Cuoutdoors

Cuoutdoors

Executive Member
Lifetime Member
Sep 12, 2016
Central Iowa
Ownership

1. 1000-3
I bought my P1000-3 EPS as a pretty stock machine. I like to build my own stuff and it sure is a great platform to start from.

1st: BUMPERS! I don't have much of an affinity for picking up sticks, moving branches, trees, etc. If I can run it over or push it you probably won't see me out of my seat. Really fire and lack of oxygen are the main drivers for a quick exit. The rest can be settled through tactical application of the gas pedal and well executed maneuvers....at least I hope. So the bumpers are pretty stout.
Front: tied into roll bar and has 12 ga expanded steel
Rear: I welded some support into the lower

2nd: Lights! A whole $H!T load of lights. When the need arises I like to have plenty of light. I put a 52" curved light bar on front with 2 small LED's on the front bumper. 2 LED's on the back of the cab with one flood pointed into the box and one spot pointed back for distance/reverse lighting. I also have one one the back bumper for backing up.

3rd: 6061 Aluminum roof. Custom made. I also added an X brace into the top of the roll cage and V brace on the back. I decided to weld tabs for the light and did these at the same time, then took it in for new powder coat. I love the x brace and roof. I can sand on it and hang a ladder stand. :)

4th: 4000lb WARN winch with wireless remote.

5th: Marine stereo with Bluetooth and 2 boss speakers.

6th: I added a marine bilge fan below the seat. I have a simple vent coming out in the center. When its hot the fan blows the hot air back. When its cold I reverse the fan to blow hot air off the motor into the seating area. It actually works surprisingly well.

7th: I added 15" wheels and a set of light truck tires made by Cooper. They are an offroad tread and so far i'm really happy. They've only been on a few days but I can get everywhere I "need" to go. I don't do a lot of real deep mud. They also ride extremely smooth down the highways and gravel roads.

Cuoutdoors

Cuoutdoors

Executive Member
Lifetime Member
Sep 12, 2016
Central Iowa
Ownership

1. 1000-3
Dd41181ce08568338ac848dd4180e59c25e4860828394dcd43fe123b2f7e54e0

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

CumminsPusher

CumminsPusher

Just a Honda doing Honda things.
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Oct 14, 2015
Washington/Idaho
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5

3. Talon X LV
01703158fff80fc39b8ea651075a9032A1d907cfff50cd1cdad043a86a2d4e862e3db9ab7d5a4258f9cdef30239757ca

I absolutely love that from bumper especially! Very nice job!! Had planned to add upper braces to the ROPS from the bumper but never got there. You did that in spectacular form. Nice build and pics

Cuoutdoors

Cuoutdoors

Executive Member
Lifetime Member
Sep 12, 2016
Central Iowa
Ownership

1. 1000-3
I absolutely love that from bumper especially! Very nice job!! Had planned to add upper braces to the ROPS from the bumper but never got there. You did that in spectacular form. Nice build and pics

Thanks! I meant to point out that I used the factory bumper as well. I cut half the initial tube off, put in a sleeve and started my new pipe headed out and up to the ROPS. It's all one piece and took a fair amount of head scratching to get it all to line up right.

CumminsPusher

CumminsPusher

Just a Honda doing Honda things.
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Oct 14, 2015
Washington/Idaho
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5

3. Talon X LV
Thanks! I meant to point out that I used the factory bumper as well. I cut half the initial tube off, put in a sleeve and started my new pipe headed out and up to the ROPS. It's all one piece and took a fair amount of head scratching to get it all to line up right.

Ya I saw that. I was thinking about a bolt in piece to the stocker to the ROPS but I really like your setup. We keep folding in the front fenders and I think this setup would help. Plus it really strengthens up the nose.
Your bumper is by far my favorite I've seen,built or bought it's not just added weight or looks it's super functional. Nice job!

Cuoutdoors

Cuoutdoors

Executive Member
Lifetime Member
Sep 12, 2016
Central Iowa
Ownership

1. 1000-3
Ya I saw that. I was thinking about a bolt in piece to the stocker to the ROPS but I really like your setup. We keep folding in the front fenders and I think this setup would help. Plus it really strengthens up the nose.
Your bumper is by far my favorite I've seen,built or bought it's not just added weight or looks it's super functional. Nice job!

Thanks. I'd help you build one if you weren't so damn far away! If you're in Iowa we can do it in a day.

Cuoutdoors

Cuoutdoors

Executive Member
Lifetime Member
Sep 12, 2016
Central Iowa
Ownership

1. 1000-3
Ef546e291bf8d697aa030f5c2f2a4e65F42817a9d42389a691061b814cb79cc5

So I didn't like where the flimsy mounts were for a rear bumper and any rear bumper I've seen only mounts right below the box. I thought to myself " boy it would really £¥€<!^g suck if I back into something and smash that exhaust!

I added in some square tubing and reinforced the frame. At the end I welded nuts for the bumper mount. I also added some straps to reinforce the hitch so when I'm hauling way more than I should, something else will have to give

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!