Supporting Member
Oct 3, 2016
NWA Arkansas
Ownership

1. 1000-3

2. 1000-5
ef546e291bf8d697aa030f5c2f2a4e65.jpg
f42817a9d42389a691061b814cb79cc5.jpg

So I didn't like where the flimsy mounts were for a rear bumper and any rear bumper I've seen only mounts right below the box. I thought to myself " boy it would really £¥€<!^g suck if I back into something and smash that exhaust!

I added in some square tubing and reinforced the frame. At the end I welded nuts for the bumper mount. I also added some straps to reinforce the hitch so when I'm hauling way more than I should, something else will have to give

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
You STILL running stock skids?

Cuoutdoors

Cuoutdoors

Executive Member
Lifetime Member
Sep 12, 2016
Central Iowa
Ownership

1. 1000-3
Yea what do you recommend is the best set for the money? I've also considered building a set. I'd appreciate any insight from folks.

GlockMeister

GlockMeister

The Bearded Wonder
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
May 11, 2016
Greenville, Mo
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Yea what do you recommend is the best set for the money? I've also considered building a set. I'd appreciate any insight from folks.

Some like uhmw some like aluminum. I will have a combination of both when I'm done. I think you can get the rival and s&s for around 700-750. Several are running trail armor and have had good luck.

CumminsPusher

CumminsPusher

Just a Honda doing Honda things.
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Oct 14, 2015
Washington/Idaho
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5

3. Talon X LV

Personally I like plastic as it slides over things better especially snow. Some like alum better I'd say either depending on your preference. For the money they can be built reasonable with a little time invested. I'm running sss because they had less holes underneath

Cuoutdoors

Cuoutdoors

Executive Member
Lifetime Member
Sep 12, 2016
Central Iowa
Ownership

1. 1000-3
26f2d4e3a7245d83f1dd93995fa30cf7

When I was building this over the winter I added a secondary battery. It is tied to the main battery and provides faster starts. I have all my accessories on a continuous duty solenoid that triggers from the ignition. I did this so that I knew if the key was out/off nothing could be left on. (I don't want to walk off headed to my tree stand only to look back and realize the lights got bumped on and I didn't know)

The problem now is if I want to sit with the radio on and engine off my hour meter is running. I may use a master power switch to operate the solenoid.

Cuoutdoors

Cuoutdoors

Executive Member
Lifetime Member
Sep 12, 2016
Central Iowa
Ownership

1. 1000-3
How you like the Warn Winch? I'm having one installed at the dealership... (and dual battery iso)

Well, like being a Honda guy I'm also a Warn guy, so I'm maybe a little biased. I've been using them for 15+ years and can't say as I have any complaints. I use them raising my plow and have put them through their paces in the woods with no issues. I really like the xt lineup that comes with the rope.

CumminsPusher

CumminsPusher

Just a Honda doing Honda things.
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Oct 14, 2015
Washington/Idaho
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5

3. Talon X LV
Well, like being a Honda guy I'm also a Warn guy, so I'm maybe a little biased. I've been using them for 15+ years and can't say as I have any complaints. I use them raising my plow and have put them through their paces in the woods with no issues. I really like the xt lineup that comes with the rope.

Right there with ya.

E

elkguide

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Mar 14, 2017
Vermont
Ownership

1. 1000-3

No bias here. I just like Warn better than any other winch so that's what I use.

Cuoutdoors

Cuoutdoors

Executive Member
Lifetime Member
Sep 12, 2016
Central Iowa
Ownership

1. 1000-3
Dont temp CP he'l drive there. As would I for the bumper. If you wanna make some quick cash, fab some and sell hem here. These guys would eat them up

You're welcome here anytime. If guys seriously want one I could build a few. I'd powder coat and ship. What's a reasonable price?

Cuoutdoors

Cuoutdoors

Executive Member
Lifetime Member
Sep 12, 2016
Central Iowa
Ownership

1. 1000-3
Saw this thread title pop back up and thought you did something cool with the LE... shame on me. You are in the “old mans club” now.

Uh hellooooo I put a window and roof on the LE!

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

Tigermark

Tigermark

Outside looking in.
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Saw this thread title pop back up and thought you did something cool with the LE... shame on me. You are in the “old mans club” now.

Yeah, those LE drivers are too busy sitting on the porch talking about the i4wd system to do any mods on the machine ;)

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!