Cummins Built Not Bought/The Life of Frankie.

CumminsPusher

CumminsPusher

Just a Honda doing Honda things.
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Oct 14, 2015
Washington/Idaho
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5

3. Talon X LV
Do you think you’ll ever install a gooseneck hitch in it or just stick with bumper pull?
I like the way goose pulls but it’s a giant waist of bed space especially in a long bed. We just don’t need a giant 5ft wheel and to get one that hauls two machines is way out of our price range. Possibly 3 machines before long would be custom.
looking to drop camper in the back and tow trailer is all. Pioneer will be in the bed on occasion as well. With this truck we would need a really substantial trailer before it’d be advantageous to leave the hitch. Never say never but I sure don’t think so

Mopower58

Mopower58

CST is the Best!
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Aug 10, 2017
Crystal Springs,Ms.
Ownership

1. 1000-3
I like the way goose pulls but it’s a giant waist of bed space especially in a long bed. We just don’t need a giant 5ft wheel and to get one that hauls two machines is way out of our price range. Possibly 3 machines before long would be custom.
looking to drop camper in the back and tow trailer is all. Pioneer will be in the bed on occasion as well. With this truck we would need a really substantial trailer before it’d be advantageous to leave the hitch. Never say never but I sure don’t think so
We have the Hide-A-Ball gooseneck hitch on our Ram. When you don't need it you can remove the ball and the bed is smooth. We use it to pull our horsetrailer which doubles as a pinestraw hauler for the wife's nursery. A gooseneck is a lot easier on the truck when it has a load on it, and extremely easy to pull. The truck looks good, it needs some fold out mirrors just so the furd and gum guys will have something to b**** about!:D

CumminsPusher

CumminsPusher

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Oct 14, 2015
Washington/Idaho
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5

3. Talon X LV
We have the Hide-A-Ball gooseneck hitch on our Ram. When you don't need it you can remove the ball and the bed is smooth. We use it to pull our horsetrailer which doubles as a pinestraw hauler for the wife's nursery. A gooseneck is a lot easier on the truck when it has a load on it, and extremely easy to pull. The truck looks good, it needs some fold out mirrors just so the furd and gum guys will have something to b**** about!:D
I can’t find drop out mirrors. Being a dually they’d be nice. Did find slip on extensions for factory set. I’ll see how bad it is first, might just do cameras.
I know gooseneck has some advantages for different situations but just totally unnecessary for us and not direction we’re going was what I meant. Wouldn’t have worked so hard for a long bed truck had that been the case.

Mopower58

Mopower58

CST is the Best!
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Aug 10, 2017
Crystal Springs,Ms.
Ownership

1. 1000-3
I can’t find drop out mirrors. Being a dually they’d be nice. Did find slip on extensions for factory set. I’ll see how bad it is first, might just do cameras.
I know gooseneck has some advantages for different situations but just totally unnecessary for us and not direction we’re going was what I meant. Wouldn’t have worked so hard for a long bed truck had that been the case.
My 3/4 ton and dually had the fold out mirrors. They worked unbelievably well. They would be excellent for the dually.

CumminsPusher

CumminsPusher

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Oct 14, 2015
Washington/Idaho
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5

3. Talon X LV
My 3/4 ton and dually had the fold out mirrors. They worked unbelievably well. They would be excellent for the dually.
Ya there’s just nothing I see out there that wouldn’t take fabrication, newer trucks mount where wing window on mine goes. Not saying not possible but lots of work and end product wouldn’t look right at all to the truck.

Ooph!

A6DB72F5 149E 4560 B97F 8A67B33BFEBA

if you remember those lame multi bar setups they use to use, that’s about the only viable option. NOT putting those on the truck.

Mopower58

Mopower58

CST is the Best!
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Aug 10, 2017
Crystal Springs,Ms.
Ownership

1. 1000-3
Ya there’s just nothing I see out there that wouldn’t take fabrication, newer trucks mount where wing window on mine goes. Not saying not possible but lots of work and end product wouldn’t look right at all to the truck.

Ooph!

View attachment 263855

if you remember those lame multi bar setups they use to use, that’s about the only viable option. NOT putting those on the truck.
I don't blame you, those were bad on the center part of the door, especially if they hit something or were hit.

100Acre

100Acre

Samsquinch the Terrible Magic Bean Manipulator
Lifetime Member
Club Contributor
Apr 25, 2017
Idaho
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I’ll be storing my 22’ tilt trailer at Chris’ once I’m fully moved there. You’re more than welcome to use it as needed.

CumminsPusher

CumminsPusher

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Oct 14, 2015
Washington/Idaho
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5

3. Talon X LV
Well f*** me running. Figured this’d go in this thread. Got our new camping home away from home. The size I wanted all along, glad we waited.
Borrowed truck, can’t believe people trust me lol
B670DAD6 BD7E 4C50 A22A 78C54A6DFDAF

Last edited:
advertisement
advertisement

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!