P1000 comments please on my accessory setup???

S

sheba4

Jan 5, 2018
mn.
Ownership

1. 500

2. 1000-5

3. Big Red
ok this is what i will be adding to my p1000-5 soon...
boss stereo and 2 speakers
bilge blower for heat
light bar with 4 pods
whip lights
master switch
maybe winch
will my adding a second battery cover this.... 26ah battery?
also do i need 6 rocker switches or 8? i need the 3.0" hole for my boss radio and not sure which switch plate to get and the rockers..
also getting these parts.
Amazon.com: True UTV-SBI-CM UTV Dual Battery Connect & Monitor Kit: Automotive
also do i need the stinger? sorry but i am just not good at trying to figure this out... where to buy my rockers and switch plate?
i guess i will just start with getting my battery in first, try and wire that and go from there...i think someone posted this a while back on this site...will look in the adds... thanks for your help in advance.... sorry about the long message...

Gary

nitzo

nitzo

Lifetime Member
Aug 16, 2019
East Coast, Florida
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Before you buy all those switches, take a look at one of these. Feniex 4200 Mini Controller. I had all the other stuff and switched to this, it works really well.

. 1581417102293

K9Paco

K9Paco

Lifetime Member
Apr 22, 2018
Lake Charles, La
Ownership

1. Talon X LV
Watch this video for your second battery install.

Contact Pioneer Switch Panels and Accessories on Facebook for a nice switch panel (think holes for your switched and radio).

His panels are for OTRATTW switches but I just ordered MicTunning switches and shaved the switch down for now. It’s cheaper. And they come with the jumper wires so you don’t have to make them.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:
TripleB

TripleB

Lifetime Member
Aug 13, 2018
Caryville, Tennessee
Ownership

1. 1000-3

2. 1000-5
ok this is what i will be adding to my p1000-5 soon...
boss stereo and 2 speakers
bilge blower for heat
light bar with 4 pods
whip lights
master switch
maybe winch
will my adding a second battery cover this.... 26ah battery?
also do i need 6 rocker switches or 8? i need the 3.0" hole for my boss radio and not sure which switch plate to get and the rockers..
also getting these parts.
Amazon.com: True UTV-SBI-CM UTV Dual Battery Connect & Monitor Kit: Automotive
also do i need the stinger? sorry but i am just not good at trying to figure this out... where to buy my rockers and switch plate?
i guess i will just start with getting my battery in first, try and wire that and go from there...i think someone posted this a while back on this site...will look in the adds... thanks for your help in advance.... sorry about the long message...

Gary
You don't have to use the stinger but if you dont your switches/accessories will be hot all the time. Also I seen where the stinger relays have failed in really cold weather. I use a stinger on 1 of my sxs but on my other sxs that I just added my second battery and accessories to, I used this relay.
Amazon.com: Cole Hersee 24117-01-BP 12V Continuous Duty Solenoid (4 Stud Hex Nut 20 Ul): Automotive.
Also if your gonna order true isolator, I would order it from the club store. It's the same price and anything u can get from the club store will help the dude out that runs this site.

H

HondaTech

Boss has a cool new touchscreen radio/audio controller. Haven't seen it in person, but it looks to be something worth maybe looking into

Reactions: farmtimpioneer
Cuoutdoors

Cuoutdoors

Executive Member
Lifetime Member
Sep 12, 2016
Central Iowa
Ownership

1. 1000-3
Before you buy all those switches, take a look at one of these. Feniex 4200 Mini Controller. I had all the other stuff and switched to this, it works really well.

.View attachment 183093

These controllers are pretty nice. @Kilo427 has one or 2.

If you dont get one of these I strongly advise you do not get any switches that arent a real carling switch. Otrattw.com sells them. Everything else is junk.

aauman88

aauman88

Supporting Member
Feb 19, 2019
Georgia
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Wish there was a way to make that 4200 mini red instead of green. Is there labels available for what we use on SxS’s?

S

sheba4

Jan 5, 2018
mn.
Ownership

1. 500

2. 1000-5

3. Big Red
These controllers are pretty nice. @Kilo427 has one or 2.

If you dont get one of these I strongly advise you do not get any switches that arent a real carling switch. Otrattw.com sells them. Everything else is junk.
Will get that...

