P500 DaBomb windshields

I

Ichybod

Apr 25, 2015
Tucson, Arizona
Ownership

1. 500

2. 1000-3
I was looking on the UTV windshields and accessories website and saw the DaBomb brand windshields. I'm interested in the half windshield, and was wondering if anyone has experience with this brand and what you thought of it.

Thank for any input.

ChuckIII

ChuckIII

Jul 25, 2015
I was looking on the UTV windshields and accessories website and saw the DaBomb brand windshields. I'm interested in the half windshield, and was wondering if anyone has experience with this brand and what you thought of it.

Thank for any input.
I have the full windshield with the tilt. Works and fits awesome!!!

sthomp54

sthomp54

Jun 11, 2015
i have the $125 half one. it fits great, but havent used it much yet, i like the height.

Reactions: Buryit
Buryit

Buryit

Sep 18, 2015
National Forest, NW AR
Not a bad idea on molding and it looks great! Installing one today and fabricating a front brush bumper out of 2x2 tubing to protect winch wires.

I

Ichybod

Apr 25, 2015
Tucson, Arizona
Ownership

1. 500

2. 1000-3
i have the $125 half one. it fits great, but havent used it much yet, i like the height.
I liked the height of it. It seemed that some others were maybe a little shorter.
Does the half windshield interfere at all with getting the hood off?

sthomp54

sthomp54

Jun 11, 2015
You can still get the hood off, its a little tight, just be aware when you are installing it that you leave clearance.

Buryit

Buryit

Sep 18, 2015
National Forest, NW AR
Ups put mine on wrong truck locally but since I raised hell they said they will find it and I can get it before midnight.......I have to have this thing installed tomorrow.

Plumber32

Plumber32

Go ride!
Lifetime Member
Club Contributor
Jun 15, 2014
Wisconsin
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I've got the folding one for my 700, works well for the price. I love the folding part, just really wished it had the hard coat. A fellow rider has a hard coat on his wildcat and we pull into a gas station he can use the squeegee and clean it. Its a very bad idea with this windshield.

Buryit

Buryit

Sep 18, 2015
National Forest, NW AR
Angles where top and middle section meet are bent wrong but got it to work good enough, sending a pic to him this weekend. This is on p500 so maybe it's only an issue with those. Works fine for wind and rain. Will upload a pic soon but just got too dark.

scottp500

scottp500

Jun 24, 2015
Do you guys tow with an open trailer with this windshield? If so how's it holding up? Thanks

B

banpaeng

Oct 26, 2016
Texas
Ownership

1. 500
I am considering buying you Dabomb windshield but have some questions.

Can you still open the hood with the windshield installed?

Will it fit with the Moose Roof?

I do not have a front bumper, what would I tie the windshield to when the windshield is down? Could I still trailer Pioneer with the windshield down?

Does anyone sell this windshield in the Houston area?

B

banpaeng

Oct 26, 2016
Texas
Ownership

1. 500
I bought one and am very happy with it. Have any of you guys used Rain-X on this type of windshield? Did it cause you problems or not?

Thanks.

ChuckIII

ChuckIII

Jul 25, 2015
I have not used rain x yet but keep me posted if it works ...

B

banpaeng

Oct 26, 2016
Texas
Ownership

1. 500
I just got this from the manufacture of the windshield. Still would like personal accounts.

Here is reply from Manufacture:

Yes, Rain-x can be used on the windshield, but more as a polish after the cleaning then as a cleaning product.

thanks

AngeLena

Reactions: Montecresto
TimG

TimG

OLD SKOOL
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Apr 11, 2018
Southern Indiana
Ownership

1. 1000-3

2. Talon R LV
I wouldn't recommend this windshield. It scratches very easy and you are supposed to only clean it with water and a squeegee only. Looking to replace my full folding windshield very soon after 6 months very little use.

DG Rider

DG Rider

Member: Triple Clutch Club
Lifetime Member
Aug 14, 2013
Casa Grande, AZ
Ownership

1. 700-2
I had their 1/2 shield and it was great. Come to think of it, I still have it...

Took a couple of years to get a significant amount of scratches, but any non-coated one will do that eventually. Some polish would make it good as new. No yellowing, even in brutal AZ sun.

@TimG, who told you to use a squeegee? That seems like it would be bad for it.

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!