Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Jun 11, 2015
Pioneer, TN
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5
This is my first post in this group looking for some guidance.

I hit a rock on driver side. In result, absolutely crushed my bottom A-Arm and cracked my front diff housing/casing only on the driver side. Is it possible to buy a new housing/casing since it’s the only thing that is damaged, as far as the differential, or do I have to buy a completely new Front Differential? I would like to spend less money as possible. Any input would be great if anyone has ever dealt with such. By the way, inside the the differential is fine, only the housing/casing is cracked on one side only. Thank you!

View attachment 280457 View attachment 280458
Closely examine your picture, the bottom left mount bolt hole in frame is shifted noticeably. Couple that with the cracked housing and smashed A-arm you may have tweaked the frame, there are frame stiffener kits because of possibly bending the frame in competition. Just something to check out and consider. Good luck with the repairs.

PaulF

PaulF

/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\
Lifetime Member
Jul 1, 2019
Utah
Ownership

1. Talon R
My thoughts as well!

Reactions: Buggyman and Rick53
TracyJ

TracyJ

Apr 14, 2021
United States
Ownership

1. Talon X
It’s been long overdue but I finally got the Talon back to health! In all, replaced Upper & Lower A-Arms, Axle, Front Differential Casing, Fabricated and Welded 1 Custom A-Arm Mounting Bracket. Feels like forever but I had other things come in the way of focusing on fixing my SxS. Here are some photos, hopefully you all can see the fabrication decent. Parts purchased were from SuperATV & Partzilla. Total including parts and repair plus maintenance labor was around a smidge over $1k. @JeremieBaker

0AE62206 837E 4C63 9527 7FEF74BC0457 6AC8B417 8097 4227 856E 4F8DB2FBD0E5 CD579465 B756 45ED A4F7 C81FBE62138C 0A8F5D8D 9E62 42B1 A942 F29FF50A69AA

Last edited:
SLOWPOKE693

SLOWPOKE693

Supporting Member
Mar 10, 2020
Somewhere in Texas
Ownership

1. Talon R
Once I get my shop set up at the new house I'd like to make these for our Talons. I have all the tooling to build them I just need to find a straight front clip to build a jig from.

Anybody have a wrecked frame with a good front clip they want to part with?

Screenshot 20220605 094242 Samsung Internet

H

HondaTech

Once I get my shop set up at the new house I'd like to make these for our Talons. I have all the tooling to build them I just need to find a straight front clip to build a jig from.

Anybody have a wrecked frame with a good front clip they want to part with?

View attachment 337420

We sold a new 4 and 2 seat frame to a local cage guy to build cages off of. I wonder if he could hack the front off.

The frame i hacked the side off of for CumminsPusher was hit in the front i believe or I'd give it away.

Last edited:
SLOWPOKE693

SLOWPOKE693

Supporting Member
Mar 10, 2020
Somewhere in Texas
Ownership

1. Talon R
We sold a new 4 and 2 seat frame to a local cage guy to build cages off of. I wonder if he could hack the front off.

I'd be hesitant to approach someone like that asking to buy a front clip. If he hasn't thought about doing what I want to do already, he sure will after I talked to him. 😆

I bet if a certain Honda dealership inquired about one to "fix" a friend's "race car" it may not raise any red flags. 😉

Buying frames to use as jigs seems ass backwards and a waste money to me. If I were to do it I'd offer someone local a heavily discounted cage in exchange for use of their low hour Talon to prototype a cage and then build a jig off the newly built cage.

H

HondaTech

I'd be hesitant to approach someone like that asking to buy a front clip. If he hasn't thought about doing what I want to do already, he sure will after I talked to him. 😆

I bet if a certain Honda dealership inquired about one to "fix" a friend's "race car" it may not raise any red flags. 😉

Buying frames to use as jigs seems ass backwards and a waste money to me. If I were to do it I'd offer someone local a heavily discounted cage in exchange for use of their low hour Talon to prototype a cage and then build a jig off the newly built cage.

We've already "negotiated" a frame from a mix up where we ended up with 2 of them.

The 4 seater frame the cage guy has was a wreck replacement that was mainly damaged on the bottom half.

He picked up a 2 seat frame to experiment on for our racecar.

The 2nd frame was sold to a certain Baja 1000 winning team from out west.

SLOWPOKE693

SLOWPOKE693

Supporting Member
Mar 10, 2020
Somewhere in Texas
Ownership

1. Talon R
We've already "negotiated" a frame from a mix up where we ended up with 2 of them.

The 4 seater frame the cage guy has was a wreck replacement that was mainly damaged on the bottom half.

He picked up a 2 seat frame to experiment on for our racecar.

The 2nd frame was sold to a certain Baja 1000 winning team from out west.
Send a front clip my way and I'll experiment on one for your race car.

Imdored

Imdored

Sep 13, 2021
Michigan
Ownership

1. Talon R
It’s been long overdue but I finally got the Talon back to health! In all, replaced Upper & Lower A-Arms, Axle, Front Differential Casing, Fabricated and Welded 1 Custom A-Arm Mounting Bracket. Feels like forever but I had other things come in the way of focusing on fixing my SxS. Here are some photos, hopefully you all can see the fabrication decent. Parts purchased were from SuperATV & Partzilla. Total including parts and repair plus maintenance labor was around a smidge over $1k. @JeremieBaker

View attachment 336559 View attachment 336560 View attachment 336561 View attachment 336563
Did u just reuse the shims when u changed the diff case? Any other seals needed? I have kind of the same situation going on

Reactions: Smitty335
DRZRon1

DRZRon1

May 11, 2019
PA
Ownership

1. Talon X
I’d replace all the seals, that bearing looks bad?
Manual should indicate shim criteria…

Reactions: Smitty335 and CID

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!