E

elkguide

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Mar 14, 2017
Vermont
Ownership

1. 1000-3
My SxS is up at our property. I'll try and remember to take some pics next time I'm up there. It was pretty simple though. I cut out a piece of foam about the same shape as shown in Montanas first post. Cut a slot with a sharp knife so the shift lever slides through it. Glue it on the backside of the panel. It stops all the heat. Cost is about .26 cents worth of glue.

Hope that you re going up soon. Waiting on pictures.

Reactions: sharp
Delton

Delton

Honda Fanboy
Vendor
Lifetime Member
Club Contributor
Jan 6, 2016
Middle TN
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Must be that you are just going to have to try harder!
Not sure if it shows in photo but behind me looked like a paved mud road. The skid leveled the hole nice and smooth lol. One of the worst I've been in. Been in deeper but not stickier. My old Superwinch couldn't handle it, even using snatch block.

Z

zin01

May 2, 2017
Royse City
Not sure if it shows in photo but behind me looked like a paved mud road. The skid leveled the hole nice and smooth lol. One of the worst I've been in. Been in deeper but not stickier. My old Superwinch couldn't handle it, even using snatch block.

The stuff that clogged up my radiator is like muddy clay. I would ease in till the tires started to hit the mud then hammer down. I would sometimes get muddy water up on the hood. It was just thick enough that it flowed into the radiator and when it started drying wouldn't allow air to flow through.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Delton

Delton

Honda Fanboy
Vendor
Lifetime Member
Club Contributor
Jan 6, 2016
Middle TN
Ownership

1. 1000-5
The stuff that clogged up my radiator is like muddy clay. I would ease in till the tires started to hit the mud then hammer down. I would sometimes get muddy water up on the hood. It was just thick enough that it flowed into the radiator and when it started drying wouldn't allow air to flow through.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
That makes sense. I'm thinking thick when thin is doing it. Still surprised it hasn't been a problem yet as much as I like mud. We have the watery thin type as well. I'm gonna keep a closer eye on that radiator.

Eltobgi

Eltobgi

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Mar 21, 2016
North Dakota
Ownership

1. 500

2. 1000-5
Where are y'all finding this radiator clogging mud is what I want to know. Seriously. I'd put bull run mud up against anything short of that muskeg they got in AK. And I've never had a mud clog problem. I don't know if I should feel lucky or feel left out lmao.

Turtle Mountain Mud in North Dakota is no joke:eek:
IMG 0406
Have a video I will try to upload later

M

Montana

Oct 29, 2015
OK I had 8 People post. And say I want one. I ordered 10 today. Eliminated the slit in the bottom. One can pull the knobe off. I have a $500.00 out lay. looking to make $100 after postage. If you are in as promised I'm Larry Bernard. 2308 6th st NW Great Falls Mt. 59404. 406 799 5794. You need to bend this to fit the dash and buy studs to put in the place of the origional bolt. Tips are accepted. I did this for the good of us all. Thanks Larry

L

LarryAmboy

May 14, 2017
Castalian Springs, Tennessee
Ownership

1. 1000-5
OK I had 8 People post. And say I want one. I ordered 10 today. Eliminated the slit in the bottom. One can pull the knobe off. I have a $500.00 out lay. looking to make $100 after postage. If you are in as promised I'm Larry Bernard. 2308 6th st NW Great Falls Mt. 59404. 406 799 5794. You need to bend this to fit the dash and buy studs to put in the place of the origional bolt. Tips are accepted. I did this for the good of us all. Thanks Larry

Do you have a PayPal account that I can send the funds to? Where can the studs be had?

PM me with the info.

Reactions: sharp and dotman1
M

Montana

Oct 29, 2015
I bought about 6" of threaded rod at Aces. 7 nuts,2 ?like 1/4 washers to screw in where the origional bolts went. Then two metric washers. Small in diameter to barely shadow the studs. The nuts are one more than needed. But allow you to double nut to tighten the studs. If you are shy of tools let me know. I can pick them up and preassemble for you. I would like to keep Pay pal out of this. Lots of room for getting hacked

Last edited:
Reactions: sharp and joeymt33
L

LarryAmboy

May 14, 2017
Castalian Springs, Tennessee
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I bought about 6" of threaded rod at Aces. 7 nuts,2 ?like 1/4 washers to screw in where the origional bolts went. Then two metric washers. Small in diameter to barely shadow the studs. The nuts are one more than needed. But allow you to double nut to tighten the studs. If you are shy of tools let me know. I can pick them up and preassemble for you. I would like to keep Pay pal out of this. Lots of room for getting hacked

Send you a check on Friday when I get home, f'in travel...

ghost

ghost

Lifetime Member
Dec 4, 2015
BC
Sounds good.

I'll send an international money order and a filled out customs form for you to use. Then you can just slip it into a padded envelope with the customs form at USPS.

Can you tell me the dimensions of the plate - I need that to fill out the form and determine shipping cost

Delton

Delton

Honda Fanboy
Vendor
Lifetime Member
Club Contributor
Jan 6, 2016
Middle TN
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Ok I suck at math. How much do I need to make money order out for shipped to 37398?

Reactions: sharp and GPR1500SC
M

Montana

Oct 29, 2015
A check for $75 is fine It will cover postage. You do not need to pay for a money order. I think we are all sold with you being -#9. Would all the people that said they wanted a cover send checks and address. I pick the covera up today and will ce shipping Wednesday. Thanks Larry. I posted my phone and address a few days ago

Reactions: sharp and JTW

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!