Supporting Member
Sep 7, 2021
Michigan
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5

3. Talon R LV
Yes, but note the lead time.

I just posted in this thread about getting it from oreillyauto.com for $~47 shipped. Got it 2 days after I ordered it. See that post for info on the relay, as the one they sent was made in Mexico and supposedly rated to 85A. It does NOT have that UL sticker on it like the one I ordered from Amazon for the P1K5 two years ago.

TxDoc

TxDoc

Lifetime Member
May 19, 2019
TEXAS 🇨🇱
photos.app.goo.gl
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I can't see a difference, this alternative is still a Cole Hersee brand and a 24117 model and rated at 85 amps, but is 30% off at a cost of $35. And says Prime delivery

Cole Hersee 24117 Red 12V Continuous Duty SPST Solenoid

*I didn't get delivery on several items that were eligible for prime delivery, as expected. Amazon said... it will be delivered on prime delivery schedule, BUT THE SELLER MAY NOT SHIP IMMEDIATELY, SO YOU MAY EXPECT A TWO DAY DELIVERY AND RECEIVE THE ITEM IN A WEEK.
Not saying that's the case here, just Caveat Emptor.

Sent from my moto z4 using Tapatalk

Last edited:
Reactions: Robobrainiac
ODAMO

ODAMO

Oct 12, 2018
Ohio
Ownership

1. 1000-3
Yes, but note the lead time.

I just posted in this thread about getting it from oreillyauto.com for $~47 shipped. Got it 2 days after I ordered it. See that post for info on the relay, as the one they sent was made in Mexico and supposedly rated to 85A. It does NOT have that UL sticker on it like the one I ordered from Amazon for the P1K5 two years ago.
I never thought I'd say this but made in mexico is better than made in china. Or at least not supporting china.

Scoop

Scoop

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Sep 7, 2021
Michigan
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5

3. Talon R LV
I can't see a difference, this alternative is still a Cole Hersee brand and a 24117 model and rated at 85 amps, but is 30% off at a cost of $35. And says Prime delivery
It may be the same model number, but this one is different from the one I received ~2 years ago, as it does NOT have the UL listing on the item (nor did the one I received from O'Reilly Auto last week). This one is made in Mexico too, whereas the one I ordered ~2 years ago was made in the US and it is rated as 65A, not 85A like the Mexican one. This may be how they get around selling it without the UL listing. Perhaps Littlefuse (they own the Cole Hersee brand) moved production to Mexico within the last ~2 years.

Here is the Amazon product page for the one I got two years ago. It clearly indicates made in US and the picture shows that it has the UL lisitng.

Finally, the other difference is you can get the one I suggested delivered in 2 days, whereas the one you listed indicates a ship date of 'Usually ships within 2 to 3 weeks'. So it's not in stock, nor do you know when it WILL ship. Could be much longer. If you can wait until whenever they ship it, yes, you can save the $15.

Last edited:
Reactions: TxDoc
TripleB

TripleB

Lifetime Member
Aug 13, 2018
Caryville, Tennessee
Ownership

1. 1000-3

2. 1000-5
Is this the right one?

Cole Hersee 24117-01-BP 12V Continuous Duty Solenoid (4 Stud Hex Nut 20 Ul)​

Screenshot 20230810 094835 Brave

Almost 100% inflation in 3 years on that part. Things are getting better lol

TxDoc

TxDoc

Lifetime Member
May 19, 2019
TEXAS 🇨🇱
photos.app.goo.gl
Ownership

1. 1000-5
It may be the same model number, but this one is different from the one I received ~2 years ago, as it does NOT have the UL listing on the item. It's made in Mexico, too, and I believe my first one was not, which may be how they get around selling it without the UL listing. Just a guess.

Finally, the other difference is you can get the one I suggested delivered in 2 days, whereas the one you listed indicates a ship date of 'Usually ships within 2 to 3 weeks'. So it's not in stock, nor do you know when it WILL ship. Could be much longer.
Good eye

I didn't see the "usually" ships in 2-3 weeks.

Then, I guess, the prime delivery kicks in.

That's what happened to me with several other items.

I guess, with everything, you have to read the descriptions
like a lawyer.

Reactions: JenElio
Scoop

Scoop

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Sep 7, 2021
Michigan
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5

3. Talon R LV
Almost 100% inflation in 3 years on that part. Things are getting better lol
Yup! I was mildly pissed when it had gone up to $35 back @ the end of 2021. And I had to pay shipping! (seller didn't offer Prime)

TxDoc

TxDoc

Lifetime Member
May 19, 2019
TEXAS 🇨🇱
photos.app.goo.gl
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Biden said BIDENOMINCS IS WORKING!

Inflation is up again, now

I quit believing in polls before the last election. People intentionally lie to them to spite them and their results.

They never show these people that they claim believe Biden is so great
I never met one.

Scoop

Scoop

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Sep 7, 2021
Michigan
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5

3. Talon R LV
Good eye

I didn't see the "usually" ships in 2-3 weeks.

Then, I guess, the prime delivery kicks in.

That's what happened to me with several other items.

I guess, with everything, you have to read the descriptions
like a lawyer.

The O'Reilly Auto site actually offers FREE next day delivery on that item (likely on other items, too). It was a day later for me, as I ordered late in the day and missed their pickup window.

Reactions: TxDoc
Scoop

Scoop

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Sep 7, 2021
Michigan
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5

3. Talon R LV
I bought it even longer ago. And it isn't even being used anymore. I think it is sitting in my junk or giveaway pile.
In all honesty ... the one I just bought ... I'm not even sure I'll install it on the Talon!

Half the reason I bought it was it wasn't available anywhere until I found it and it was in stock! 🤣

Reactions: Smitty335 and TxDoc

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!