, have to determine how I want to carry it and then drop the cash!

Delton

Delton

Honda Fanboy
Vendor
Lifetime Member
Club Contributor
Jan 6, 2016
Middle TN
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Well, there will be at least two ugly old farts in the gang! Working on the "lumber Jack" side of the equation.... Think I chose a new saw, have to determine how I want to carry it and then drop the cash!
I just got my Stihl last year. It didn't hurt nearly as bad as their weedeater I got too lol.

Reactions: Manwell
Manwell

Manwell

Lifetime Member
Jul 12, 2016
Georgia
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I just got my Stihl last year. It didn't hurt nearly as bad as their weedeater I got too lol.
Long story that I won't get into here - but I'm down to zero gas powered chainsaws! My mind was all wrapped around a Stihl, but many reviews I read have the Husky as a better tool. Have yet to pul the trigger, but plan on something soon.

advertisement
Delton

Delton

Honda Fanboy
Vendor
Lifetime Member
Club Contributor
Jan 6, 2016
Middle TN
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Long story that I won't get into here - but I'm down to zero gas powered chainsaws! My mind was all wrapped around a Stihl, but many reviews I read have the Husky as a better tool. Have yet to pul the trigger, but plan on something soon.
Husky makes good stuff. I got one of their backpack blowers last year.

Reactions: CumminsPusher
CumminsPusher

CumminsPusher

Just a Honda doing Honda things.
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Oct 14, 2015
Washington/Idaho
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5

3. Talon X LV
When I researched for an all around easy to start dependable saw we got the 455 rancher it was stellar. Everyone knows how I run s*** and it lasted 5 years of my abuse. Left gas over the winters the whole deal. Never failed in any way not even the plug. Bought it used to. It was stolen and went 460 for a bit more power but it's not quite as good more eco friendly and safety crap that gets in the way. Two people up camping over the years have gotten the 455 because of ours and so far same thing. Can't comment on others but damn I like husky.

CumminsPusher

CumminsPusher

Just a Honda doing Honda things.
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Oct 14, 2015
Washington/Idaho
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5

3. Talon X LV
With a what in the bed? Coulda fooled me;) We could have used it against those drug smugglers after we ran out of bullets... Oh crap, I wasn't supposed to say anything was I?
I saw the video before you pulled it and it seemed like you two cleared most of those ass holes out of the area.

Manwell

Manwell

Lifetime Member
Jul 12, 2016
Georgia
Ownership

1. 1000-5
With a what in the bed? Coulda fooled me;) We could have used it against those drug smugglers after we ran out of bullets... Oh crap, I wasn't supposed to say anything was I?
Was that before or after you chopped down the only existing ancient Red Wood in the eastern USA?? LOL

Manwell

Manwell

Lifetime Member
Jul 12, 2016
Georgia
Ownership

1. 1000-5
When I researched for an all around easy to start dependable saw we got the 455 rancher it was stellar. Everyone knows how I run s*** and it lasted 5 years of my abuse. Left gas over the winters the whole deal. Never failed in any way not even the plug. Bought it used to. It was stolen and went 460 for a bit more power but it's not quite as good more eco friendly and safety crap that gets in the way. Two people up camping over the years have gotten the 455 because of ours and so far same thing. Can't comment on others but damn I like husky.
Seems like I was looking at the 450, trying to stick with the 18" bar... I also found some older discontinued models that are "factory refurbished" that looked interesting and might be pre environmental BS. It's not something that I will use every day or anything like that. But, I do want something that I can depend on. I've read (no personal experience) that Stihl has cheapened their product and is selling based on past reputation...

Manwell

Manwell

Lifetime Member
Jul 12, 2016
Georgia
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Knowing them it was the last one, it probably had a eagles nest in it as well. Lol
Well, after they whacked the bad guys and buried the remains and cut down the Red Wood with a dull hatchet they worked up one Hell of an appetite and nothing goes better with some fine Bourbon that Bald Eagle cooked over an open fire!!

advertisement

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!