BOX1

P1000 Compass Warranty or Honda Warranty

C

Crhardy9

Feb 5, 2019
Georgia
Ownership

1. 1000-5
So I was cruising along with my son (roughly 10 MPH) and we went over some rocks. The front A Arm broke loose from the frame along with the tie rod end. The warranty company is trying to pass the claim onto my insurance as a total loss. I have always supported and loved my Honda products. Has anyone had any experience with this type issue. Any and all help would be appreciated. The unit was 3 months old and i had finished the 100 mile oil change about 5 mins before the incident.

Thanks

Last edited:
Reactions: TripleB
C

Crhardy9

Feb 5, 2019
Georgia
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Any ideas on the best number to reach out to them?

H

HondaTech

How could that possibly be a total loss?

Frame replacement is probbaly what their quoting, which honestly should be a total loss either.

The bad thing about the deal is the frame is split into 3 pieces, but Honda wont sell it that way, you have to buy the entire 3 piece as an assembly.
Then you could bolt on just the front half.

In my past experience, Honda would usually repair the damage not replace the frame.

Smitty335

Smitty335

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Oct 3, 2016
NWA Arkansas
Ownership

1. 1000-3

2. 1000-5
So I was cruising along with my son (roughly 10 MPH) and we went over some rocks. The front A Arm broke loose from the frame along with the tie rod end. The warranty company is trying to pass the claim onto my insurance as a total loss. I have always supported and loved my Honda products. Has anyone had any experience with this type issue. Any and all help would be appreciated. The unit was 3 months old and i had finished the 100 mile oil change about 5 mins before the incident.

Thanks
If its within the Honda 1 year warranty, take it back to your dealer and tell them to handle it, if not they probally sold you the extended warranty, tell them to handle it! Extended warranties aren't worth soiled toilet paper for any thing!

BigOL3

BigOL3

Lifetime Member
Oct 27, 2017
Deep in the heart of Dixie, Kentwood, La.
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Frame replacement is probbaly what their quoting, which honestly should be a total loss either.

The bad thing about the deal is the frame is split into 3 pieces, but Honda wont sell it that way, you have to buy the entire 3 piece as an assembly.
Then you could bolt on just the front half.

In my past experience, Honda would usually repair the damage not replace the frame.
I was thinking any quality fab shop should be able to repair the a arm???

BOX2
box3

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!