GPR1500SC

GPR1500SC

Lifetime Member
Mar 3, 2016
North East MO
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon X LV
https://www.amazon.com/Spectre-Performance-6284-Large-Shift/dp/B00062ZI2W/?tag=sxsweb24-20

i was thinking along these lines, i could use this maybe even put it on the inside of the dash so that you cant really see it.

I like thinking out side of the box, but in this case I would recommend buying Montana's block off plate as it is nicely done.
I thought the rubber would stay better pinched between the dash and the shifter then the aluminum plate.
The Amazon link shows a surface mount boot there is no clearance to mount it on the under side of the dash.

Reactions: JTW and Smitty335
J

JTW

I like thinking out side of the box, but in this case I would recommend buying Montana's block off plate as it is nicely done.
I thought the rubber would stay better pinched between the dash and the shifter then the aluminum plate.
The Amazon link shows a surface mount boot there is no clearance to mount it on the under side of the dash.
I agree.. I looked at doing some different options but his just works so well and looks great!

Reactions: GPR1500SC
M

Montana

Oct 29, 2015
I think the 2017 have the heat issues
Covered for the shifters. I do think this cover will fit but I not think you need it.
Thanks Larry

Reactions: JTW
D

dewitt

Jul 3, 2017
Hattiesburg, Ms
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Larry, I have had 3 or 4 long rides since installing this fix and I am very happy with it. Honda should have thought of this in the design phase. thanks for the your solution, I also plan on having their shield installed to prevent the dash from getting so hot. so both should fully handle the dash heat issue. Yours was money well spent

Reactions: JTW and joeymt33
M

Montana

Oct 29, 2015
Larry, I have had 3 or 4 long rides since installing this fix and I am very happy with it. Honda should have thought of this in the design phase. thanks for the your solution, I also plan on having their shield installed to prevent the dash from getting so hot. so both should fully handle the dash heat issue. Yours was money well spent

M

Montana

Oct 29, 2015
Robert. I recieved you check today
Thanks. Larry

M

Montana

Oct 29, 2015
I have one cover left if anyone is interested

E

Erick

Lifetime Member
Apr 1, 2017
Rochester
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Montanna - I installed your cover and it works very well at reducing the heat coming from the shifter holes. Thanks.

M

Montana

Oct 29, 2015
Erick. Glad you like it
Thanks Larry

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!