Cooling fan runs randomly with key off

Realtreegrizzly

Realtreegrizzly

Jan 20, 2014
Was working on my 700 today trying to figure where to mount my winch switch. Had all the wiring ran and tested all functions of winch and all was well. No keys in the ignition hadn't ran the engine for a couple days. Goofing around the work bench when the cooling fan came on ran a few seconds then quit about the time I made it over to the pioneer. So I'm looking for a cause double checked everything was ok thought maybe low batt voltage. Got the keys started right up no problem with batt. So I'm thinking great just out of warranty and a electrical problem. Was looking over real good and notice the deer feeder with the the battery operated timer for feeding setting in the floor upside down beside the front of the pioneer. Pulled the bottom off sure enough the battery was still hooked up. The timer went off and the slinger was spinning sounded just like the cooling fan running. Whooo was I ever glad. Should have never doubted the Honda!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Reactions: Wiggins and Hawk53
Hondasxs

Hondasxs

Club Founder
Staff member
Feb 13, 2013
Charlotte, NC
HondaSxS.com
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon R
Realtree,
Sometimes little things can catch you off guard. But I'm glad it wasn't anything wrong with it.

Reminds me of when my Rubicon would not crank. Spent 2 days trying to figure out why it would not crank when it never has problems. Buddy comes over.. flips the kill switch... And it fires right up.. I was pissed.. hahaha..

Reactions: Wiggins and Hawk53

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!