P1000 Cabin Comfort Kit

Redmoon

Redmoon

Feb 21, 2019
Prescott Az.
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Does the Cabin Comfort Kit from Honda not apply to the 2019 Pioneer. My dealer cannot give me a straight answer.
First ride 2 days ago I wore shorts and the heat on the back of my leg was very uncomfortable after 40 miles. Wife said that the seat was too hot for her to set that long.
Fan worked as it should and temp gauge never went over 2 bars.
This is for a 2019 Pioneer 5 LE with 78 miles
Thanks

Reactions: TripleB and BWAF
TripleB

TripleB

Lifetime Member
Aug 13, 2018
Caryville, Tennessee
Ownership

1. 1000-3

2. 1000-5
Does the Cabin Comfort Kit from Honda not apply to the 2019 Pioneer. My dealer cannot give me a straight answer.
First ride 2 days ago I wore shorts and the heat on the back of my leg was very uncomfortable after 40 miles. Wife said that the seat was too hot for her to set that long.
Fan worked as it should and temp gauge never went over 2 bars.
This is for a 2019 Pioneer 5 LE with 78 miles
Thanks
2018 and up already has it installed. Its little rubber pieces under your seat. U will have to put some more insulation under seat or put a fan under seat to blow heat out the back. Or do both.

Reactions: BWAF
Redmoon

Redmoon

Feb 21, 2019
Prescott Az.
Ownership

1. 1000-5
It's pretty useless for heat, does help with steam coming from below, but that's about it.
Useless! That little piece of rubber is like putting a mouse condom on an elephant dick! Never gonna do the job. Might as well put a tissue paper on under the seat. Pathetic I expect better out of Honda.
So the best fix for the Honda engineers not doing their job is for me to spend another couple of hundred bucks for a bilge fan and firewall insulation? What is the best bilge 4" fan that people are running?

Reactions: JTW and TripleB
H

HondaTech

Useless! That little piece of rubber is like putting a mouse condom on an elephant dick! Never gonna do the job. Might as well put a tissue paper on under the seat. Pathetic I expect better out of Honda.
So the best fix for the Honda engineers not doing their job is for me to spend another couple of hundred bucks for a bilge fan and firewall insulation? What is the best bilge 4" fan that people are running?

Hey it could be like every other SXS manufacturer who suffered the same issues before and just leave you to deal with it.

1st gen Kawasaki Teryxs are so hot you don't even need a doors in the winter. The newer ones arent much better, anything that requires you to sit on top of the engine is going to be hot.

Redmoon

Redmoon

Feb 21, 2019
Prescott Az.
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Hey it could be like every other SXS manufacturer who suffered the same issues before and just leave you to deal with it.

1st gen Kawasaki Teryxs are so hot you don't even need a doors in the winter. The newer ones arent much better, anything that requires you to sit on top of the engine is going to be hot.

Yah I get all of that. I'm not new to off road. But! Its a Honda, I just expected better. They always come late to the game I always thought it was because they were sitting back and watching all of the other players make all of the mistakes so that when they did release it was with a with a product with fewer issues. Not the same ones. It just chaps me that I have to spend more money on something that could have been avoided. You buy a Civic and all you ever put in is gas and oil.
Like the machine a lot, just wanted to spend the extra money on goodies not fixes.

Redmoon

Redmoon

Feb 21, 2019
Prescott Az.
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Yah I get all of that. I'm not new to off road. But! Its a Honda, I just expected better. They always come late to the game I always thought it was because they were sitting back and watching all of the other players make all of the mistakes so that when they did release it was with a with a product with fewer issues. Not the same ones. It just chaps me that I have to spend more money on something that could have been avoided. You buy a Civic and all you ever put in is gas and oil.
Like the machine a lot, just wanted to spend the extra money on goodies not fixes.
oh and it looks to me like they did leave me to fix it. Honda sure didn't.

Landman

Landman

The Great Bearded One
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Jun 27, 2017
Central Arkansas
Ownership

1. Do not currently own
Fan option 1
Fan option 2
Heat shield option 1
Heat shield option 2

I went with fan option 2 and some shielding similar to option 1, but the exact one I ordered isn't available from Amazon any more. I think most did fan option 1 at the start of the fan mod craze... some doing two of them. Depending on how fancy you wanna go, even after a switch and some wire, you can get it a big improvement for $100 or less going with the cheaper choices.

Reactions: TripleB
sporttrac4x4

sporttrac4x4

Lifetime Member
Jan 7, 2016
ILL.
Ownership

1. Other Brand
After you drop another $4000 then it will be a lot better.

Redmoon

Redmoon

Feb 21, 2019
Prescott Az.
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Fan option 1
Fan option 2
Heat shield option 1
Heat shield option 2

I went with fan option 2 and some shielding similar to option 1, but the exact one I ordered isn't available from Amazon any more. I think most did fan option 1 at the start of the fan mod craze... some doing two of them. Depending on how fancy you wanna go, even after a switch and some wire, you can get it a big improvement for $100 or less going with the cheaper choices.

Thanks Landman. Fan Option 1: Atwood 4000 II Heat Option 1. I appreciate your response.
Maybe a Samsung split system AC. Why Not! Right

Reactions: Landman

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!