• Total voters
popeye

popeye

Lifetime Member
Sep 15, 2016
kapowsin, Wa
Ownership

1. 1000-5
in future year models I realy think that a dual chanmber brake master cylinder should be installed onto all of your sxs. that fact that one wrongly placed stick at high speeds can render all braking ablitity useless seems
outright unacceptable. thanks for a great machine, but hoping that you want to further improve your machines and sales, safety should be your number one concern.

drfubar

drfubar

TheDonFather
Lifetime Member
Club Contributor
Jun 7, 2016
Mary's Ridge (Dayton Mtn), TN
Ownership

1. 1000-3
in future year models I realy think that a dual chanmber brake master cylinder should be installed onto all of your sxs. that fact that one wrongly placed stick at high speeds can render all braking ablitity useless seems
outright unacceptable. thanks for a great machine, but hoping that you want to further improve your machines and sales, safety should be your number one concern.
Slow down;)

Hondasxs

Hondasxs

Club Founder
Staff member
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Feb 13, 2013
Charlotte, NC
HondaSxS.com
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon R
Agree. This should be more for safety then anything.

Sent from my HTC6545LVW using Tapatalk

CumminsPusher

CumminsPusher

Just a Honda doing Honda things.
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Oct 14, 2015
Washington/Idaho
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5

3. Talon X LV
I do agree with you especially since no parking brake either. We wound up getting hidden barb wire wrapped around the front line once and lost everything. The positive is on the 1000 we were still able to ran it the whole weekend using only engine braking only but obviously at a slower pace.

popeye

popeye

Lifetime Member
Sep 15, 2016
kapowsin, Wa
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Yep it needs stainless lines from factory and a cable actuated parking/emergency brake

Even if stainless lines are too expensive, and if there isn’t room for a park brake on the drive lines. A dual chamber master cylinder would allow you to retain either front or rear brakes. They wouldn’t even have to “reengineer” the wheel. Just make a new master cylinder that would bolt in place of the one they currently use

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

popeye

popeye

Lifetime Member
Sep 15, 2016
kapowsin, Wa
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I do agree with you especially since no parking brake either. We wound up getting hidden barb wire wrapped around the front line once and lost everything. The positive is on the 1000 we were still able to ran it the whole weekend using only engine braking only but obviously at a slower pace.

What could of happened if that had been your daughter driving down a steep hill! Would be a shame, that’s what scary letting the wife or kids drive it like it’s an automatic

CumminsPusher

CumminsPusher

Just a Honda doing Honda things.
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Oct 14, 2015
Washington/Idaho
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5

3. Talon X LV
What could of happened if that had been your daughter driving down a steep hill! Would be a shame, that’s what scary letting the wife or kids drive it like it’s an automatic

Well I will say my family knows the machine very well. Even Sam would grab a paddle down or two. BUT there are times when that wouldn’t be enough unless you drove like those special few that the machine sees only 5% of capabilities lol.
I’m not disagreeing with you at all. It should have a secondary, and always surprised me especially as safety oriented as Honda is they didn’t take that into consideration.
There have been plenty of cases of the rig coming with air in the line, my new one included, and what a surprise no brakes can be. Could be deadly.

Remington

Remington

Deputy Fife POIDH Enforcement Officer
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Jul 24, 2016
Michigan
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon X
It just needs the hand pull brake like the 700!
problem fixed!
@drfubar “slow down!” Haha you’ve told me that before.;)

snuffnwhisky

snuffnwhisky

Village Idiot
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Sep 21, 2016
Cullman, AL
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Other Brand
snuffnwhisky

snuffnwhisky

Village Idiot
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Sep 21, 2016
Cullman, AL
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Other Brand
IMG 20180310 171959734

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!