Club Contributor
Oct 14, 2015
Washington/Idaho
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5

3. Talon X LV
28 miles of dirt roads. Check.
OMG the dust. Had a blast thou. Did great. Got a little hot. Need a soft rear panel. Got the Honda roof and two-piece hard coat windshield. Need the soft rear panel.
I will say on that soft panel it helps! We had front window out and partial in on the 1000 this weekend which helped a bunch but I jumped in back it was kinda bad and really cold as it was a early morning cruise. I remembered the window was rolled up so I zipped it down and omg:) most of the dust went away for the front as well as us in the back and we had full control of the heating in the back. Was a really nice cruise! Very good buy for the money.

Reactions: dotman1
CumminsPusher

CumminsPusher

Just a Honda doing Honda things.
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Oct 14, 2015
Washington/Idaho
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5

3. Talon X LV
Did you adjust that yourself or take it back to the Dealer and have them do it....and if the Dealer did it, did they do it for free? I'm thinking of talking to my dealer because there has to be an issue with it, as half my front drivers tires is smooth as a babies butt. The front passenger tire is wearing even across the tire. Is this something Honda will help with, since it didn't come correctly aligned from the factory?
If you really complain they will do it. Just say it has felt unsafe at speed from the get go. It's really easy to measure across and do yourself. Should check every couple rides if in heavy stuff much.

Reactions: PineTree
CumminsPusher

CumminsPusher

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Oct 14, 2015
Washington/Idaho
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5

3. Talon X LV
Post 29 in "front alignment" I explained how we effectively do it with very basic tools. From all I've ever seen this work much better then dealer.

sporttrac4x4

sporttrac4x4

Lifetime Member
Jan 7, 2016
ILL.
Ownership

1. Other Brand
we usually cruise around on the back road between 25-35mph. Its smooth, quiet and you can easily have a conversation. Plus you aren't shaking your drinks up either, which is VERY important for us!! We love cruising in ours. Had it 4 1/2 weeks and have almost 650 miles on it. No issues at all, other than the front tires are half gone already.....
Is your front tires wearing on the inside real bad

P

PineTree

Sep 9, 2015
Andover, IL
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Is your front tires wearing on the inside real bad
Yeah, the inside of the drivers side tire is completely smooth! passenger side is wearing pretty even. I'm going to order some new front tires & then follow @CumminsPusher front alignment post.

Reactions: CumminsPusher
CumminsPusher

CumminsPusher

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Oct 14, 2015
Washington/Idaho
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5

3. Talon X LV
It's a shame that manufacturers don't bother to get them closer but it's not just Honda. Every machine we've ever bought was like that. It's amazing how much better they drive too when straight. It pisses you off

W

willyp

Apr 20, 2016
Stapleton, AL
Did you adjust that yourself or take it back to the Dealer and have them do it....and if the Dealer did it, did they do it for free? I'm thinking of talking to my dealer because there has to be an issue with it, as half my front drivers tires is smooth as a babies butt. The front passenger tire is wearing even across the tire. Is this something Honda will help with, since it didn't come correctly aligned from the factory?

I just did it myself. Its probably not alignment shop perfect but it better than what it was for sure. I just had two pieces of angle iron that I clamped on the tires. Then measured across the front side and back side. I used each side for the adjustment so I had about the same number of threads on the tie rod showing. Plus to keep my steering wheel straight. It made a difference in how it feels. Doesn't feel like its in a bind. Probably about as good as the dealer would do.

MontanaBighorn

MontanaBighorn

May 9, 2016
Billings, MT
CarryGuide.com
Suggestion for rear turn signals use a 3wire to 2wire trailer converter Curt 56146 (24$) so you can use factory taillights, it will allow them to use the brake light as your turn signal just like many cars have. Use a small inline led cob light (5$ a set) as your front.
...please tell me there's a tutorial for this?

CumminsPusher

CumminsPusher

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Oct 14, 2015
Washington/Idaho
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5

3. Talon X LV
For rear taillights pretty easy actually. Use one of the regular turn signal kits. Cut the wire for your factory brake lights either at the tail lights or under the box(green/yellow stripe) where it splits off and run the forward side(coming from vehicle front to "brake" on the the controller. On out side of controller there is "brake/turn left" run that to the left cut taillight wire and "brake/turn right" run that tothe right cut wire. Your turn signal kit has right & left run those to the controller input with same names. Run ground to ground. Positive input goes to accessory under the passenger floorboard to a connector for backup alarm(very easy ask if planning on doing it it in the site under backup light install) cut remaining wires at the box and seal cut wires with black silicon. Done. If you look at the picture you'll see it very clear. On both sides of the controller you 86 "tail" because you didn't tap into those. It looks so much nicer to use your taillights as turn signals they are way way more noticeable and only takes an extra 1/2 hour for under 25$ Pretty trick

advertisement
CumminsPusher

CumminsPusher

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Oct 14, 2015
Washington/Idaho
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5

3. Talon X LV

Tabascojunkie

Tabascojunkie

Lifetime Member
Club Contributor
Jan 25, 2016
SE Louisiana
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Thanks guys. This is why this forum rocks. Plenty of feedback. Stock tires yes going to air them up a bit. Thinking of looking into what to due to make it legal to travel onroad. Not sure about Louisiana.
cant do in LA anymore.... talked with OMV & LSP the regs were rescinded in 2010... rules change every governor. ive ridden on blacktop passing SO deputies and waved but dont think id try a trooper

MontanaBighorn

MontanaBighorn

May 9, 2016
Billings, MT
CarryGuide.com
It looks so much nicer to use your taillights as turn signals they are way way more noticeable and only takes an extra 1/2 hour for under 25$ Pretty trick
Thanks much for all this information. I'll revisit when I'm ready to add turn signals. I'm guessing that a column mounted selector bar is not possible due to the paddle shifters.

Reactions: CumminsPusher
CumminsPusher

CumminsPusher

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Oct 14, 2015
Washington/Idaho
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5

3. Talon X LV
Thanks much for all this information. I'll revisit when I'm ready to add turn signals. I'm guessing that a column mounted selector bar is not possible due to the paddle shifters.
No tried to find something good but negative.

Reactions: MontanaBighorn

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!