P700 Cpl problems

H

Hotrod61

Aug 2, 2021
Michigan
Ownership

1. 700-2
Hi group hope you can help out with cpl issues I'm having. First one is won't turn over if setting for cpl days with newer battery. I'm having to jump it and starts fine when doing this. Machine use to only do this in cold weather now doing it all the time. Second issue is jumps outta drive when cruising. Let off throttle and goes back to drive, maybe a cable adjustment needed? Any help or ideas appreciated!!!

Remington

Remington

Deputy Fife POIDH Enforcement Officer
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Jul 24, 2016
Michigan
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon X
Welcome fellow Michigander!
where bouts u located and ride at?

Also congrats on your first post! Almost a year 🥳 as we request of all newbies (yes you are 1st post)
Pics Or It Didnt Happen!

Not sure about ur issue on your P7
I have a P1 & Talon. Im sure the P7 guys will chime in. Just wanted to welcome u and give u the POIDH heads up;)
thought u were asking about your cpl license lol was gonna say, just go sign up for a class! 😂

H

Hotrod61

Aug 2, 2021
Michigan
Ownership

1. 700-2
Welcome fellow Michigander!
where bouts u located and ride at?

Also congrats on your first post! Almost a year 🥳 as we request of all newbies (yes you are 1st post)
Pics Or It Didnt Happen!

Not sure about ur issue on your P7
I have a P1 & Talon. Im sure the P7 guys will chime in. Just wanted to welcome u and give u the POIDH heads up;)
thought u were asking about your cpl license lol was gonna say, just go sign up for a class! 😂
I have a place up in Baldwin and live just north of Hesperia

H

Hotrod61

Aug 2, 2021
Michigan
Ownership

1. 700-2
Getting the Baldwin place setup for campers to rent. Trail system down the road a lil ways.

IMG 20220423 165943379

Glock21user

Glock21user

" Nothing succeeds like excess "
Lifetime Member
Dec 16, 2018
Livingston county, Mi.
Ownership

1. 700-4
We need more details about the machine such as, year, mileage, hours, battery (new or stock), type of service is recieves, what exact steps do you take to check the oil and hot or cold machine etc.
A generic post about well my battery pukes and drive goes away is like saying my plumbing is leaking in my house and only saying you have a house.
I would wager the battery is junk and the oil level is low.
More details will definitely help.
Welcome from 48353.

Remington

Remington

Deputy Fife POIDH Enforcement Officer
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Jul 24, 2016
Michigan
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon X
I have a place up in Baldwin and live just north of Hesperia
Thats great! I have a place in JoBurg bet Gaylord and Lewiston.
i ride those trails often

Reactions: ChadD
Farmer

Farmer

🚜🔨🚛🔧
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Aug 22, 2014
Southern MO
Ownership

1. 700-2
Hi group hope you can help out with cpl issues I'm having. First one is won't turn over if setting for cpl days with newer battery. I'm having to jump it and starts fine when doing this. Machine use to only do this in cold weather now doing it all the time. Second issue is jumps outta drive when cruising. Let off throttle and goes back to drive, maybe a cable adjustment needed? Any help or ideas appreciated!!!

Welcome to the club!!!!

Yeah, with a "newer" battery going dead in a couple days.... it sounds like you have a draw or something is being left on. Maybe not charging?

Jumping in and out of gear definitely sounds like a cable adjustment is needed. With an automotive type torque converter I'd bet your problem is external.......correction...hopefully it's external. Pretty sure the service manual or even other threads here on the forum have the cable adjustment procedure.

Reactions: ChadD
Farmer

Farmer

🚜🔨🚛🔧
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Aug 22, 2014
Southern MO
Ownership

1. 700-2
I'd start with checking the charging system......

Maybe @HondaTech can chime in on the draw and shifting issues.

osobad

osobad

Lifetime Member
Nov 23, 2020
Tampa Bay Florida
Ownership

1. 700-2
Unhook battery and charge it completely. Check voltage after a few days. If below 12 and change its the battery most likely. If voltage good you have a draw somewhere. Oil or linkage on the jumping out of gear probably

Glock21user

Glock21user

" Nothing succeeds like excess "
Lifetime Member
Dec 16, 2018
Livingston county, Mi.
Ownership

1. 700-4
It doesn't sound like it is jumping in and out of gear so to say because of the linkage.
I wager it is oil level related

Dockman

Dockman

Lifetime Member
Jul 5, 2020
Missouri
Ownership

1. 700-2
My transmission was acting up not same as yours. I have an automotive deep cycle battery and found one of the cables was corroded pretty bad. Cleaned it and all is good.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!