P1000 Cruzin speed

whayden2003

whayden2003

Mar 3, 2016
Slaughter,LA
About to go on a gravel rd "excursion". What's a good speed to figure. I know it does 63 with the windshield close and a roof with four passengers flat out,but without going to try tonight what you guys think would be a safe cruising speed say for about 20 miles or so.

Buckrocker

Buckrocker

Jan 5, 2016
Rock, WV
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Depends on the road. The depth of gravel..curves .....I run about 30 to 40. Not too loud and feels safe.

KevinSC

KevinSC

Dec 31, 2015
Depends on the road. The depth of gravel..curves .....I run about 30 to 40. Not too loud and feels safe.
I run from 10 to 60 but stay around 45 myself that's with two adults and two kids, but I also run a lot of roads

CumminsPusher

CumminsPusher

Just a Honda doing Honda things.
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Oct 14, 2015
Washington/Idaho
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5

3. Talon X LV
I haven't seen to many roads 50 wasn't pretty cozy. Gravel I'd agree with kevinsc at 45, they are a little squirmy with 4.

Last edited:
sharp

sharp

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Jan 27, 2016
Tennessee
Ownership

1. 1000-5
About to go on a gravel rd "excursion". What's a good speed to figure. I know it does 63 with the windshield close and a roof with four passengers flat out,but without going to try tonight what you guys think would be a safe cruising speed say for about 20 miles or so.
I depends but I'm sure you will figure it out in the first mile or two

CashMoney

CashMoney

Feb 5, 2016
Reno, NV
www.SRTNV.com
Airing up your tires to closer to the max psi they are rated for makes it drive way better at speed too you don't get as much of the side wall flex if you're still on stock tires.

whayden2003

whayden2003

Mar 3, 2016
Slaughter,LA
Thanks guys. This is why this forum rocks. Plenty of feedback. Stock tires yes going to air them up a bit. Thinking of looking into what to due to make it legal to travel onroad. Not sure about Louisiana.

Reactions: CumminsPusher
H

hondabob

Lifetime Member
May 14, 2013
Prescott Valley, AZ
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-3
I go stupid fast by myself at times. With passengers I always have a huge safety factor and use helmets. Helmets also reduce the noise.

CumminsPusher

CumminsPusher

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Oct 14, 2015
Washington/Idaho
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5

3. Talon X LV
Thanks guys. This is why this forum rocks. Plenty of feedback. Stock tires yes going to air them up a bit. Thinking of looking into what to due to make it legal to travel onroad. Not sure about Louisiana.
Street legal in Idaho is easy...slap a 12 dollar plate on the ass. Suggestion for rear turn signals use a 3wire to 2wire trailer converter Curt 56146 (24$) so you can use factory taillights, it will allow them to use the brake light as your turn signal just like many cars have. Use a small inline led cob light (5$ a set) as your front. It's way cleaner looking. I just hate the look of those cheesy round ones that come in the kit. Takes little more work is all but not much.

Last edited:
advertisement
sharp

sharp

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Jan 27, 2016
Tennessee
Ownership

1. 1000-5
In tennessee you are supposed to have 8 ply tires, blinkers and mirrors and a DOT windshield no too sure about Louisiana

Bubbalel

Bubbalel

Nov 29, 2015
I say 20 to 25 max unless you are being pushed. That's just an hour ride, enjoy your company take your time!!!

P

PineTree

Sep 9, 2015
Andover, IL
Ownership

1. 1000-5
we usually cruise around on the back road between 25-35mph. Its smooth, quiet and you can easily have a conversation. Plus you aren't shaking your drinks up either, which is VERY important for us!! We love cruising in ours. Had it 4 1/2 weeks and have almost 650 miles on it. No issues at all, other than the front tires are half gone already.....

CumminsPusher

CumminsPusher

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Oct 14, 2015
Washington/Idaho
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5

3. Talon X LV
@PineTree thats good mileage in a month. Nice job!

Reactions: PineTree
H

hondabob

Lifetime Member
May 14, 2013
Prescott Valley, AZ
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-3
PineTree you should check the front end tow it may be an inch or more and that would wear out the front tires. Usually the rear tires will wear out first.

P

PineTree

Sep 9, 2015
Andover, IL
Ownership

1. 1000-5
PineTree you should check the front end tow it may be an inch or more and that would wear out the front tires. Usually the rear tires will wear out first.
10-4 I've thought about that, but if they wear out quicker, then I can tell the wife I need new tires. I really want 15" rims and a set of truck mud tires, for as much as we are on the road. That way I have good bite, and they will wear good too. If they just weren't so darn expensive!!

W

willyp

Apr 20, 2016
Stapleton, AL
Yes check that. Mine was out probably over 1". I had put 7 miles on mine and already could see where it was eating the tires up.

H

hondabob

Lifetime Member
May 14, 2013
Prescott Valley, AZ
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-3
Truck tires are too heavy. I have a set of 27" katana mongrels on 14" wheels and you can get them for 12" wheels. Also 10 ply available now.

Reactions: Tflynn
whayden2003

whayden2003

Mar 3, 2016
Slaughter,LA
28 miles of dirt roads. Check.
OMG the dust. Had a blast thou. Did great. Got a little hot. Need a soft rear panel. Got the Honda roof and two-piece hard coat windshield. Need the soft rear panel.

P

PineTree

Sep 9, 2015
Andover, IL
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Yes check that. Mine was out probably over 1". I had put 7 miles on mine and already could see where it was eating the tires up.
Did you adjust that yourself or take it back to the Dealer and have them do it....and if the Dealer did it, did they do it for free? I'm thinking of talking to my dealer because there has to be an issue with it, as half my front drivers tires is smooth as a babies butt. The front passenger tire is wearing even across the tire. Is this something Honda will help with, since it didn't come correctly aligned from the factory?

advertisement

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!