Thanks,
Gary

Reactions: Cuoutdoors
S

sheba4

Jan 5, 2018
mn.
Ownership

1. 500

2. 1000-5

3. Big Red
Wish there was a way to make that 4200 mini red instead of green. Is there labels available for what we use on SxS’s?
Just make your on a 3d printer..

S

sheba4

Jan 5, 2018
mn.
Ownership

1. 500

2. 1000-5

3. Big Red
Boss has a cool new touchscreen radio/audio controller. Haven't seen it in person, but it looks to be something worth maybe looking into
Ok thanks, what speakers do you recommend? 4 or 6"

S

sheba4

Jan 5, 2018
mn.
Ownership

1. 500

2. 1000-5

3. Big Red
Put the winch and auxiliary Battery at the top of Your list and consider a good Skid plate also,
If you read my post? It was on the top of the list... I will never get a skid plate...i have my own 200 acres of private land with miles of trails I have made with a tractor... all logging roads and grass...

Reactions: farmtimpioneer
S

sheba4

Jan 5, 2018
mn.
Ownership

1. 500

2. 1000-5

3. Big Red
You don't have to use the stinger but if you dont your switches/accessories will be hot all the time. Also I seen where the stinger relays have failed in really cold weather. I use a stinger on 1 of my sxs but on my other sxs that I just added my second battery and accessories to, I used this relay.
Amazon.com: Cole Hersee 24117-01-BP 12V Continuous Duty Solenoid (4 Stud Hex Nut 20 Ul): Automotive.
Also if your gonna order true isolator, I would order it from the club store. It's the same price and anything u can get from the club store will help the dude out that runs this site.
Ok thank you sir. I am not even sure what a relay does? I ride in northern mn. A lot ad it is 5 to 15 degrees most of the time... I can always get a stinger later...
Thanks so much for your help... so I assume i do not need a master switch if I do not get a stinger?

Thanks,
Gary

Reactions: TripleB
Cuoutdoors

Cuoutdoors

Executive Member
Lifetime Member
Sep 12, 2016
Central Iowa
Ownership

1. 1000-3
Ok thank you sir. I am not even sure what a relay does? I ride in northern mn. A lot ad it is 5 to 15 degrees most of the time... I can always get a stinger later...
Thanks so much for your help... so I assume i do not need a master switch if I do not get a stinger?

Thanks,
Gary
You can use a master switch and a relay or a keyed hot wire and a relay. I've done both. If you want your accessories on and machine off it's best to go the master switch route.

S

sheba4

Jan 5, 2018
mn.
Ownership

1. 500

2. 1000-5

3. Big Red
You can use a master switch and a relay or a keyed hot wire and a relay. I've done both. If you want your accessories on and machine off it's best to go the master switch route.
Ok thanks, so with a master my hour meter will not be running correct?

JiminAZ

JiminAZ

Lifetime Member
Sep 28, 2019
Phoenix, AZ
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Just FYI a relay is an electrically controlled remote switch. They are used so you don’t have to run all the power of the accessory through the dash switch. They are very common in electrical systems. With a relay your dash switch sends a signal to the relay which closes and provides power to your accessory.

You might want to get educated a bit on this before you go buy switches for your accessories. Also think a bit about fuses and circuit protection.

Cuoutdoors

Cuoutdoors

Executive Member
Lifetime Member
Sep 12, 2016
Central Iowa
Ownership

1. 1000-3
Ok thanks, so with a master my hour meter will not be running correct?

Correct.

It sounds like this might be a little bit outside your wheel house. It would be a good idea to gather more information about all of the components before you start on this project. It can be overwhelming if its new to you and you can mess things up in a hurry or hurt yourself if installed wrong.

M

Montster

Nov 13, 2019
Ownership

1. Do not currently own
That Feniex controller looks really nice. Would you be able to control the winch with it, and be able to run the cable in and out?

nitzo

nitzo

Lifetime Member
Aug 16, 2019
East Coast, Florida
Ownership

1. 1000-5
That Feniex controller looks really nice. Would you be able to control the winch with it, and be able to run the cable in and out?

My winch came with everything pre-wired and already had a plug and play rocker switch so I just kept it, I figured it would be ok. You can see it to the right of the Feniex.

Switch

JiminAZ

JiminAZ

Lifetime Member
Sep 28, 2019
Phoenix, AZ
Ownership

1. 1000-5
You are almost certainly not going to be able to control your winch with the Feniex. My Switch-pro specifically warns against it.

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!