P700 Does lifting cause alignment problems?

JoshC

JoshC

Jun 7, 2020
NC
Ownership

1. 700-4
Just as the title states. Like with trucks when you lift them the bottom of the tires go in and the tops go out. Is this the case with our 700P? Never lifted anything before.

CID

CID

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Oct 27, 2019
SE Denver-ish
Ownership

1. Talon R
Remember the environment SxSs live in - they go from 'top out' to full compression in 1/4 of a second; lifting is gentle by comparison.

They also get 'crossed up' regularly.
I ZSgfZNL L

I 4fqvQFp L

Last edited:
Reactions: Backwoods
JoshC

JoshC

Jun 7, 2020
NC
Ownership

1. 700-4
I don’t think I have that much travel as your does lol though I wish. This is my first SXS and just do t want to ruin geometry by doing a small spacer lift.

Alan_Vander

Alan_Vander

Mar 19, 2019
rosepine,la
Ownership

1. 700-4
Yes it does. The front are close to parallel but the tire rod is not quite inline so when you lift itll pull the toe out on the front.
The rear arms are not parallel at all 5 inches of lift and your negative camber a good bit. But manageable with lower adjustable arms. But i would recommend taking camber to 0 with out having top and bottom control arms adjustable that way when it compresses it doesnt push on the rear end or if top adjustable over extend the axle

Sent from my moto z4 using Tapatalk

JoshC

JoshC

Jun 7, 2020
NC
Ownership

1. 700-4
Yes it does. The front are close to parallel but the tire rod is not quite inline so when you lift itll pull the toe out on the front.
The rear arms are not parallel at all 5 inches of lift and your negative camber a good bit. But manageable with lower adjustable arms. But i would recommend taking camber to 0 with out having top and bottom control arms adjustable that way when it compresses it doesnt push on the rear end or if top adjustable over extend the axle

Thanks! I wouldn’t mind a small lift but not at the sacrifice of geometry or travel. Thanks for all the fast replies! First SXS ever and trying to know the do’s and fonts.

Reactions: CID
Alan_Vander

Alan_Vander

Mar 19, 2019
rosepine,la
Ownership

1. 700-4
Thanks! I wouldn’t mind a small lift but not at the sacrifice of geometry or travel. Thanks for all the fast replies! First SXS ever and trying to know the do’s and fonts.
I ran 2.5 lift for yrs now im at 5 inches and because im on portals the rears are very noticeable but bearing for portal output are fairly cheap. And im about to build rear arms. You could go 5 inches up front and just adjust the tire rods no prob. Alot are doing 5 up front 2.5 in rear.

Reactions: Backwoods

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!