P1000 top speed

0860silverado

Lifetime Member
May 25, 2017
louisiana
Ownership

1. 1000-3
Finally got it out today and had to out run some rain had it over 50mph guess I wasn't running it hard enough anybody seen the long term on one running wot for short periods of time. Or did honda design them to run like that all the time?
The work I do with mine requires me to run WOT for as much as 10 miles at a time. All I do is watch my speedometer and when I approach 66 MPH, I'll ease off the throttle a little so as not to bounce off the rev limiter. Over 10,000 miles on my machine and I haven't had any engine speed related problems. Keep in mind, this engine also powers Honda's Africa Twin motorcycle. 8,000 RPM for this engine is a walk in the park. Some Honda sportbike engines I believe run up to 14,000 rpm!!! (Don't know much about sportbikes though so I may be wrong)

Reactions: TimG
R

rickoshea

Finally got it out today and had to out run some rain had it over 50mph guess I wasn't running it hard enough anybody seen the long term on one running wot for short periods of time. Or did honda design them to run like that all the time?
you're over thinking it.between wot,sport mode and manual,and running flat out with my snow tracks i've had zero issues.i run flat out constantly.check your oil and watch your temp gauge and it'll run fine.

B

Buckslayr

Oct 18, 2019
Nd
Ownership

1. 1000-5
had mine to 64 with windshield

Reactions: TimG
R

Reverseen

Jan 4, 2020
California
Ownership

1. 1000-5
got a new 2020 1000-5 deluxe got 300mile on it and does not run as fast as I would think only been in upper 40s on stock everything. Put new set of tusk terrabite tires stock size on it couple days ago and it has made even worse witch I was planning on that with the heavier tires just seems to be lacking in speed for all the stuff I've read on them compared to others. Am I missing something? Thanks
I have about 250 miles on mine and I have had it to 62 miles an hour in the sand about 8 feet off the waterline good pack, Purchased mine in California so it has smog stuff on it all stock... good luck.

Reactions: TripleB
H

Hondagord

Nov 5, 2018
Ontario Canada
Ownership

1. 1000-5
got a new 2020 1000-5 deluxe got 300mile on it and does not run as fast as I would think only been in upper 40s on stock everything. Put new set of tusk terrabite tires stock size on it couple days ago and it has made even worse witch I was planning on that with the heavier tires just seems to be lacking in speed for all the stuff I've read on them compared to others. Am I missing something? Thanks
Take it out of low range

H

Hondagord

Nov 5, 2018
Ontario Canada
Ownership

1. 1000-5
T
Take it out of low range
All joking aside my 2016 all stock up here in canada with 15,000 km on her will do 110 km/hr with half windshield, no issues with it at all, love the machine and highly recommend it. I do run synthetic oils in everything so maybe that helps or it might still be breaking in. Just my 2 cents.

B

Bigjim

Jun 28, 2019
Canada
Ownership

1. 1000-5
1st thing to check is to see if your throttle will go to the wide open position. Mine stock will hit 68 mph on a good surface road. 65 is usually its normal.

E

Eastwood1000-5Deluxe

Jun 19, 2018
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I've had my 2018 to about 55ish..and still additional throttle..stock everything

Sent from my Pixel 3 XL using Tapatalk
2018 is a good year!! Hit 60 stock all day long on recommended tire pressure?!?!

Boiler363

Boiler363

Dec 25, 2018
Hecker IL
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Mine will hit 67 with same tires as yours, then rev limiter engages.
russknight hadn't thought about it much but I never hit the limiter. Don't get me wrong it was real close but I believe the speedo was only registering like 64 mph maybe..... Im sure all those cheap metric tires vary in actual size too. My are Mud Stars. I kinda felt like with more air in them and a tuner 70 mph is pretty attainable. I just ran out of horstorks lol.

• Haha
Reactions: russknight
advertisement

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!