BOX1

P1000 Cover for shifter holes

Bobby_BAS

Bobby_BAS

Apr 25, 2017
Stearns, KY
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Following as well. Now that I have a windshield, I realize the crazy amount of heat that comes out through there...

Reactions: sharp
Cecilspears89

Cecilspears89

Jun 3, 2017
Saint augustine, Florida
Ownership

1. 1000-3
X2 on pics. Where is it located?

77253ffa8e7516a826f127da4b5a328a it's a lot of work. Started when I wanted to mount the winch high. I couldn't because The radiator was in the way. So I custom built the front bumper to relocate the radiator and custom built a wench me to put the witch where I wanted it. And I didn't want the fan to blowing in my face so I put it low and cut a hole in my hood that way it blows down at my face. When I did that I had to relocate the battery and all the fuses. I put A brand-new Optima battery under my seat and ran bigger power and ground cables. I cut the hole out in the center of my Dash where everyone is mounting there switch panel. And I built a custom plastic door with a lock that swings down so I can get to my fuses and relays. Well doing this I also lifted the bike 3 inches and custom chopped my cage down 6". Built the roof to perfectly fit the cage. And I was in the process of wiring the stereo up and trying to hide wires when I noticed my bike running bad 92c71e66cff3294464412ccb95eddef3

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Delton

Delton

Honda Fanboy
Vendor
Lifetime Member
Club Contributor
Jan 6, 2016
Middle TN
Ownership

1. 1000-5
View attachment 45572 it's a lot of work. Started when I wanted to mount the winch high. I couldn't because The radiator was in the way. So I custom built the front bumper to relocate the radiator and custom built a wench me to put the witch where I wanted it. And I didn't want the fan to blowing in my face so I put it low and cut a hole in my hood that way it blows down at my face. When I did that I had to relocate the battery and all the fuses. I put A brand-new Optima battery under my seat and ran bigger power and ground cables. I cut the hole out in the center of my Dash where everyone is mounting there switch panel. And I built a custom plastic door with a lock that swings down so I can get to my fuses and relays. Well doing this I also lifted the bike 3 inches and custom chopped my cage down 6". Built the roof to perfectly fit the cage. And I was in the process of wiring the stereo up and trying to hide wires when I noticed my bike running bad View attachment 45573

Oh ok I've seen these pics before. Not my cup of tea but some nice fab work you got there. Very nice. Much better than behind the seat lol

M

misterkit

Jun 30, 2016
ny
Ownership

1. Do not currently own
Shifter holes/radiator heat. Every post so far is related that I've seen. Where did it get off track?

So the thread was discussing a custom plate the OP came up with....then it switched to relocating a radiator and folks asking for info on that. No big deal.

joeymt33

joeymt33

i4WD=imitated 4WD
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Mar 17, 2015
Guntersville, AL
Ownership

1. 1000-3

2. 1000-5
So the thread was discussing a custom plate the OP came up with....then it switched to relocating a radiator and folks asking for info on that. No big deal.

I will encourage people to find other ways to solve a problem other than have a thread just talking about only one way. I'm sure when the OP get all this organized and set up, he will make a dedicated thread for this product only for those who are interested.

CP: I've been saying that since that jack wagon was picking Legos from his turds:)

Delton

Delton

Honda Fanboy
Vendor
Lifetime Member
Club Contributor
Jan 6, 2016
Middle TN
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Yeah that happens alot. If an op is offended it gets stopped though. One great thing about this forum is the amount of ideas that gets generated. I guess it is so commonplace I didn't even realize it. Personally I think it's one of this forums greatest assets.

Amre2me2

Amre2me2

Aug 11, 2016
Colorado
Ownership

1. 1000-3
My SxS is up at our property. I'll try and remember to take some pics next time I'm up there. It was pretty simple though. I cut out a piece of foam about the same shape as shown in Montanas first post. Cut a slot with a sharp knife so the shift lever slides through it. Glue it on the backside of the panel. It stops all the heat. Cost is about .26 cents worth of glue.

Eltobgi

Eltobgi

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Mar 21, 2016
North Dakota
Ownership

1. 500

2. 1000-5
View attachment 45572 it's a lot of work. Started when I wanted to mount the winch high. I couldn't because The radiator was in the way. So I custom built the front bumper to relocate the radiator and custom built a wench me to put the witch where I wanted it. And I didn't want the fan to blowing in my face so I put it low and cut a hole in my hood that way it blows down at my face. When I did that I had to relocate the battery and all the fuses. I put A brand-new Optima battery under my seat and ran bigger power and ground cables. I cut the hole out in the center of my Dash where everyone is mounting there switch panel. And I built a custom plastic door with a lock that swings down so I can get to my fuses and relays. Well doing this I also lifted the bike 3 inches and custom chopped my cage down 6". Built the roof to perfectly fit the cage. And I was in the process of wiring the stereo up and trying to hide wires when I noticed my bike running bad View attachment 45573

Nice work! First time I have seen this picture and this idea using stock radiator! Got into some mud that plugged the radiator and caused me to overheat! Cleaning was next to impossible! I have even went through the trouble in the past to remove the front grill for thorough cleaning! But your mod solves a few problems! ;)

sugarray

sugarray

Is this a game show?
Lifetime Member
Feb 17, 2016
WV
Ownership

1. 1000-5
My SxS is up at our property. I'll try and remember to take some pics next time I'm up there. It was pretty simple though. I cut out a piece of foam about the same shape as shown in Montanas first post. Cut a slot with a sharp knife so the shift lever slides through it. Glue it on the backside of the panel. It stops all the heat. Cost is about .26 cents worth of glue.

Rigid foam or soft foam?

walexa07

walexa07

Lifetime Member
Feb 6, 2016
Louisiana
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I am interested in one when they are available. Great idea. Thanks,

Waylan

Delton

Delton

Honda Fanboy
Vendor
Lifetime Member
Club Contributor
Jan 6, 2016
Middle TN
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I wanna see!

Delton

Delton

Honda Fanboy
Vendor
Lifetime Member
Club Contributor
Jan 6, 2016
Middle TN
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Nice work! First time I have seen this picture and this idea using stock radiator! Got into some mud that plugged the radiator and caused me to overheat! Cleaning was next to impossible! I have even went through the trouble in the past to remove the front grill for thorough cleaning! But your mod solves a few problems! ;)
Where are y'all finding this radiator clogging mud is what I want to know. Seriously. I'd put bull run mud up against anything short of that muskeg they got in AK. And I've never had a mud clog problem. I don't know if I should feel lucky or feel left out lmao.

Reactions: sharp and joeymt33
Delton

Delton

Honda Fanboy
Vendor
Lifetime Member
Club Contributor
Jan 6, 2016
Middle TN
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Where are y'all finding this radiator clogging mud is what I want to know. Seriously. I'd put bull run mud up against anything short of that muskeg they got in AK. And I've never had a mud clog problem. I don't know if I should feel lucky or feel left out lmao.
An old photo but shows I am trying lol
FB IMG 1496676460432 240x135

BOX2
box3

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!