P700 Dead Battery

C

Clarky

Lifetime Member
Nov 11, 2013
Tried to start my Pioneer this weekend, but it wouldn't turn over. I have been noticing my voltages haven't been as strong. It's 2 years old. It this the normal lifespan of an ATV battery, or should it last longer? I did just install a soundbar, but it is supposed to not draw any power when off.

swsebek

swsebek

Red,White And Blue Collar Soul
Lifetime Member
May 4, 2014
pa
Ownership

1. 700-4
Should last longer than 2 years,but in cold weather you should have a 2 amp trickle charger on it....My oppinion is honda should put car batterys in these things.Especially all the crap we like to put on them

Reactions: allgm1 and Tflynn
C

Clarky

Lifetime Member
Nov 11, 2013
Should last longer than 2 years,but in cold weather you should have a 2 amp trickle charger on it....My oppinion is honda should put car batterys in these things.Especially all the crap we like to put on them
Was definitely cold here this weekend. Unfortunately, where I store it, there is no electric.

G

GhostComanche

Dec 13, 2015
Was definitely cold here this weekend. Unfortunately, where I store it, there is no electric.
Mine went dead on the new P2 700 within a month of purchase.......................unit would only click when turned the key. Unit sits in a climate controlled shop. Called dealer and they said to bring it in for checking out. I hooked up a 1 amp trickle charger to it and let it sit overnight................no problems since the charging. My conclusion; The battery went very weak while sitting from the time it was built to the time it was delivered to me by the dealer. If it happens again, I will be upgrading the battery on my dime...............JMHO.........................RR

C

Clarky

Lifetime Member
Nov 11, 2013
Quick question. I think I know the answer, but just want to make sure. My charger has 2 settings. I don't remember exactly how it's worded, but something like 1) Maintenance Free, 2) Deep Cycle. What kind of battery is in the Pioneer? I am assuming it's like a regular maintenance free car battery, just smaller. Just wanted to make sure.

I jumped it to get it into my garage. After shutting it off, I checked the battery voltage, and it is showing like 0.1 volts.

swsebek

swsebek

Red,White And Blue Collar Soul
Lifetime Member
May 4, 2014
pa
Ownership

1. 700-4
Quick question. I think I know the answer, but just want to make sure. My charger has 2 settings. I don't remember exactly how it's worded, but something like 1) Maintenance Free, 2) Deep Cycle. What kind of battery is in the Pioneer? I am assuming it's like a regular maintenance free car battery, just smaller. Just wanted to make sure.

I jumped it to get it into my garage. After shutting it off, I checked the battery voltage, and it is showing like 0.1 volts.
Sounds like you need a new battery,charge it for

Its not a deep cycle,its maitenence free.10 amp is a good charge rate.....put it on charger over night,check it tomorrow.it should keep 12volts.if it don't then get a replacement.If it were cold and that battery was dead they will freeze and bite the dust...If you don't use them often you should keep a trickle charger on it,or at least start machine and let run once a week.hope this helps.Sorry no one else chimed in.most of the time they are very informative on here....

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!