Haldog77

Haldog77

NTC's Mafia Enforcer
Lifetime Member
Sep 30, 2019
Bossier City, Louisiana
Ownership

1. 1000-3
It is a good time to get all those shop projects done, been working on this old towmotor forklift for several years now, I have completely restored it mechanically, has a brand new old stock Continental engine in it, I pulled the engine and took the entire forklift apart down to the frame everything have been rebuilt or restored, I was going to rebuild engine and in the process of locating parts I found a new old stock engine direct replacement for almost the same money as parts which are very hard to find,,, all I have to do now is shoot it with paint and put the roll cage back on and a few Mickey mouse things and it is done,,,, works very good,,,,

I would like to know where to look for a Continental engine like that, because I'm working on a Hyster forklift. I am ready to tackle the motor but it is hard to find parts.

Montecresto

Montecresto

Montecresto el segundo
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Jan 17, 2016
Eastern oklahoma
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 500

3. 1000-3

4. 1000-5

5. Talon X4
Can’t say I’ve stayed home that’s just not something I can do much. But have been staying away from others. Been being good lol.
In normal times I’m beating the brakes off 1-40 between three states, homes and offices; can’t say I’m terribly upset staying at the lake, working on projects in the yard and having cocktails on the water every evening....🤣

CumminsPusher

CumminsPusher

Just a Honda doing Honda things.
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Oct 14, 2015
Washington/Idaho
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5

3. Talon X LV
In normal times I’m beating the brakes off 1-40 between three states, homes and offices; can’t say I’m terribly upset staying at the lake, working on projects in the yard and having cocktails on the water every evening....🤣
No that’s a pretty good time. I thought we would be non-essential at work being a body shop but for some reason it’s not. Mixed feelings about it because I was hoping to be outta here in the woods for extended stay but I do appreciate having a job too

Last edited:
Montecresto

Montecresto

Montecresto el segundo
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Jan 17, 2016
Eastern oklahoma
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 500

3. 1000-3

4. 1000-5

5. Talon X4
No that’s a pretty good time. I thought we would be non-essential at work being a body shop but for some reason it’s not. Mixed feelings about it because I was hoping to be outta here in the woods for extended stay but I do appreciate having a job too
Lmao, torn between two loves are ya CP....🤣

This is of course the confusing part of no national standard. Georgia finally ordered stay at home, but left the beaches open where social distancing may be difficult, whereas their neighbor, South Carolina I believe, hasn’t enacted a SAHO, but has closed the beaches....🤷‍♂️

Smitty335

Smitty335

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Oct 3, 2016
NWA Arkansas
Ownership

1. 1000-3

2. 1000-5
Even though it’s seemed like more police force lately they sure haven’t been messing with anyone. Was nervous on my last trip at a higher rate of speed on cruise because of the absence of cars. However blew by a couple Leo’s, one was at 16-18over kinda by accident. Seeing like getting somewhere quickly has gotten easier.
Anyone else notice this?
I have, DOT / Highway police are scarce these days, couple years ago they were pulling over lawn service companies with two lawn mowers on a 20 foot trailer, even gave a farmer a ticket for 2 sacks on grain on a flat bed, unsecured load!

YardDog

YardDog

Grumpy ol' fart
Lifetime Member
Feb 2, 2017
Arkansas
Ownership

1. 1000-3
I live out on a dirt road and have three law enforcement that live within a mile or so from my place. One is a game warden, one is sheriff's deputy, and the third is state police. They all said someone would have to screw up pretty bad right now before they'll mess with it.

farmtimpioneer

farmtimpioneer

Wise Men Still Seek "Him"
Lifetime Member
Jul 27, 2018
Brookville Ohio
Ownership

1. 1000-3
I would like to know where to look for a Continental engine like that, because I'm working on a Hyster forklift. I am ready to tackle the motor but it is hard to find parts.
I lucked out when I found this one it was the only one He had left Continental 163, I got it several years ago at a place called National Equipment Sales 7700 south sixth ave. in Clinton, Ohio, it is very hard to find parts for Continental another Avenue is Allis Chalmers some of their power units tractor engines where same as Continental, another source for forklift parts that I used was Material Handling Wholesale Corp. 1375 Spaulding Rd. Elgin, IL. GOOD LUCK,,,,,,,,

100Acre

100Acre

Samsquinch the Terrible Magic Bean Manipulator
Lifetime Member
Club Contributor
Apr 25, 2017
Idaho
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I've had one new and two more clients from a while ago reach out to me hoping I could improve or install new gardens for them. I'm making money and keeping my distance but boy am I beat! It's all I can do to manage my own farm but wow is it ever more beautiful with everything in bloom. I parked my green 500 under the lavender colored Cercis Canadensis in bloom and the contrasting colors are awesome. I was about to take a picture but my camera battery crapped out. Planting potatoes and onion sets for another client tomorrow.....
Today I graded a huge brand new shooting range at my buddy's place. He wants me to install a riding trail/ shooting course through the property, it even has a river sized creek on the edge! Pictures of that later. Tractoring is kicking me arse!

Plumber32

Plumber32

Go ride!
Lifetime Member
Club Contributor
Jun 15, 2014
Wisconsin
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I've had one new and two more clients from a while ago reach out to me hoping I could improve or install new gardens for them. I'm making money and keeping my distance but boy am I beat! It's all I can do to manage my own farm but wow is it ever more beautiful with everything in bloom. I parked my green 500 under the lavender colored Cercis Canadensis in bloom and the contrasting colors are awesome. I was about to take a picture but my camera battery crapped out. Planting potatoes and onion sets for another client tomorrow.....
Today I graded a huge brand new shooting range at my buddy's place. He wants me to install a riding trail/ shooting course through the property, it even has a river sized creek on the edge! Pictures of that later. Tractoring is kicking me arse!
This reminds me of you.
FB IMG 1586219687118

Delton

Delton

Honda Fanboy
Vendor
Lifetime Member
Club Contributor
Jan 6, 2016
Middle TN
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Big positives for me is spending tons more time with the kids (all 6 of em lol). Plus I'm getting a ton of work done around the house. Last 2 days spent cleaning fence rows.
20200406 173042
20200406 150505

Also had time to fill in large deep hole in back pasture with rocks. Good way to break a horses leg or a kid trap. Me and my Yammy made quick work of it.
20200404 161345
20200404 161353

Best by far is the kiddos. We go for ride in sxs pretty much every evening.

J

JTMako

Nov 21, 2017
NC
Ownership

1. 700-4
You're not kidding about Lowe's and Home Depot being busy - the two small hardware stores and a building supply business here have been booming. I drive around and see people outside in their yards everywhere, working on their property. I love it.

This week I started building the shed I've been procrastinating. I build furniture here and there and have acquired so much wood that it's taking up shop space. Moving it out to this shed along with mowers and wood chipper.

Have steadily been knocking out the to-do list stuff that I never feel like getting to normally. It's like a weight has been lifted once you get it done.
20200411 193525

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!