P1000 Comfort

E

Ehunter

Supporting Member
Jul 14, 2020
Bend
Ownership

1. 700-4
I have a question I just sold my 700-4. I want to buy a 1000-5 but my wife sat in a yahama remax 4. She likes the seats better than the honda for longer rides. We will not be rock crawling. What improvements can I do to the bench seats to increase her comfort.

S

Scrappapotamus

The Scrappapotamus
Lifetime Member
Nov 2, 2022
Midway KY
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5

3. Talon X

4. Talon R

5. Talon R LV
4 seater. Lot's of options when removing the rear seats. BTW, I have a P1K5 that I ran for about a year. They're nice vehicles and much more practical than a Talon. I spent numerous long days trail riding with little to no discomfort. I installed Elka 5s and all the armor. It's my Woodland / Trail capable Tahoe. Good power, love the transmission, tons of space up front and loads of cargo space. Fit a Trail Tank for range. They're relatively quiet except for the transmission noise. I love mine, but they aren't as comfortable and fast as a Talon. Something doable and sketch in a Pioneer 1000 is but a speed bump in a Talon. My next machine will probably be a Talon R4. Very confusing response but totally honest

Remington

Remington

Fife! POIDH Enforcement Officer
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Jul 24, 2016
Michigan
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon X
I don't recall where I saw it but someone mounted Talon seats in a pioneer. Thought it was on this site.
I think alot of $$$ and it made your position about 6 inches higher in the cab. I think that’s why it was just the one person that did it. You haven’t seen it done since.
Why I didnt do it

E

Ehunter

Supporting Member
Jul 14, 2020
Bend
Ownership

1. 700-4
I had a 4 seater 700-4 but am thinking about 1000-5. I loved my honda but am moving to area we can drive on roads. So looking for another option. I love Honda but my wife wants a more comfortable ride. I have 3 dogs that we need to have space for. Or else I would look at a talon. My 2 options are honda 1000-5 or yahama 4 I can remove the seats. My mistake for letting her set in another rig 😢

Remington

Remington

Fife! POIDH Enforcement Officer
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Jul 24, 2016
Michigan
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon X
I had a 4 seater 700-4 but am thinking about 1000-5. I loved my honda but am moving to area we can drive on roads. So looking for another option. I love Honda but my wife wants a more comfortable ride. I have 3 dogs that we need to have space for. Or else I would look at a talon. My 2 options are honda 1000-5 or yahama 4 I can remove the seats. My mistake for letting her set in another rig 😢
Not your mistake for letting her sit in another rig, it’s your mistake for not letting her drive in that other rig to notice the difference in deafening noise at higher RPMs for cruising speed. That will change her mind then you can pick what you want.😉

Vikes79

Vikes79

SKOL!
Lifetime Member
Jul 18, 2018
South Dakota
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon X4 LV
I have a question I just sold my 700-4. I want to buy a 1000-5 but my wife sat in a yahama remax 4. She likes the seats better than the honda for longer rides. We will not be rock crawling. What improvements can I do to the bench seats to increase her comfort.
No matter what you get it will be a compromise on something.

I have a Talon x4 and a P1k5….two different machines for two different purposes.

For me the P1k5 is a much more comfortable ride but I’m a bigger guy. The seats in the Talon are more comfortable as they are not a bench, but I had to modify the drivers seat by adding a riser and modified the gas and brake pedals for my bigger shoes and to make some leg room.

For hauling gear and stuff the P1k5 wins hands down. Not even close. Capacity etc it’s not the same.

The X4 is a school bus compared to the P1k5 and doesn’t have turf mode either.

P1k5 will absolutely go anywhere a Talon will, and more IMO. It may not be at the same speed and may be a bit rougher. In the woods , mountains, at low speeds on tight trails etc, the P1k5 is really faster than my X4 IMO.

Out in the open, the P1k5 tries mightily to hang in straight lines, but it simply gets out run by the X4.

The P1k5 is more of a utility machine that can play a bit…the Talon is a sports machine that barely hauls more than a cooler of sodas.

IMO let your real needs drive your decision. If your plowing snow, hauling wood, spraying pastures etc, etc, most of the time…you’ll hate the talon. If all you want to do is go fast…you won’t be as happy with a Pioneer.

advertisement
E

Ehunter

Supporting Member
Jul 14, 2020
Bend
Ownership

1. 700-4
Out riding is mostly old logging roads and for hunting. Some yard work the new p5 have turf mode. OK I will just buy her a nice pillow.

NTCPrezJB

NTCPrezJB

President of #NTC
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Jan 30, 2018
Canton, OH
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Out riding is mostly old logging roads and for hunting. Some yard work the new p5 have turf mode. OK I will just buy her a nice pillow.
To clarify for any future reader P1K5 have turf mode (always have). P5’s aka P500/P520’s do not.

Scoop

Scoop

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Sep 7, 2021
Michigan
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5

3. Talon R LV
Well, at least her seat will be comfy while she waits for you to walk back to civilization and return with parts and tools to repair.

Jerryg

Jerryg

Sep 24, 2020
NEPA
Ownership

1. Other Brand
Don't overlook the Yamaha X21000 or 850. Very comfortable under 20K. The 850 is more quiet.

Reactions: Ehunter

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!