P1000 Cover for shifter holes

tincangob

tincangob

Nov 30, 2017
Central Wisconsin
Ownership

1. 1000-3
I ordered mine via PayPal last night (easy to do BTW), and it was acknowledged immediately. Montana said via email that he will ship tomorrow. I am looking forward to not having that cold, Wisconsin air blow-in this fall. My doors are all sealed up, and the shifter holes will be blocked, maybe the wife will even venture on on some trails now that the cold and dust problem has been addressed. Life is good, LOL Thank goodness for this forum and all the experience it represents.

TripleB

TripleB

Lifetime Member
Aug 13, 2018
Caryville, Tennessee
Ownership

1. 1000-3

2. 1000-5
For the guys that have used the cover that Montana sells. When you installed the cover did you remove the shift levers or bend the cover so the knobs would come through the openings?

Thanks, Justin
Remove the rubber knobs.

Reactions: Ohio4x4
D

David Mac

Sep 5, 2021
Maine
Ownership

1. 1000-5
This seems to work very well. No holes to drill. I used the existing bolt holes and converted to studs. I will see what more will cost I paid $125.00 with computer time. I think a duplicate will be $75. I do have more rubber I will donate

View attachment 45478 View attachment 45479

This seems to work very well. No holes to drill. I used the existing bolt holes and converted to studs. I will see what more will cost I paid $125.00 with computer time. I think a duplicate will be $75. I do have more rubber I will donate

bumperm

bumperm

May 7, 2021
Gardnerville, NV
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Looks like a good idea! How can I order one? What is the cost? Thanks
Do yourself a favor, and try an loosen those 5mm hex drive bolts first. As with many of mine, they were over torqued to the point of total amazement. I think they withdraw the impact driver while it's still on, as the upper part of the hex if often torqued so it doesn't index with the bottom part. You can tap a new 5mm hex bit in, then use a hammer type impact driver to break it loose if "normal" Herculean methods don't work. Just make sure to keep the bit seated all the way!

One of mine stripped and since it's in a recess, had to use a rotary tool with carbide bit to cut a slot in it, (no room for a small, Dremel type, abrasive wheel to slot it). Finally got it, though I was bordering on the "weld a nut to the dang thing" method. This was on a new machine, corrosion was not a factor.

Reactions: Lady01
D

David Mac

Sep 5, 2021
Maine
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Do yourself a favor, and try an loosen those 5mm hex drive bolts first. As with many of mine, they were over torqued to the point of total amazement. I think they withdraw the impact driver while it's still on, as the upper part of the hex if often torqued so it doesn't index with the bottom part. You can tap a new 5mm hex bit in, then use a hammer type impact driver to break it loose if "normal" Herculean methods don't work. Just make sure to keep the bit seated all the way!

One of mine stripped and since it's in a recess, had to use a rotary tool with carbide bit to cut a slot in it, (no room for a small, Dremel type, abrasive wheel to slot it). Finally got it, though I was bordering on the "weld a nut to the dang thing" method. This was on a new machine, corrosion was not a factor.
Thanks for the tip, I will try loosening them.

Reactions: Lady01
P

Paxpop

Jan 6, 2021
WI
Ownership

1. Do not currently own
I installed these and they work well

Shift Plate

ClayWelder

ClayWelder

Lifetime Member
Nov 4, 2021
Atlanta, GA
Ownership

1. 1000-3

Hey brother, are you selling these as a kit? If so, I would love to get one!! How much? (shut up and take my $$)

Scoop

Scoop

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Sep 7, 2021
Michigan
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5

3. Talon R LV
Hey brother, are you selling these as a kit? If so, I would love to get one!! How much? (shut up and take my $$)
I hope he's still selling them, as I recently sent him the $ via PayPal ... LOL.

Reactions: ClayWelder
R

riverjetter

May 10, 2021
Montana
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Just wondering. ClayWelders post asked if these are a "kit". Is Montana now making two piece kits? Last i heard Montana's cover plate is a one piece plate that covers both shift holes using the factory holes for mounting. The two plate cover kit is made by someone else. Am I correct?

Scoop

Scoop

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Sep 7, 2021
Michigan
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5

3. Talon R LV
Just wondering. ClayWelders post asked if these are a "kit". Is Montana now making two piece kits? Last i heard Montana's cover plate is a one piece plate that covers both shift holes using the factory holes for mounting. The two plate cover kit is made by someone else. Am I correct?
I must have mixed up RAD Customs with Montana's one-piece cover. I ordered the two-piece kit.

ClayWelder

ClayWelder

Lifetime Member
Nov 4, 2021
Atlanta, GA
Ownership

1. 1000-3
I hope he's still selling them, as I recently sent him the $ via PayPal ... LOL.

Reactions: Lochsa88

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!