Custom Switch Panel

Zonie

Zonie

Lifetime Member
Oct 20, 2013
Payson & Tempe, AZ
Sounds good. I'll try that. Thanks. On a related note, I ordered the two pin male connectors from Mouser for these two lights. I'm using the Honda installed sub panel, which has two more connections for the heater and wipers, but which I will use for a front light bar and some other accessory. Those other two connections are 3 and 4 Pin female. Had to make another order w/Mouser. They were very helpful. I also checked out the Facebook posts. Need to post of my own pics.

ohanacreek

ohanacreek

My EcoBoost has I4WD
Lifetime Member
Jul 25, 2013
Shelby County, Alabama
Ownership

1. 1000-5
bigsnowman said:
ohanacreek said:
link is working now.

Thanks for making these again! I just got my Pioneer and now have an awesome switch plate coming! :D

No problem, I originally just did it for me and everyone liked the idea, so I do this on the side because some lawyer somewhere told a Honda engineer that he had to put a 4"x9" warning placard for the litigious zombie stupid people that will sue Honda for their own idiocy, instead of a good location for auxiliary switches. But as I do it on the side and don't make anything off of them, I'm a middle man for free, getting them cut takes time and then I ship them off. As they are expensive to keep a stack of laying around I put them in the cutting queue as they are ordered, sometimes they are behind a big order and its slow and everyone including me was getting frustrated, ALONG WITH USPS being slower than molasses in wintertime.

I really don't mind doing it, people need something and Hondas $300 for the Auxiliary panel to me is too much for circuits for 4 Switches although probably inline with a reasonable profit margin (I spent a bit more than that on parts and pieces to have circuits for 8 switches, buy 7 switches, voltmeter, a water-resistant fuse block, several relays, a couple of hundred feet of color coded wire and wire loom) and I am not making any money off of it. I don't sell this for a living, I have a friend who gives me cost on his time and money, (Its usually 1-5 at a time, I'm sure if there were orders of 50 at a time he would start charging me to make up for lost revenue on actually cutting jobs) so this is me passing on that cost to everyone because stuff in general is expensive anyway. However I have had several people ask for them recently so I am going to start cutting them until frustration sets in again. I know that comes across harshly, I would get frustrated too if I ordered something and it took a week or two to get to me (I get very impatient when i choose free shipping on Amazon!). I am hoping by explaining this that frustrations will be less and everyone will be happier in the end. :D

ohanacreek

ohanacreek

My EcoBoost has I4WD
Lifetime Member
Jul 25, 2013
Shelby County, Alabama
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Also OTRATTW.com is no longer their main page it is OTRATTW.net, don't know why just is.

H

hydrantman

Ordered mine back around the first of the year and waited and had no problem with the wait because after you receive the panel it's well worth the wait. Thanks for mine!

ohanacreek

ohanacreek

My EcoBoost has I4WD
Lifetime Member
Jul 25, 2013
Shelby County, Alabama
Ownership

1. 1000-5
hydrantman said:
Ordered mine back around the first of the year and waited and had no problem with the wait because after you receive the panel it's well worth the wait. Thanks for mine!

Thanks Hydrantman

bigsnowman

bigsnowman

ohanacreek said:
bigsnowman said:
ohanacreek said:
link is working now.

Thanks for making these again! I just got my Pioneer and now have an awesome switch plate coming! :D

No problem, I originally just did it for me and everyone liked the idea, so I do this on the side because some lawyer somewhere told a Honda engineer that he had to put a 4"x9" warning placard for the litigious zombie stupid people that will sue Honda for their own idiocy, instead of a good location for auxiliary switches. But as I do it on the side and don't make anything off of them, I'm a middle man for free, getting them cut takes time and then I ship them off. As they are expensive to keep a stack of laying around I put them in the cutting queue as they are ordered, sometimes they are behind a big order and its slow and everyone including me was getting frustrated, ALONG WITH USPS being slower than molasses in wintertime.

