BOX1

P500 Coolant change instructions. Easy!

S

Scottyb

Jan 7, 2017
Michigan
Ownership

1. 500
I have an early P500. First time for coolant change.I did oil at the same time when the seat and covers are off. Much less hassle. I pulled off bottom hose where it clamps to steel tube to drain coolant. About straight down from where front edge of seat would be.When filling there is an air burp bolt on steel coolant elbow at top front of engine. Forward of seat belt latches. At front edge of center console plastic.Cant miss it. Pull bolt, fill radiator until coolant comes out of bolt hole.Much easier than elevating front end and not wondering if all the airs out. Hope this helps. You're welcome. :)

trigger

trigger

Old Ironsides
Vendor
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Feb 13, 2016
Bay City, Michigan
www.quickshieldutv.com
Ownership

1. 500
I have an early P500. First time for coolant change.I did oil at the same time when the seat and covers are off. Much less hassle. I pulled off bottom hose where it clamps to steel tube to drain coolant. About straight down from where front edge of seat would be.When filling there is an air burp bolt on steel coolant elbow at top front of engine. Forward of seat belt latches. At front edge of center console plastic.Cant miss it. Pull bolt, fill radiator until coolant comes out of bolt hole.Much easier than elevating front end and not wondering if all the airs out. Hope this helps. You're welcome. :)

Welcome aboard @Scottyb! Nice to see more members from the mitten state here.
Thanks for the info too, leaving air in the cooling system is not good.

SILVER_ALERT

SILVER_ALERT

HONDA SXS Club Flounder
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Jan 6, 2016
Route 66 Oklahoma
Ownership

1. 500
Howdy from Oklahoma, and welcome. Thanks for the coolant change suggestions. Mine is not due yet, but you make it sound like a lot less of a PITA than I expected.

Reactions: Smitty335
100Acre

100Acre

Samsquinch the Terrible Magic Bean Manipulator
Lifetime Member
Club Contributor
Apr 25, 2017
Idaho
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I'm thinking to do a flush soon. Thanks for the info and welcome to the forum.

Reactions: Smitty335
BOX2
box3

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!