Talon Dead pedal removal for added legroom.

S

Sandfreak

Nov 29, 2018
Oregon
Ownership

1. Other Brand
The dead pedal is in a terrible location and wondering if anyone has cut theirs out yet and made a new one farther forward? Having my leg at a 90 degree angle for the 130 mile day trips we do would be miserable.

Reactions: BWAF
BWAF

BWAF

I get paid to pass gas
Lifetime Member
Jan 24, 2018
Carthage MO
Ownership

1. 1000-5
The dead pedal is in a terrible location and wondering if anyone has cut theirs out yet and made a new one farther forward? Having my leg at a 90 degree angle for the 130 mile day trips we do would be miserable.
Dont own one but was looking at one and thought same thing. Bet could just shorten that one alot

Reactions: Plumber32
PaulF

PaulF

/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\
Lifetime Member
Jul 1, 2019
Utah
Ownership

1. Talon R
I looked at "adjusting" my dead pedal a while back. The bottom of the dead pedal is even with the fender well and relocating it was going to be a challenge so I decided to make some mounts and move my seat up and back instead. Look at this thread, mainly this post...

Doesn't Fit :(

S

Sandfreak

Nov 29, 2018
Oregon
Ownership

1. Other Brand
I looked at "adjusting" my dead pedal a while back. The bottom of the dead pedal is even with the fender well and relocating it was going to be a challenge so I decided to make some mounts and move my seat up and back instead. Look at this thread, mainly this post...

Will check out the link. I thought there was some room between the floor and inner fender but hard to tell without tearing apart the floor panels.

Reactions: BWAF and Plumber32
S

Sandfreak

Nov 29, 2018
Oregon
Ownership

1. Other Brand

What about moving the cross bar back also?

PaulF

PaulF

/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\
Lifetime Member
Jul 1, 2019
Utah
Ownership

1. Talon R
Will check out the link. I thought there was some room between the floor and inner fender but hard to tell without tearing apart the floor panels.
There is room at the bottom of the dead pedal but not the top. There is literally a three way intersection where the dead petal meets the inner fender and rock guard.

S

Sandfreak

Nov 29, 2018
Oregon
Ownership

1. Other Brand
Which cross bar are you referring to?
The harness bar.

20190810 180021

PaulF

PaulF

/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\
Lifetime Member
Jul 1, 2019
Utah
Ownership

1. Talon R
There is maybe another inch but then the bar would be against the back plastic and might rattle. Also, the back of the seat towards the lower part is almost against the rear plastic. With some somewhat major tweaking, you could probably get the seat back an additional inch from where mine is now so just around 2 inches back from stock.

I am tearing mine apart this winter to insulate the rear firewall and might look at doing something then. Or at least see what it might take.

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!