Cummins Built Not Bought/The Life of Frankie.

Smitty335

Smitty335

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Oct 3, 2016
NWA Arkansas
Ownership

1. 1000-3

2. 1000-5
Lookin great CP ! Really enjoying this thread and watching your progress.
This is going to be a one a kind of a truck. I don't know much about Dodge Diesels, but it seems he's taking the best on the Gen. trucks and rolling them into theirs. This is going to be a mighty fine ride!

TimG

TimG

OLD SKOOL
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Apr 11, 2018
Southern Indiana
Ownership

1. 1000-3

2. Talon R LV
This is going to be a one a kind of a truck. I don't know much about Dodge Diesels, but it seems he's taking the best on the Gen. trucks and rolling them into theirs. This is going to be a mighty fine ride!

All this Cummins talk made me buy one a couple months ago. I've spent a fortune on it already replacing all the suspension components,bearings,brakes,rotors,tires,ujoints,ball joints, alternator,upgraded mopar steering box,XRF steering linkages,Bilstein shocks,new rear bumper and tailgate,ss step bars, ect..... I'm afraid to total everything up I just know my bank account is squealing !!!!! This pic is when I bought it.

Ram 3500 8

CumminsPusher

CumminsPusher

Just a Honda doing Honda things.
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Oct 14, 2015
Washington/Idaho
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5

3. Talon X LV
Trying best I can. I’ve had to buy so much with none of my parts trucks being complete that it didn’t really matter much. I’ve had a few before and always said I’d like to do this or that but never got around to it and just drove the s*** out of them stock.
This has given an opportunity to do those things and put the best of the best from various years under the truck. So far nothing has gone into the rig that I didn’t feel was the best of the years for my needs. Haven’t skimped at all.
Everything is changed, new or rebuilt so far on this truck. Only exception is the axles, they are the type and gear ratio I wanted but haven’t been rebuilt yet. Those I’ll take in hopefully when finished.

CumminsPusher

CumminsPusher

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Oct 14, 2015
Washington/Idaho
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5

3. Talon X LV
All this Cummins talk made me buy one a couple months ago. I've spent a fortune on it already replacing all the suspension components,bearings,brakes,rotors,tires,ujoints,ball joints, alternator,upgraded mopar steering box,XRF steering linkages,Bilstein shocks,new rear bumper and tailgate,ss step bars, ect..... I'm afraid to total everything up I just know my bank account is squealing !!!!! This pic is when I bought it.

View attachment 232050
Sounds about right. You did your homework on a few things! Good looking truck, should be good mechanically for awhile

TimG

TimG

OLD SKOOL
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Apr 11, 2018
Southern Indiana
Ownership

1. 1000-3

2. Talon R LV
Sounds about right. You did your homework on a few things! Good looking truck, should be good mechanically for awhile

Pretty decent shape, 169,000 miles. 2006 Laramie 5.9L 3500 SRW, no emission garb. I bought it sight unseen off interweb after looking unsuccessfully for a while locally. It came from Philly PA. area so it's probably seen plenty of snow and salt. Paint is starting to bubble on bed a little and looks like the truck has been gone over once to repair rust and paint so that will get some attention at a later date. There is only four things keeping me from doing a frame off restoration on it, time,money,patience,lack of knowledge, LOL ! So it's cool to see your progress !

Mopower58

Mopower58

CST is the Best!
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Aug 10, 2017
Crystal Springs,Ms.
Ownership

1. 1000-3
Pretty decent shape, 169,000 miles. 2006 Laramie 5.9L 3500 SRW, no emission garb. I bought it sight unseen off interweb after looking unsuccessfully for a while locally. It came from Philly PA. area so it's probably seen plenty of snow and salt. Paint is starting to bubble on bed a little and looks like the truck has been gone over once to repair rust and paint so that will get some attention at a later date. There is only four things keeping me from doing a frame off restoration on it, time,money,patience,lack of knowledge, LOL ! So it's cool to see your progress !
I like the mega-cab!

Mopower58

Mopower58

CST is the Best!
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Aug 10, 2017
Crystal Springs,Ms.
Ownership

1. 1000-3
Our friends that live in Kentucky have to deal with road salt. If they have to drive in it, first thing they do is go through a car wash.

Smitty335

Smitty335

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Oct 3, 2016
NWA Arkansas
Ownership

1. 1000-3

2. 1000-5

View attachment 232050
IMG 4572
Been looking for two years, it's a 06, 180,000 miles. Pulls the trac hoe like a rag doll. Took it by our mechanic to have a look at it before I bought it, he said, buy it.

TimG

TimG

OLD SKOOL
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Apr 11, 2018
Southern Indiana
Ownership

1. 1000-3

2. Talon R LV
View attachment 232102 Been looking for two years, it's a 06, 180,000 miles. Pulls the trac hoe like a rag doll. Took it by our mechanic to have a look at it before I bought it, he said, buy it.

Good trucks for sure, I am tired of my gassers screaming their guts out pulling anything.

advertisement
CumminsPusher

CumminsPusher

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Oct 14, 2015
Washington/Idaho
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5

3. Talon X LV
Great day today. My intake setup got here today and the custom intake horn will fit perfectly, leaves plenty of space even with the intake plate I chose. Larger intercooler piping all the way and was designed for the larger turbo I chose. Look at that big ol b****. Also has welded bung for boost gauge and propane or methanol injection. (If I chose too lol.)
I will paint these up.
C307CB70 1FDB 4638 A6CA 4C7585F3A368

Last edited:
CumminsPusher

CumminsPusher

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Oct 14, 2015
Washington/Idaho
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5

3. Talon X LV
Best part of today was my junk yard friend called and said he just got a truck in that he was setting aside for me. Ran out and found out it was a manual with a ton of much needed goods. Perfect condition correct equipment, the shift boot with insulator and beauty ring, shift knob, awesome shape peddle pads, glove box emblem, along with a few other things. He had a transfer case shifter boot and shifter knob in great shape set aside as well. Most of that stuff is rare as well as impossible to find in good shape, I owe him big. Also once paperwork comes in for a Chev dually he just towed in he’ll have a really nice set of 6 Alcoa rims for me🤗🤗
Got everything cleaned up and ready for install. Very happy with this treasure trove.
BDC93AAE A41D 44F7 A71B 2F50296E8080

100Acre

100Acre

Samsquinch the Terrible Magic Bean Manipulator
Lifetime Member
Club Contributor
Apr 25, 2017
Idaho
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Best part of today was my junk yard friend called and said he just got a truck in that he was setting aside for me. Ran out and found out it was a manual with a ton of much needed goods. Perfect condition correct equipment, the shift boot with insulator and beauty ring, shift knob, awesome shape peddle pads, glove box emblem, along with a few other things. He had a transfer case shifter boot and shifter knob in great shape set aside as well. Most of that stuff is rare as well as impossible to find in good shape, I owe him big. Also once paperwork comes in for a Chev dually he just towed in he’ll have a really nice set of 6 Alcoa rims for me🤗🤗
Got everything cleaned up and ready for install. Very happy with this treasure trove.
View attachment 232189
Please tell Deputy Danger I said hello...

Lilred500

Lilred500

Keep it on the rubber side
Supporting Member
Jul 9, 2019
Wv
Ownership

1. 500
Well I got mine all back together all new sensor new BorgWarner gov pressure sensor Sonnax transducer Sonnax 3-4 accumulator spring new 3-4 O.D. solonoids it shifts now but hangs a little long for my liking from 2-3 I’m at a loss now bout to burn the damn thing to the ground

advertisement

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!