I really don't mind doing it, people need something and Hondas $300 for the Auxiliary panel to me is too much for circuits for 4 Switches although probably inline with a reasonable profit margin (I spent a bit more than that on parts and pieces to have circuits for 8 switches, buy 7 switches, voltmeter, a water-resistant fuse block, several relays, a couple of hundred feet of color coded wire and wire loom) and I am not making any money off of it. I don't sell this for a living, I have a friend who gives me cost on his time and money, (Its usually 1-5 at a time, I'm sure if there were orders of 50 at a time he would start charging me to make up for lost revenue on actually cutting jobs) so this is me passing on that cost to everyone because stuff in general is expensive anyway. However I have had several people ask for them recently so I am going to start cutting them until frustration sets in again. I know that comes across harshly, I would get frustrated too if I ordered something and it took a week or two to get to me (I get very impatient when i choose free shipping on Amazon!). I am hoping by explaining this that frustrations will be less and everyone will be happier in the end. :D

I get the concept of lead time as I'm also self employed and get mixed responses when I'm backed up and have to tell people it's going to be a month before I can get to their log project. I hate to share that with a customer, especially when they are a return customer or a personal referral like most of my business is, but most of the time they appreciate the honesty and it sets them up for realistic expectations.

Thanks also for the updated URL for the switch site.

Thanks again for your willingness to give of your time, and $, so that we can get a superior product at a reasonable price!

ohanacreek

ohanacreek

My EcoBoost has I4WD
Lifetime Member
Jul 25, 2013
Shelby County, Alabama
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Yeah I'm in sales as well, I sell to repeat customers and where sometimes just getting the PO can take a year or two, so it's easy to lose the sale. I feel it's best to set expectations up front.

No problem as long as people still want them I'll cut them and send them off.

ohanacreek

ohanacreek

My EcoBoost has I4WD
Lifetime Member
Jul 25, 2013
Shelby County, Alabama
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Would anyone be interested in a premade base wiring harness to go along with the plate? That provides say 3-5 circuits to the front and 3-5 circuits to the mid/rear? All you would need to do is connect your accessories to the harness.

Would have quick disconnects, relays, connection to the Factory harness, fuse block, and carling style switch connectors.

Price would vary with numbers of circuits.

jimk

jimk

Feb 19, 2014
working with anything electrical like this is way out of my comfort zone. So, I would be interested. What would you charge for that?
Would I be correct in assuming that all I would need to do is cut my dash, bolt in the harness, attach my accessories, and connect to the battery? That's within my skill set. :)

jimk

jimk

Feb 19, 2014
I tried to order last night, but products were not available. I will keep checking back. Thx.

ohanacreek

ohanacreek

My EcoBoost has I4WD
Lifetime Member
Jul 25, 2013
Shelby County, Alabama
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Stereo is extremely time consuming, costly and expensive to ship.

there are abundant dome light options for example.
$12 on Amazon , $4 for a RF dimmer from Amazon

A tablet in a RAM mount is readily available.

App is called "offline map maker" converts any SCALED map to gps map.
Works with Apple devices not sure about android.

Attachments

• ImageUploadedByTapatalk1418096496.256637.jpg
    ImageUploadedByTapatalk1418096496.256637.jpg
    295.9 KB · Views: 281
  • ImageUploadedByTapatalk1418096566.175754.jpg
    ImageUploadedByTapatalk1418096566.175754.jpg
    207.2 KB · Views: 277
  • ImageUploadedByTapatalk1418096639.614464.jpg
    ImageUploadedByTapatalk1418096639.614464.jpg
    190 KB · Views: 286
jimk

jimk

Feb 19, 2014
ordered the switch plate around Christmas. It should be here soon. Ordered switches tonight. I am sure I will reach out to everyone for help when it comes to wire everything together. I am looking forward to a nice winter project.

jimk

jimk

Feb 19, 2014
I think I am ready to build my switch plate. Am I correct in assuming you used 14 ga wire for the switch plate and to most of the accessories and the 10 ga wire went to the back for your sprayer or whatever draws a lot of power?

ohanacreek

ohanacreek

My EcoBoost has I4WD
Lifetime Member
Jul 25, 2013
Shelby County, Alabama
Ownership

1. 1000-5
12ga for all circuits and 10ga if you are not using relays which honestly is easier and with the loads you'll be using fine. The switches are good for 20 amps. I did use a 40 amp relay for the sprayer as it has a 30amp fuse and placed it where my factory battery used to be I ran 12ga to it for the control side and 10ga from the battery buss posts to the sprayer feed through the relay.

21cdf7cf2a7cce245d8f9dfca5368785

Relay is not shown but it is stuck to the side of that big open hole with double side tape. Also have a battery tender connector that is attached to the buss posts.

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!