5. Talon X4
Yeah,
I

I'm done ....with plastic
going glass....
hate buying s*** twice...
but I'll do so....& be done
with the hassle...
I knew you were planning on going with glass. I just thought having posted a thread on the subject of window tint/film that you had already done so, that's why I asked the questions that I did. I like the idea, have used it on glass, but I'm a bit timid to try it on plastic. Edit, just now saw your other posts on this, thanks.

Last edited:
rocmar

rocmar

Where Eagles & Angels....Dare to Fly...
Lifetime Member
Dec 21, 2014
4 CORNERS
Ownership

1. 500
Yeah,

I knew you were planning on going with glass. I just thought having posted a thread on the subject of window tint/film that you had already done so, that's why I asked the questions that I did. I like the idea, have used it on glass, but I'm a bit timid to try it on plastic.
Not expensive. ..
My brother did his
PoPo....1000
said it was worth it
...was a pain in the ass
to work bubbles out
go from center to edges
oil allows it to stay workable

Reactions: Montecresto
rocmar

rocmar

Lifetime Member
Dec 21, 2014
4 CORNERS
Ownership

1. 500
Yeah,

I knew you were planning on going with glass. I just thought having posted a thread on the subject of window tint/film that you had already done so, that's why I asked the questions that I did. I like the idea, have used it on glass, but I'm a bit timid to try it on plastic. Edit, just now saw your other posts on this, thanks.
Glass for it..... $740
Delivered to door....
still rubbing nickels
together....but I'll get
it....

rocmar

rocmar

Lifetime Member
Dec 21, 2014
4 CORNERS
Ownership

1. 500
Yeah,

Some guys do better on
window tint...than others
if this guy don't buy mine...
I'm gonna do it...

Montecresto

Montecresto

Montecresto el segundo
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Jan 17, 2016
Eastern oklahoma
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 500

3. 1000-3

4. 1000-5

5. Talon X4
Glass for it..... $740
Delivered to door....
still rubbing nickels
together....but I'll get
it....
I hear ya dude, I just can't go for that right now. I spent $2,500.00 over the winter accessorising as it is. I'm going to have to wait. I'm also not real pleased with the decreased visibility that the glass windshield has over the plastic. I refer to the wide frame. I'm hoping that one will arrive on the market with a narrower frame by the time I'm ready to make such a purchase, if I even do so. So far, despite the amount of brush and tree limbs that have felt their way across my windshield, I haven't any scratches yet. And, I intend to remove it during the warm season and store it in its original shipping box, wrapped in a thin fleece like small blanket. Perhaps I can get several years out of it that way, even more if I apply the film you've been talking about.

sam3006

sam3006

Dec 28, 2014
Damascus, AR
Ownership

1. 500
I'm still not satisfied with mine. Polishing and putting the tint on helped it a lot, but I still hate it being so scratched up, especially when going into the sun. I have a niece that owns a couple of auto glass shops and she wants to take my plastic Honda windshield and cut out the middle of it, leaving about 4 to 6 inches on the sides and above and below the angle breaks at the top and bottom. She thinks she can then cut a piece of flat windshield glass that will come out to the outside edges and to the angle breaks and attaching it to the old windshield. I've about decided to let her try it, cause I ain't going to lose anything, cause I'm to the point of taking the scratched up one off and chunking it anyway.

rocmar

rocmar

Lifetime Member
Dec 21, 2014
4 CORNERS
Ownership

1. 500
I'm still not satisfied with mine. Polishing and putting the tint on helped it a lot, but I still hate it being so scratched up, especially when going into the sun. I have a niece that owns a couple of auto glass shops and she wants to take my plastic Honda windshield and cut out the middle of it, leaving about 4 to 6 inches on the sides and above and below the angle breaks at the top and bottom. She thinks she can then cut a piece of flat windshield glass that will come out to the outside edges and to the angle breaks and attaching it to the old windshield. I've about decided to let her try it, cause I ain't going to lose anything, cause I'm to the point of taking the scratched up one off and chunking it anyway.

I'd be all over that
...you got nothing to lose
...take some pics

Montecresto

Montecresto

Montecresto el segundo
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Jan 17, 2016
Eastern oklahoma
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 500

3. 1000-3

4. 1000-5

5. Talon X4
I seem to remember you mentioning that before. Do you know what they would be securing glass to plastic with???!!! Would it be to the inside or outside of the plastic? I hope you have this done and post pictures. Do you think she would do others, and if so, would you inquire what the charge may be? Thank you

sam3006

sam3006

Dec 28, 2014
Damascus, AR
Ownership

1. 500
Yeah, I planned on having this done already, but back in February I was sitting in a turning lane of the main highway, about a half a mile from my home, in my truck when a drunk driver, in a F250, came across out of his lane and hit me head on, at 8:00 AM. Knocked my truck 210 feet. Was an hour and half after the crash before they got me cut out. Truck ended up resting on the drivers side and my left leg was pinned under the dash. Ended up with a broken tibia in my left leg and a bunch of broke ribs. Got a plate in my leg and doing physical therapy, so it's going to be a while before the project gets done. Just takes a while for my 61 year old body to get over stuff. I did learn one thing, I thought I'd had broke ribs years ago when a horse kicked me in the side, but now I know that they weren't broke back then. They weren't even bruised bad. When you got broke ribs, you know it. Anyway, like Minnie Pearl used to say," I'm just proud to be here."

I think I was still in the truck in this picture
Truck20crash20 zpsmajlnefv

truck at salvage yard
IMG 2910 zpsu0ujtl6e

IMG 2909 zpsxea7pb47

Reactions: Tramguage1
advertisement
Montecresto

Montecresto

Montecresto el segundo
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Jan 17, 2016
Eastern oklahoma
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 500

3. 1000-3

4. 1000-5

5. Talon X4
Yeah, I planned on having this done already, but back in February I was sitting in a turning lane of the main highway, about a half a mile from my home, in my truck when a drunk driver, in a F250, came across out of his lane and hit me head on, at 8:00 AM. Knocked my truck 210 feet. Was an hour and half after the crash before they got me cut out. Truck ended up resting on the drivers side and my left leg was pinned under the dash. Ended up with a broken tibia in my left leg and a bunch of broke ribs. Got a plate in my leg and doing physical therapy, so it's going to be a while before the project gets done. Just takes a while for my 61 year old body to get over stuff. I did learn one thing, I thought I'd had broke ribs years ago when a horse kicked me in the side, but now I know that they weren't broke back then. They weren't even bruised bad. When you got broke ribs, you know it. Anyway, like Minnie Pearl used to say," I'm just proud to be here."

I think I was still in the truck in this picture
View attachment 14847

truck at salvage yard
View attachment 14848

View attachment 14849
Wow!!!! You're fortunate to be alive. Glad to hear you're recovering. When you get around to it, perhaps you can answer my questions. Thanks

rocmar

rocmar

Lifetime Member
Dec 21, 2014
4 CORNERS
Ownership

1. 500
I seem to remember you mentioning that before. Do you know what they would be securing glass to plastic with???!!! Would it be to the inside or outside of the plastic? I hope you have this done and post pictures. Do you think she would do others, and if so, would you inquire what the charge may be? Thank you

WOW.....DUDE
count your blessing
hang Tough.....

Montecresto

Montecresto

Montecresto el segundo
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Jan 17, 2016
Eastern oklahoma
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 500

3. 1000-3

4. 1000-5

5. Talon X4
WOW.....DUDE
count your blessing
hang Tough.....

Not quite sure what you're trying to tell me there Rocmar?!?!?!?!

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!