P500 Cover for the 500

Rex Herring

Rex Herring

Apr 24, 2015
Dickinson, ND
I have the full storage cover for the 500 and it does stay on well. But, a week ago we had two days of 40+ mph winds with a few 65 mph gusts and it did come off. I was lucky and it caught in my hedges. I put it back on with two 12ft. lashing straps hooked together and gave it a coat of camp dry water proofer. I don't think it'll come off now.

IMG 0543 zpsrypwcvyp

M

Mypioneer

Jan 1, 2015
Arnaudville LA
I have the same cover, mine flaps some but has never come off. Mine is parked under carport but open on both ends.

JACKAL

JACKAL

Ancient Honda fanboi
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Jun 11, 2015
Pioneer, TN
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon X4
I have the full storage cover for the 500 and it does stay on well. But, a week ago we had two days of 40+ mph winds with a few 65 mph gusts and it did come off. I was lucky and it caught in my hedges. I put it back on with two 12ft. lashing straps hooked together and gave it a coat of camp dry water proofer. I don't think it'll come off now.

IMG 0543 zpsrypwcvyp

Looks nice, I hope you are not storing outside for extended periods like that. The reason I say so is that critters like chipmunks & squirrels MAY get up underneath for cold weather shelter and have a day with your wiring. It happened to me on two vehicles so I did the 'Murican thing and eliminated a few dozen squirrels, and put up a storage shed. :p

Wow had to edit that one above, I must have been into some of @jak9922 apple pie shine when I was typing.

Last edited:
Reactions: joeymt33
Rex Herring

Rex Herring

Apr 24, 2015
Dickinson, ND
Looks nice, I hope you are not storing outside for extended periods like that. The reason I say so it critters like chipmunks & squirrels MAY up underneath for cols shelter and have a gay with your wiring. It happened to me on two vehicles so I sis the 'Murican thing and eliminated a few dozen squirrels, and put up a storage shed. :p
I do have it stuffed with bounce dryer sheets and a repellent. Never had issues yet. That was a worry though. Neighbors have done that for several years with theirs and never had trouble.