Custom Switch Panel

jimk

jimk

Feb 19, 2014
It is time to start putting my panel together. Not being an electrician, I am a little nervous about wiring this up without getting someone who is more knowledgeable than I am, to tell me everything looks good. Can someone take a look at my wiring diagram and tell me if I am on the right track, or not? It is a screenshot of the PDF converted from an Excel file. If it doesn't look good let me know. I can email the original.
The layout sheets that came with the DPDT and SPDT switches (with all of the "incoming" and "outgoing") has me a little confused.
I assume the "unused" terminals on the DPDT switch for the winch will be connected to the winch controls. I will take that switch apart last. I only want to tear one thing up at a time.

Thanks in advance everyone.

Jim

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1422217886916.png
    uploadfromtaptalk1422217886916.png
    149.5 KB · Views: 370
jimk

jimk

Feb 19, 2014
Hmmm. That didn't turn out like I hoped. LOL

Attachments

• Fuse panel and switches.pdf
    55.9 KB · Views: 287
ohanacreek

ohanacreek

My EcoBoost has I4WD
Lifetime Member
Jul 25, 2013
Shelby County, Alabama
Ownership

1. 1000-5
The only ground going to the switches should be for the negative for the lights. Incoming accy power should be a feed from fused source. The positive for the lower LED should be to either the accy outlet positive wire(SPDT lower leds will come on with the ignition) or to the positive wire coming from the Headlamp switch, Lower less will come on with the Headlamps. The winch LEDS should be wired with the lower leds.

The upper LED SHOULD be wired internally to the on position of the Rocker(depends on model # of rocker)

The outgoing from the switches will onto your accy + side just ground the neg to the frame somewhere.

The winch outgoing 1 and outgoing 2 should go to either side of your winch contactor, give power to one side it goes in, give power to the other and it spools out.

Clear as mud?

Reactions: Randy85
jimk

jimk

Feb 19, 2014
When you say " the upper led should be wired internally" are you saying that the upper led should get its power by making a jumper from terminal 2, which is labeled "incoming", to terminal 8, which is labeled the positive for the upper light?

The switch layout diagrams from otrattw all have terminal 2 as incoming and terminal 8 as positive for upper light.

ohanacreek

ohanacreek

My EcoBoost has I4WD
Lifetime Member
Jul 25, 2013
Shelby County, Alabama
Ownership

1. 1000-5
The ones I used from them had a upper dependent lower independent led so it was internally connected to the Power from the switch outgoing

IE: the jumper was internal

jimk

jimk

Feb 19, 2014
Gotcha. Thanks a bunch. Once again, I appreciate your help.

G

green02crew

Jan 12, 2015
Can anyone show me which wire is to the headlight switch? Trying to get my voltmeter light hooked up to that. Thanks

G

green02crew

Jan 12, 2015
Really strange thing here, mine was the brown wire. Maybe they made a change or a mistake.

ohanacreek

ohanacreek

My EcoBoost has I4WD
Lifetime Member
Jul 25, 2013
Shelby County, Alabama
Ownership

1. 1000-5
mine is a 2014 maybe they flipped it for 2015 but that is strange.

K

Kyhondarider

Mar 1, 2015
So I've spent the last two hours nearly reading and coming to a full understanding of this post. Thoroughly enjoyed the read as I've been searching for an affordable alternative for a switch plate instead of the single switches I've cut into the same location on my 700-4. I have a good understanding of low voltage being thats what I do for a living. However, I would be interested in purchasing one of your prewired kits as you have already finished all the research and have all the answers to the questions I have on which switches and relays are best. I didn't see the option on your page. Let me know, thanks

ohanacreek

ohanacreek

My EcoBoost has I4WD
Lifetime Member
Jul 25, 2013
Shelby County, Alabama
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Kyhondarider,
We had to stop producing them. Due to the wide array of parts and pieces that were sourced specifically to fit this application. That said it was beyond difficult to keep any quantity in stock as it seemed as though one piece was always on back order and was delaying shipment. We tried reducing our offering to just a 6 circuit version so we did not need to keep so many versions available, but even that proved difficult to maintain good supply chain, so we stopped altogether. Later, I can provide you with a wiring diagram, part numbers where to get them, the wire, and a few pieces if you would like for cost plus shipping.

ohanacreek

ohanacreek

My EcoBoost has I4WD
Lifetime Member
Jul 25, 2013
Shelby County, Alabama
Ownership

1. 1000-5
The Power distribution relay is

Waytekwire.com p/n 46095
You will need parts 31077, 38201, and 38202 to be able to connect power to it.

Also p/n 395 to crimp them.

Try the link below for fuse panels
Http://www.delcity.net/store/Sealed-Mini-Fuse-Panels/p_803796

You will need metri-pack 280 tangles terminals and seals and the same crimper for these as well.

Delcity is helpful as well as Waytek just call them.

K

Kyhondarider

Mar 1, 2015
ohanacreek said:
The Power distribution relay is

Waytekwire.com p/n 46095
You will need parts 31077, 38201, and 38202 to be able to connect power to it.

Also p/n 395 to crimp them.

Try the link below for fuse panels
Http://www.delcity.net/store/Sealed-Mini-Fuse-Panels/p_803796

You will need metri-pack 280 tangles terminals and seals and the same crimper for these as well.

Delcity is helpful as well as Waytek just call them.
I appreciate that info. I will look into this further tomorrow and try to get some stuff ordered. Thanks again

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!