Cummins Built Not Bought/The Life of Frankie.

CumminsPusher

CumminsPusher

Just a Honda doing Honda things.
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Oct 14, 2015
Washington/Idaho
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5

3. Talon X LV
Gotta matching set of rear buckets and center console. Decided against a rear bench. Definitely more cozy then those stupid side facing foldups in my club cab. Our daughter won’t mind riding back there. Hell I won’t either, maybe I’ll just let daughter drive on those dirt roads while I have a cold one.

3CFB0E9A BAF1 43E5 952D 5988A8B1B47D

Smitty335

Smitty335

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Oct 3, 2016
NWA Arkansas
Ownership

1. 1000-3

2. 1000-5
Gotta matching set of rear buckets and center console. Definitely more cozy then those stupid side facing foldups in the club cab. Our daughter won’t mind riding back there. Hell I won’t either, maybe I’ll just let daughter drive on those dirt roads while I have a cold one.

View attachment 166480
The wizard is at it once again! HA!

CumminsPusher

CumminsPusher

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Oct 14, 2015
Washington/Idaho
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5

3. Talon X LV
Ordered up a couple more things. Now have new carpet, wing windows, front and rear window seals, all 4 door and window seals inner and outer also new seals for side vent windows. Absolutely all weather stripping is new.

6EDB15E7 086C 4CF5 A511 ECC8C8134F4F

Plumber32

Plumber32

Go ride!
Lifetime Member
Club Contributor
Jun 15, 2014
Wisconsin
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Built not bought..... are you building your parts???
I think the title should read " my trucks built by wrenches not chopsticks"!

CumminsPusher

CumminsPusher

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Oct 14, 2015
Washington/Idaho
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5

3. Talon X LV
Built not bought..... are you building your parts???
I think the title should read " my trucks built by wrenches not chopsticks"!
Well anything you build ya gotta buy materials. Come on cowboy:rolleyes:
What the title means is I’m not going to the dealership and choosing color or paying someone else to do the dirty work then choosing wheels or installing fog lights and saying I built it. I will touch and work on every square inch of this truck and install what I want not what manufacture thinks I need based off of the general public.
I don’t get the same satisfaction from buying what’s wanted as building it. You understand what I’m saying from countless hours on your sxs.
Built not bought means making something your own, making something that didn’t exist or turning something into a purpose designed vehicle.
Usually saving a lot of money but s*** still costs. I now figure I’ll be 10k in this build, but it’s exactly what I want and that’s a whole lot cheaper then bought.

advertisement
Plumber32

Plumber32

Go ride!
Lifetime Member
Club Contributor
Jun 15, 2014
Wisconsin
Ownership

1. 1000-5
What the title means is I’m not going to the dealership and choosing color or paying someone else to do the dirty work then choosing wheels or installing fog lights and saying I built it. I will touch and work on every square inch of this truck and install what I want not what manufacture thinks I need based off of the general public.
I don’t get the same satisfaction from buying what’s wanted as building it. You understand what I’m saying from countless hours on your sxs.
Built not bought means making something your own, making something that didn’t exist or turning something into a purpose designed vehicle.
Usually saving a lot of money but s*** still costs. I now figure I’ll be 10k in this build, but it’s exactly what I want and that’s a whole lot cheaper then bought.
Just wondered where the line was? And I figured it would put a burr under your saddle!

100Acre

100Acre

Samsquinch the Terrible Magic Bean Manipulator
Lifetime Member
Club Contributor
Apr 25, 2017
Idaho
Ownership

1. 1000-5
So, you’re replacing the half cab with a crew cab? I wish I had your skills. Of course I’d use them to build a tank or flying human torpedo with space/time travel capabilities

CumminsPusher

CumminsPusher

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Oct 14, 2015
Washington/Idaho
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5

3. Talon X LV
So, you’re replacing the half cab with a crew cab? I wish I had your skills. Of course I’d use them to build a tank or flying human torpedo with space/time travel capabilities
It would be nice to go back in time by one day just once;)

CumminsPusher

CumminsPusher

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Oct 14, 2015
Washington/Idaho
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5

3. Talon X LV
Project might be on hold for a min. Been giving it hell trying to reasonably source 4x4 components and it’s tough. Too many have gone into older other make conversions:mad:
Looking for a 4x4 roller chassis currently.
Damn I wish that wrecked 4x4 I bid on would’ve worked out! Had a guy ready to buy mine too. Can’t be out a truck for too long.

CumminsPusher

CumminsPusher

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Oct 14, 2015
Washington/Idaho
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5

3. Talon X LV
On positive note I’ve figured all the cuts to both cabs and exactly where everything will go. Crew cabs didn’t have a lot of amenities but have figured out how to make the rear have factory looking power windows/locks, three point seat belts, correct direct seat/center console bolting, carpeting into the extra cab, pillar covers and trim, and exact matching door panels as the front.
A lot isn’t exactly buy and install because they quit making the crew cabs in ‘85 and it’s getting updated to ‘93 so it’ll be a lot of designing things that don’t exist on the interior.
I want it to all look year correct with good fit/finish and I think I got everything figured out. Been busy out at the wrecking yards looking at various years of Ram and Ramcharger.

Smitty335

Smitty335

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Oct 3, 2016
NWA Arkansas
Ownership

1. 1000-3

2. 1000-5
Would you PLEASE tell us how you really feel? HA! Satisfaction on!

CumminsPusher

CumminsPusher

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Oct 14, 2015
Washington/Idaho
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5

3. Talon X LV
Would you PLEASE tell us how you really feel? HA! Satisfaction on!
I thought I did...lol. I do like building stuff there’s a lot of reward to it. If I were wealthy I’d still be doing it, would just be easier and on a much larger scale;)

Smitty335

Smitty335

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Oct 3, 2016
NWA Arkansas
Ownership

1. 1000-3

2. 1000-5
I thought I did...lol. I do like building stuff there’s a lot of reward to it. If I were wealthy I’d still be doing it, would just be easier and on a much larger scale;)
Your cool just the way you are, if you were wealthy you would probably lose your appreciation ? HA!

advertisement

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!