P1000 Cabin enclosure...

J

john790

Jan 13, 2020
Clinton ohio 44216
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Well if you want to seal up a honda like the can-am probley not going to happen.Honda dropped the ball big time.But you can seal one pretty good.Iam soft rear and doors i dont want to zip in and out.I think it was YIKES that said to seal up the doors with weather strips works well stays on.Noodles in the gaps and a big heater.Plowing snow it will run you out 35 MPH its about even.At one bar iam making heat.

Remington

Remington

Deputy Fife POIDH Enforcement Officer
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Jul 24, 2016
Michigan
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon X
Well if you want to seal up a honda like the CANNED-HAM probley not going to happen.Honda dropped the ball big time.But you can seal one pretty good.Iam soft rear and doors i dont want to zip in and out.I think it was YIKES that said to seal up the doors with weather strips works well stays on.Noodles in the gaps and a big heater.Plowing snow it will run you out 35 MPH its about even.At one bar iam making heat.
Fixed it for ya! 🥳

TripleB

TripleB

Lifetime Member
Aug 13, 2018
Caryville, Tennessee
Ownership

1. 1000-3

2. 1000-5
If you got a new machine I'd go talk to the salesperson and ask about a discount on some accessories. You should be able to get aleast 10% off if not more. Also, did you check out some of the cheap cab options on the internet. Hard Cabs look nice and way cheaper. Doesn't have the roll down windows, but huge difference in price. Check out these upper doors only. Honda Pioneer 1000 / 1000-5 Aluminum Upper Doors By Offroad Armor – Offroad Armor | Offroad Accessories
Ronayers.com routinely sells there OEM parts and accessories for 20-$25% off with free shipping and no tax. Rockymountainatvmc.com is usually around the same discount but they charge me tax. That's where I got my doors before I figured out you had to be logged in to Ronayers.com to get the discount on the OEM accessories.

S

Scrappapotamus

The Scrappapotamus
Lifetime Member
Nov 2, 2022
Midway KY
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5

3. Talon R

4. Talon R LV
Just finished installing complete soft cab. Took it for a spin yesterday without the rear curtain installed and it was brutally frigid. 4 degrees cooler today, but after installing rear curtain, 25 mile ride on the back roads reaching speeds to 60MPH were tolerable. I also don't plan to install a heater, thus not a bad option considering. I still have a few places around the doors with daylight, so sealing these up should make a noticeable improvement. I was wearing a long sleeve T, a down sweater and light down vest, jeans and flip-flops with no socks, and knitted fingerless shooting gloves. I'm amazed what a difference the rear curtain made. All of these accessories remove easily and I'll have an open rig to roll when it warms up. Honda's directions suck and several videos on the web are pretty vague while being more informative than the download from Honda. Best Vid was from the Honda SXS Store guy which I found after several days of wrangling.

IMG 3052 IMG 3050

Tres Ranch

Tres Ranch

Jul 14, 2022
New Mexico
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Just finished installing complete soft cab. Took it for a spin yesterday without the rear curtain installed and it was brutally frigid. 4 degrees cooler today, but after installing rear curtain, 25 mile ride on the back roads reaching speeds to 60MPH were tolerable. I also don't plan to install a heater, thus not a bad option considering. I still have a few places around the doors with daylight, so sealing these up should make a noticeable improvement. I was wearing a long sleeve T, a down sweater and light down vest, jeans and flip-flops with no socks, and knitted fingerless shooting gloves. I'm amazed what a difference the rear curtain made. All of these accessories remove easily and I'll have an open rig to roll when it warms up. Honda's directions suck and several videos on the web are pretty vague while being more informative than the download from Honda. Best Vid was from the Honda SXS Store guy which I found after several days of wrangling.

View attachment 366869 View attachment 366871
Thanks for the observation and all good to know... I hadn’t taken the cab enclosure seriously enough until last week after spending a hour out in -20 below windchill. ‘Guess I’d forgotten what throbbing fingers and toes felt like!

Tres Ranch

Tres Ranch

Jul 14, 2022
New Mexico
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Ronayers.com routinely sells there OEM parts and accessories for 20-$25% off with free shipping and no tax. Rockymountainatvmc.com is usually around the same discount but they charge me tax. That's where I got my doors before I figured out you had to be logged in to Ronayers.com to get the discount on the OEM accessories.
Many thanks... I’m going to look them up and see what I can find. 👍🏼

TripleB

TripleB

Lifetime Member
Aug 13, 2018
Caryville, Tennessee
Ownership

1. 1000-3

2. 1000-5
Many thanks... I’m going to look them up and see what I can find. 👍🏼
Screenshot 20221219 120229 Brave
Screenshot 20221219 120253 Brave

You have to be signed in and add it to your cart to get the discount on the OEM accessories. It's not hardley 15% on the doors. The discount varies on each item. I ordered a replacement seat and it was right at 30% off MSRP. I don't think you have to be signed In to see the discounts on the OEM parts.

H

Hattonr

Dec 18, 2022
Poconos
Ownership

1. 700-4
Any real decisions here? I got a 2017 Pioneer 700-4 REAL cheap... Did a mess of work on it it now runs and drives great now... but I am just getting too old to plow with my old Fourtrax 300 and want to get this ready for next winter. I am going to install a full plow, cab enclosure and heater... but so many of the enclosures I am finding really looks questionable. I don't mind only enclosing the front portion, since I don't expect passengers while I plow! It came with an OEM top and half windshield, but I want to install a hard top.
Even the fabric enclosures are running $$ (like more than I paid for the ride!), so I just want to make sure it's going to do the job.

Reactions: Buggyman
H

Hattonr

Dec 18, 2022
Poconos
Ownership

1. 700-4
Made these plywood and plexiglass

View attachment 385241
Heck, yeah! I am really digging that idea! It can really be more custom than anything you can buy and I just had some work done in my house that left me with a BUNCH of good plywood an T-111 siding... just need to source the plexiglass.
How did you attach it? i.e. is it easily removable for summer riding? I just want it enclosed for plowing.

MuddHonda

MuddHonda

Jul 17, 2018
Fredericton, New Brunswick, Canada
Ownership

1. 1000-3
Heck, yeah! I am really digging that idea! It can really be more custom than anything you can buy and I just had some work done in my house that left me with a BUNCH of good plywood an T-111 siding... just need to source the plexiglass.
How did you attach it? i.e. is it easily removable for summer riding? I just want it enclosed for plowing.

MuddHonda

MuddHonda

Jul 17, 2018
Fredericton, New Brunswick, Canada
Ownership

1. 1000-3
I used 3/4" square tube, insert nuts, 5 bolts, takes 2 minutes to remove, removed one on the trail yesterday as it was getting too hot.

H

Hattonr

Dec 18, 2022
Poconos
Ownership

1. 700-4
Nice... I think I have some tube and/or flat steel that might work

H

Hattonr

Dec 18, 2022
Poconos
Ownership

1. 700-4
I think flat steel may let the door top flex too much.
I am looking at 1/4" flat steel. It's just what I have. My fear was more that it would make the whole assembly too heavy.
'll just need to see what I've got and if any of it is viable. I already have to replace the door bushings, just waiting for it to stop raining! The weather here has kept me from working on most projects, but I'm sure there will be better days ahead

Reactions: MuddHonda

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!