Village Idiot
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Sep 21, 2016
Cullman, AL
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Other Brand
This was NOT an easy pic to take lol. I've made jigs to cover every variable. New mount is exactly positioned where passenger side is. Just gotta prep the metal and remove some of the bent original mount. I'm taking my time and trying to leave nothing to chance.
View attachment 43942
If you tack it, be sure you do it where you can cut it off. If your going to do any bracing, tack that on before welding. Should be able to get some measurements from the other side to double check with. Not extremely critical it is perfect. Sometimes I'll tack something and let it sit for a day to think about it.

Delton

Delton

Honda Fanboy
Vendor
Lifetime Member
Club Contributor
Jan 6, 2016
Middle TN
Ownership

1. 1000-5
If you tack it, be sure you do it where you can cut it off. If your going to do any bracing, tack that on before welding. Should be able to get some measurements from the other side to double check with. Not extremely critical it is perfect. Sometimes I'll tack something and let it sit for a day to think about it.
Man I learned that lesson the hard way. Made a piece all nice and pretty, tacked it, cut out some bracing and matched it up to the mount, then like an idiot I welded the mount all nice and sturdy. Went to install my brace and it didn't fit with all the weld on it lol. I took a break from the mount to play with ball joints. Little sanding, little grease, and some very frozen ball joints later.....Tada! Went in nice and smooth. No trouble at all.
IMG 20170518 143232098 1336x752

E

elkguide

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Mar 14, 2017
Vermont
Ownership

1. 1000-3
Man I learned that lesson the hard way. Made a piece all nice and pretty, tacked it, cut out some bracing and matched it up to the mount, then like an idiot I welded the mount all nice and sturdy. Went to install my brace and it didn't fit with all the weld on it lol. I took a break from the mount to play with ball joints. Little sanding, little grease, and some very frozen ball joints later.....Tada! Went in nice and smooth. No trouble at all.
View attachment 43957

Your sweet welding sure does show through!

E

elkguide

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Mar 14, 2017
Vermont
Ownership

1. 1000-3
It'd help alot if I wasn't distracted by the wild bunch of kids we have now. I have never met kids more unruly and wild in my life. We got a long ways to go with these lol.

If anyone can help them out......... I'm betting on you and the boss lady!

Reactions: CumminsPusher
Delton

Delton

Honda Fanboy
Vendor
Lifetime Member
Club Contributor
Jan 6, 2016
Middle TN
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Well my work week starts tomorrow. Didn't get as far along as I wanted but I'm used to that. Got all 4 ball joints installed, new mount shaped and the location figured out. Gonna call it a night and start back on Monday (if I'm not scheduled to work). Thanks for y'all listening to me ramble and b*tch.

E

elkguide

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Mar 14, 2017
Vermont
Ownership

1. 1000-3
Well my work week starts tomorrow. Didn't get as far along as I wanted but I'm used to that. Got all 4 ball joints installed, new mount shaped and the location figured out. Gonna call it a night and start back on Monday (if I'm not scheduled to work). Thanks for y'all listening to me ramble and b*tch.

You keep on ramblin' and we all keep on learning!

Reactions: drfubar and sharp
Delton

Delton

Honda Fanboy
Vendor
Lifetime Member
Club Contributor
Jan 6, 2016
Middle TN
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I'm betting that those kids that you and Mrs. D are helping out, would disagree.
Maybe lol. What I should've said is I didn't get much done to the pioneer. Seems everything piles up when I want to do something. 4wheeler needed valve adjustment, street bike needed oil change, yard work, etc. Hard to squeeze all that into 3 days.

E

elkguide

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Mar 14, 2017
Vermont
Ownership

1. 1000-3
Maybe lol. What I should've said is I didn't get much done to the pioneer. Seems everything piles up when I want to do something. 4wheeler needed valve adjustment, street bike needed oil change, yard work, etc. Hard to squeeze all that into 3 days.

When did we go from the old 24 hour day to the 20 hour one that we have now?

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!