P1000 DEI heat shield.

C

CaseysDaddy

Jul 6, 2018
minnesota
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Yes you would be fine but to get heat out quicker a fan helps.
No offense but I would like to here from some one who actually has installed the DEI heat shield.
tdhanses you stated in one the early posts that you have it but it is not installed. is that correct?

Reactions: GuyOnABuffalo
tdhanses

tdhanses

Lifetime Member
Nov 17, 2020
Kansas
Ownership

1. 1000-5
No offense but I would like to here from some one who actually has installed the DEI heat shield.
tdhanses you stated in one the early posts that you have it but it is not installed. is that correct?
I get that, plenty of info on people using them or even home made if you search, reason I’m not afraid to install it. I won’t install it till it warms up as the extra little heat is nice this time of year.

Reactions: Raynman and TripleB
PJon

PJon

Lifetime Member
Dec 9, 2020
Arizona
Ownership

1. 1000-5
So will I be fine running the DEI heat shield with out the fan all summer long?
That was really my original question??
Save some money and go to Home Depot a buy a roll of aluminized radiant heat barrier. You have to cut it out yourself but it’s a lot cheaper and if you need to replace it a few years you’ll still have a lot of the roll left over. I installed mine over a year ago and it’s still going strong. We do a lot of desert riding here in Az and the heat problem with the passenger seat is gone even with 100 degree temps.

Reactions: Lady01 and Raynman
Lady01

Lady01

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Jul 22, 2019
Midland Michigan
Ownership

1. 1000-3
Unfortunately the way the cab is designed yes.

Lady01

Lady01

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Jul 22, 2019
Midland Michigan
Ownership

1. 1000-3
I have a 1k-3 for over a year with the DEI heat sheild. It is good but not the answer to everything. I took an additional step to apply some self adhesive duct insultation called Frost King (home Depot) and applied to the plastic panel between the upper and lower seats. while I was there I added some to the kick panel under the seat and to the engine covers (engine side) under the bed. Use a high temp rated adehsive. It really helped with the heat and engine noise.

Reactions: TripleB
C

CaseysDaddy

Jul 6, 2018
minnesota
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I have a 1k-3 for over a year with the DEI heat sheild. It is good but not the answer to everything. I took an additional step to apply some self adhesive duct insultation called Frost King (home Depot) and applied to the plastic panel between the upper and lower seats. while I was there I added some to the kick panel under the seat and to the engine covers (engine side) under the bed. Use a high temp rated adehsive. It really helped with the heat and engine noise.
Lady01,
Thanks for the information. I have just a few follow up questions. Did you install any kind of fan under the seat to expel any of the heat? Also how do you use your pioneer mostly?
Trail riding, towing, working?

C

CaseysDaddy

Jul 6, 2018
minnesota
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Save some money and go to Home Depot a buy a roll of aluminized radiant heat barrier. You have to cut it out yourself but it’s a lot cheaper and if you need to replace it a few years you’ll still have a lot of the roll left over. I installed mine over a year ago and it’s still going strong. We do a lot of desert riding here in Az and the heat problem with the passenger seat is gone even with 100 degree temps.
Thanks for the information..
If it doesn’t cause any issues in the AZ heat it should be good in the MN summers..

Reactions: Lady01
Lady01

Lady01

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Jul 22, 2019
Midland Michigan
Ownership

1. 1000-3
Lady01,
Thanks for the information. I have just a few follow up questions. Did you install any kind of fan under the seat to expel any of the heat? Also how do you use your pioneer mostly?
Trail riding, towing, working?

Hey CaseysDaddy,

thats an important question, a mix really, I keep our Pk1-3 in northern Michigan: Winter mostly snow plowing, some fun snow driving. Other three seasons wood hauling, some trail riding some dune riding, mostly yard work and rides to Lake Huron (approx 1 mile each way) I use it hard and fast as I can... I really enjoy my machine... also one other thing I have done is to put some tractor interior foam as a headliner... really helps with teh sun baking the hard roof radiating down and helps keep the sound from echoing and the heat in during the cold season ( we have a heater installed). Tractor Interior Upholstery LLC | Cab Kits | Tractor Headliners | Post Covers | Acoustical Foam

PJon

PJon

Lifetime Member
Dec 9, 2020
Arizona
Ownership

1. 1000-5
So will I be fine running the DEI heat shield with out the fan all summer long?
That was really my original question??
I put a similar radiant heat barrier under my comfort package because passengers said their backsides were burning. I then installed a 4” bilge fan which sucks heat from the engine exhaust area (like the DEI fan kit) and duct it out the bottom of the skid plate. The fan died after about 6 months and I haven’t replaced it. No more complaints from passengers. When I finally get around to ordering and installing a full coverage 1/2” UHMW skid plate I’ll remove the dead bilge fan setup and install a 7” or 8” fan low enough in the under seat area to pull air from the front driveshaft tunnel and blow it back past the exhaust and out the back.

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!