P1000 Cover for shifter holes

B

bridgermgmt

Jul 18, 2021
Tahoe
Ownership

1. Other Brand
I am torn between the two piece and the single. The single has you bend the metal around a propane tank, has a neoprene backer (I think, maybe something else but looks like it), and keeps the oem mounting so no drilling or major modification to the dash. The two piece requires drilling or maybe just self tapping screw?

I like the look of the two piece, as it seems more OEM looking. That being said, I always prefer to "mod" things so I can undo later if I choose. Also, I have a warranty and the last thing I need is someone trying to take something off and having no clue why its there then telling me my warranty is void for some reason.

I think both kits look stellar. But I also really like the idea where users have taken glow in the dark tape and put it behind the 1 plate version to illuminate the shifter locations. They also powder coat to match the dash. I don't think you can go wrong with either. But for me its a pretty hard choice lol.

Reactions: Scoop
Scoop

Scoop

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Sep 7, 2021
Michigan
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5

3. Talon R LV
The two piece requires drilling or maybe just self tapping screw?
My ~3 week old 2021 P1K5 Deluxe has twice as many holes in it now than it had ~3 weeks ago, some the size of my foot. That's just part of accessorizing.

I like the look of the two piece, as it seems more OEM looking.
That's one of the primary reasons I went with the two-piece.
That being said, I always prefer to "mod" things so I can undo later if I choose. Also, I have a warranty and the last thing I need is someone trying to take something off and having no clue why its there then telling me my warranty is void for some reason.
Don't let the "your warranty will be voided" mess even be a thought. In order for something (that would otherwise be covered) to NOT be covered, whatever modification you made would have to be the DIRECT CAUSE of what went wrong. And drilling a few holes in the dash isn't going to do that.
I think both kits look stellar. But I also really like the idea where users have taken glow in the dark tape and put it behind the 1 plate version to illuminate the shifter locations. They also powder coat to match the dash. I don't think you can go wrong with either. But for me its a pretty hard choice lol.
Both have their pros and cons, but only you can decide what is best for you. ;)

Scoop

Scoop

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Sep 7, 2021
Michigan
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5

3. Talon R LV
I need one what do you need from me too get it
Which one, the two-piece set or the single? The two-piece set from RAD Customs can be ordered online. A link to the site was posted numerous times in the recent past. See post #1253, 1256 or 1259.

B

bridgermgmt

Jul 18, 2021
Tahoe
Ownership

1. Other Brand
My ~3 week old 2021 P1K5 Deluxe has twice as many holes in it now than it had ~3 weeks ago, some the size of my foot. That's just part of accessorizing.

That's one of the primary reasons I went with the two-piece.

Don't let the "your warranty will be voided" mess even be a thought. In order for something (that would otherwise be covered) to NOT be covered, whatever modification you made would have to be the DIRECT CAUSE of what went wrong. And drilling a few holes in the dash isn't going to do that.

Both have their pros and cons, but only you can decide what is best for you. ;)

True that.

They are both just so cool looking..... I was hoping Black Friday would help me make a choice : )

C

Craig2020

May 25, 2021
Windsor NS
This seems to work very well. No holes to drill. I used the existing bolt holes and converted to studs. I will see what more will cost I paid $125.00 with computer time. I think a duplicate will be $75. I do have more rubber I will donate
can I order 1 of these from you? Thanks

M

Mikewarr74

Nov 24, 2021
Illinois
Ownership

1. 1000-3
Which one, the two-piece set or the single? The two-piece set from RAD Customs can be ordered online. A link to the site was posted numerous times in the recent past. See post #1253, 1256 or 1259.
I seen the two piece but the one piece I like better

advertisement
Scoop

Scoop

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Sep 7, 2021
Michigan
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5

3. Talon R LV
I seen the two piece but the one piece I like better
I thought the two-piece looked far more modern and finished. The one-piece looks like it belongs in an old Caterpillar road grader (no offense intended).

M

Montana

Oct 29, 2015
Remove the nobs. Just pull straight out don’t twist

M

Montana

Oct 29, 2015
Plowboy here is a picture of the cover. It’s unpolished work in progress. Thanks

67132A61 C10E 43F7 870D 8D5A7EDDD1E9

M

Montana

Oct 29, 2015
The cover includes gasket and studs to replace existing bolts. No drilling or cutting required. You do need to pull the handles off and push them back on when finished

Plowboy1466

Plowboy1466

Lifetime Member
Feb 11, 2018
Ashland, Ohio
Ownership

1. 1000-3
I already have one and it's awesome. It's the other guys that were asking.

M

Montana

Oct 29, 2015

This is what the cover looks like
The nobs still need to be put back on.

advertisement

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!