longrhoads

longrhoads

Lifetime Member
Oct 10, 2019
US
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Hello,
I just installed a SuperATV 3” lift. The only thing I don’t like is the spacer I had to put on the front shocks which not only reduced suspension travel but made the ride stiffer then stock setup.
Has anyone found away around this or used shocks that will fit without coil spacer?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

H

Hostile1

Apr 8, 2020
Alaska
Ownership

1. Do not currently own
I run just spacers and its definitely rough. I honestly think the only real option is shocks.

Reactions: longrhoads
longrhoads

longrhoads

Lifetime Member
Oct 10, 2019
US
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I did some shock research and found out Fox shocks for the Pioneer 1000-5 can only be purchased from a Honda dealer and they are set up for stock application.
Elka builds the shocks for the exact setup your running (lift, weight of machine and passengers, etc..). They were very helpful and asked questions I didn’t even think of asking. Stage 3 shocks seemed to be the right fit for me since stage 4 and 5 are mainly for racing applications. The Fox shocks are basically a stage 3 shock with no modifications. The Elks’s are being built to exactly what I need for my SXS setup. The difference in price was about $500 but seemed fair for what I’m getting.

longrhoads

longrhoads

Lifetime Member
Oct 10, 2019
US
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I did some shock research and found out Fox shocks for the Pioneer 1000-5 can only be purchased from a Honda dealer and they are set up for stock application.
Elka builds the shocks for the exact setup your running (lift, weight of machine and passengers, etc..). They were very helpful and asked questions I didn’t even think of asking. Stage 3 shocks seemed to be the right fit for me since stage 4 and 5 are mainly for racing applications. The Fox shocks are basically a stage 3 shock with no modifications. The Elks’s are being built to exactly what I need for my SXS setup. The difference in price was about $500 but seemed fair for what I’m getting.

Also, you don’t have to use coil spring spacer on the front shocks needed for the SATV 3” lift kit and the sway bar can be removed to get maximum travel. They said the sway bar isn’t needed because the shocks will compensate for body roll you will experience at high speeds.

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!