P1000 Delivery time question

bumperm

bumperm

May 7, 2021
Gardnerville, NV
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Congrats after a loooong wait! What model -5 is it? Seems the pricier versions, like the LE and SE, have been trickling in quicker*. I lucked out and got my SE after 5 or 6 week a few months ago.

*Perhaps because they make more money on them, so they are putting the limited "short supply" parts on them to get them out the door quicker?

Reactions: Lady01
H

HondaTech

Congrats after a loooong wait! What model -5 is it? Seems the pricier versions, like the LE and SE, have been trickling in quicker*. I lucked out and got my SE after 5 or 6 week a few months ago.

*Perhaps because they make more money on them, so they are putting the limited "short supply" parts on them to get them out the door quicker?

The SE was scheduled to be released before Covid, but they held it back. The SE models have been sitting either built or mostly built, thats why they seem to show up more often. Thats also the reason the Pioneer SE has BigHorns and the others have been coming with the Armstrong tires.

sheamus

sheamus

Supporting Member
Oct 8, 2021
Bridgewater, NS
Ownership

1. Looking to buy

2. 1000-5
I was extremely lucky today. A 2022 limited edition was off loaded at the dealership while I was there. Now it’s in my garage. They only received two. Other one was base. So they are coming but way slow. I’m in central Florida.
What the differences from the 2021? Did dealer give you a rundown of what's new?

sheamus

sheamus

Supporting Member
Oct 8, 2021
Bridgewater, NS
Ownership

1. Looking to buy

2. 1000-5
Seems the pricier versions, like the LE and SE, have been trickling in quicker*. I lucked out and got my SE after 5 or 6 week a few months ago.
If they only have the ability to make so many due to supply chain constraints, it makes sense they would focus on the models with a higher margin.

Remington

Remington

Deputy Fife POIDH Enforcement Officer
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Jul 24, 2016
Michigan
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon X
What the differences from the 2021? Did dealer give you a rundown of what's new?
Well he said he got a 22’ and was asked for pics & verification that it really was and so far hasn't provided that info.
Were patiently waiting to hear…..

Scoop

Scoop

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Sep 7, 2021
Michigan
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5

3. Talon R LV
How could a 2022 show up when dealers don't even have ordering info for them yet?

R

Red21

Aug 9, 2021
sioux falls, sd
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I called my dealer today, and delivery is now pushed back to Nov 29. (Surprise, Surprise). He did confirm that 2021 production has ceased, and that mine is surely built, just waiting on parts to complete it. I then called another dealer on the chance that they might have one. He said no, and then he called me back 10 minutes later. He went on his Honda program to try to see if he could located one. He said that he could not find one like I wanted anywhere in the USA that was unsold. The one I have a down payment on is a 1000-5 DLX.
I also asked him if mine has been assigned a VIN. He said he wouldn't know the VIN until it is delivered. This different than the auto industry. Once a vehicle is built, it has a VIN. Oh, and the other dealer I called said that Honda will be releasing 2022 pricing in about 2 weeks.

Scoop

Scoop

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Sep 7, 2021
Michigan
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5

3. Talon R LV
He said that he could not find one like I wanted anywhere in the USA that was unsold.
I've talked to 50 or more dealerships over the past month. The consensus from most of them is: They don't "order" a SxS the same way we order a car or truck. In fact, their "orders" are little more than allocations that they are given at the beginning of the year, they just tell Honda which ones they want and when Honda ships them, they ship them. Whether or not they are "sold" to a customer is a matter only known to the individual dealership.

If he means "none are unsold" meaning there are no more units allocated that the dealerships have not yet agreed to take, I believe that in a heartbeat.

When I found my P1K5 Camo Deluxe last week by sheer luck, I called the other dealer that I have had a deposit on a Vapor White Deluxe at and cancelled it. I asked if I could give him a name and contact info for a buddy who could "take over" my deposit (as in, keep my deposit money but let him come buy it when it shows up), but they said no -- they had a long list of people waiting for them and the "next on their list" gets it offered to them.

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!