ohanacreek

ohanacreek

My EcoBoost has I4WD
Lifetime Member
Jul 25, 2013
Shelby County, Alabama
Ownership

1. 1000-5
All good, I replaced the toy hauler today so I was somewhat distracted. Probably could have worded it better.

Hondasxs

Hondasxs

Club Founder
Staff member
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Feb 13, 2013
Charlotte, NC
HondaSxS.com
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon R
ohanacreek,
Does you volt gauge fog up any? Mine seems to do this a lot now since it got cold. Any ideas to stop it?

ohanacreek

ohanacreek

My EcoBoost has I4WD
Lifetime Member
Jul 25, 2013
Shelby County, Alabama
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Shouldn't fog at all it is a sealed marine gauge, if it's fogging something is wrong with the gauge.

Hondasxs

Hondasxs

Club Founder
Staff member
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Feb 13, 2013
Charlotte, NC
HondaSxS.com
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon R
k, I'll have to take a closer look at it when it happens again.

R

rooster

Dec 18, 2013
hey guys, got my switchplate and looking over what I'm going to need. where did everyone get their volt meter. what was cost? where did you grab the wire off the ignition, for power for things you only want powered when switch is on.

spifyd

spifyd

Lifetime Member
Jan 2, 2014
newhampshire
Yes te volt eter uses a small amout of current. I used the acc plug in power to turn on a relay that powers up the whole switch plate.i bought the volt meter on ebay. Cheep, 12 bucks or so.

ohanacreek

ohanacreek

My EcoBoost has I4WD
Lifetime Member
Jul 25, 2013
Shelby County, Alabama
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Voltmeter link is in first post of thread.

Wire off the ignition was from same wire Honda tells you to grab for the Honda panel.
Goes to trigger a 70amp relay that powers all my accessories.

There isn't a wire that has a high enough capacity to power accessories. You will have to add a buss of some sort to provide power.

ohanacreek

ohanacreek

My EcoBoost has I4WD
Lifetime Member
Jul 25, 2013
Shelby County, Alabama
Ownership

1. 1000-5
No longer selling the switch panel but I have a CAD/Visio/PDF of the plate if any of you want to take it to a local plastics shop.
It was too much time and effort for not making any money on it.

2thpir8

Lifetime Member
Sep 9, 2013
NC
Hate to hear that, I knew i should've gotten my order in earlier....is the PDF the same one as is in the post from page 3 of this forum? Your post from Sept 30th?

Hondasxs

Hondasxs

Club Founder
Staff member
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Feb 13, 2013
Charlotte, NC
HondaSxS.com
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon R
ohanacreek said:
No longer selling the switch panel but I have a CAD/Visio/PDF of the plate if any of you want to take it to a local plastics shop.
Thanks for what you have done.
and, I know your pain, I would never even started with these plug kits for a break even price. (sorry guys)
Its more work then one would think!

ohanacreek

ohanacreek

My EcoBoost has I4WD
Lifetime Member
Jul 25, 2013
Shelby County, Alabama
Ownership

1. 1000-5
2thpir8 said:
Hate to hear that, I knew i should've gotten my order in earlier....is the PDF the same one as is in the post from page 3 of this forum? Your post from Sept 30th?

It is.

ohanacreek

ohanacreek

My EcoBoost has I4WD
Lifetime Member
Jul 25, 2013
Shelby County, Alabama
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Hondasxs said:
ohanacreek said:
Thanks for what you have done.
and, I know your pain, I would never even started with these plug kits for a break even price. (sorry guys)
Its more work then one would think!

It is but I'll be glad to answer questions, but between USPS not delivering with any expediency and work just don't have the desire to fool with it anymore.

Jerry3

Jerry3

Lifetime Member
Jul 8, 2013
Arkville, NY
Ohana, just want to say thank you for what you have done with the switch plates.

Zonie

Zonie

Lifetime Member
Oct 20, 2013
Payson & Tempe, AZ
I installed the Carling rocker switches for two domes lights (1 switch) and for a rear light bar. The upper lights on the rockers come on just fine when I turn the lights on. Both switches have a lower light, but I can't figure out which Pin tab on the rocker to connect a hot wire (positive) to so the lower lights illuminate when the dash/head lights are on. I even tried using the hot wire off the 12V plug in just so they would be on anytime the ingition was on. I tried Pin #6, "lower light positive" w/no success. The switch wiring diagram says I can alos jumper #8 (grounded) to #7 but haven't tried that. I'm sure it's something simple, but I was trying to figure this out while a cold rain/wind was blowing through my carport this past weekend. Any suggestions (besides adding a garage)?

Hondasxs

Hondasxs

Club Founder
Staff member
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Feb 13, 2013
Charlotte, NC
HondaSxS.com
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon R
Zonie, what is the model unit of the switch you ordered.
They are fairly hard for a novice. I have shorted 2 units so far. And my clumsy self keeps blowing the light fuse with all the wires. Lol.

Zonie

Zonie

Lifetime Member
Oct 20, 2013
Payson & Tempe, AZ
V1C1J771-1KJ00-000. The same wiring diagram works for V1D1J661-66B-JHHB & J771. Their web site says the lower light is independently wired. Hope I didn't blow it already.

Hondasxs

Hondasxs

Club Founder
Staff member
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Feb 13, 2013
Charlotte, NC
HondaSxS.com
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon R
Yep. Test it.
Put a HOT to 6 and a NEG to 7.
If no bottom light, you blew it like I did.

6 is the HOT from your headlights when lights are ON.
7 and 8 can be jump together then to a ground.
2 is HOT in.
3 is HOT out when rocker is flipped ON.

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!