Honda Fanboy
Vendor
Lifetime Member
Club Contributor
Jan 6, 2016
Middle TN
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Well I guess now's as good a time as any to do this. Finally got my first add-on in. Somebody at amazon is sadistic cause they sent winch a day early. So I'm sitting here dying to install it but no mount lol. Mount will be here tomorrow. This will be a boring build with the usual suspects except for a couple custom pieces. I like to work with metal and fancy myself a fairly talented fabricator. I want to make my own front and rear bumpers. Front will mimic a strong made but won't just bolt to the stock unit. That just don't sound right to me. Mine will be an integral part of the stocker so stay tuned.
IMG 20160201 100044066

Delton

Delton

Honda Fanboy
Vendor
Lifetime Member
Club Contributor
Jan 6, 2016
Middle TN
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Pic of my windshield and hard top. Well it will be lol. One of my hobbies is Dodge Neons. Every once in a while I'll pick up a broke one and flip it. This one had a broke timing belt so I got it cheap. A used head, timing belt n water pump, couple gaskets and it'll be ready to sell. Im getting severance pay from where my last job closed its doors so I was gonna use that to get them, but getting them by working on cars is more fun lol.
IMG 20160201 115210394

Reactions: Davenbomb
PioneerPete

PioneerPete

Lifetime Member
Jan 3, 2016
Chattanooga, TN
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Do you still want my old stock front bumper? It's laying in my carport waiting to become something new!

Delton

Delton

Honda Fanboy
Vendor
Lifetime Member
Club Contributor
Jan 6, 2016
Middle TN
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Do you still want my old stock front bumper? It's laying in my carport waiting to become something new!
You must be a mind reader cause I was just thinking I'd wished I'd gotten that from you. Id feel alot better if I had a spare lol. The job would be super easy if not for the upswept bars on each side. What days/hours are you available this week? I'm off tomorrow but work Wed. days, Thurs night, and my usual Fri Sat & sun night shift. Guess that don't leave much to choose from

PioneerPete

PioneerPete

Lifetime Member
Jan 3, 2016
Chattanooga, TN
Ownership

1. 1000-5
You must be a mind reader cause I was just thinking I'd wished I'd gotten that from you. Id feel alot better if I had a spare lol. The job would be super easy if not for the upswept bars on each side. What days/hours are you available this week? I'm off tomorrow but work Wed. days, Thurs night, and my usual Fri Sat & sun night shift. Guess that don't leave much to choose from
Just about any day of the week after 5pm eastern should be good.

Delton

Delton

Honda Fanboy
Vendor
Lifetime Member
Club Contributor
Jan 6, 2016
Middle TN
Ownership

1. 1000-5
works for me. I'll be around. I think I already messaged you my address.
Yes sir I have it. You're an hour even from my house. My daughter and I will leave soon as she gets out of school. You gotta give me a price for it. I'm not asking for something for free. I'd feel alot better if it was paid for. Just tell me whatever you think is fair.

PioneerPete

PioneerPete

Lifetime Member
Jan 3, 2016
Chattanooga, TN
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Yes sir I have it. You're an hour even from my house. My daughter and I will leave soon as she gets out of school. You gotta give me a price for it. I'm not asking for something for free. I'd feel alot better if it was paid for. Just tell me whatever you think is fair.
I'd be glad to get it out of my carport and know someone has it that might use it.

Delton

Delton

Honda Fanboy
Vendor
Lifetime Member
Club Contributor
Jan 6, 2016
Middle TN
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I'd be glad to get it out of my carport and know someone has it that might use it.
Well can't say I didn't offer lol. I'll return the favor somehow. I'll text you when we head out.

Reactions: PioneerPete
Delton

Delton

Honda Fanboy
Vendor
Lifetime Member
Club Contributor
Jan 6, 2016
Middle TN
Ownership

1. 1000-5
IMG 20160202 210833064
Got the winch installed last night. I'm happy with it except for wanting to reroute a couple of wires under the hood. I told the wife I now have a license to get stupid with it lol. Also installed the remote I got from amazon. So far I love it. Very smooth action. I didn't even install the rocker or corded remote that came with the winch lol. Haven't decided if I will or not but probably will just as a backup.

Reactions: pct and joeymt33
joeymt33

joeymt33

i4WD=imitated 4WD
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Mar 17, 2015
Guntersville, AL
Ownership

1. 1000-3

2. 1000-5
I like the remote as well but chose to install the rockers as a back up. I think you're on the right track.

Delton

Delton

Honda Fanboy
Vendor
Lifetime Member
Club Contributor
Jan 6, 2016
Middle TN
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I like the remote as well but chose to install the rockers as a back up. I think you're on the right track.
Yeah I'm a fan of backups as well. Overkill is a good thing when it comes to off roading lol

Reactions: Isaiah and Tflynn
Delton

Delton

Honda Fanboy
Vendor
Lifetime Member
Club Contributor
Jan 6, 2016
Middle TN
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Now let's see some "getting stupid pics"! You got the license.
I'll post some as soon as work schedule and weather permit lol. First off heading to a mudhole that had me doing a U turn few weeks ago. I drove off into it and front wheels literally disappeared lol. Plenty of trees around to winch off of too.

Reactions: joeymt33
PioneerPete

PioneerPete

Lifetime Member
Jan 3, 2016
Chattanooga, TN
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Yeah I'm a fan of backups as well. Overkill is a good thing when it comes to off roading lol
Can you post a link or share the details of the remote that you used? I have the corded controller, but would rather use cordless if possible.

Delton

Delton

Honda Fanboy
Vendor
Lifetime Member
Club Contributor
Jan 6, 2016
Middle TN
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Can you post a link or share the details of the remote that you used? I have the corded controller, but would rather use cordless if possible.
Pm me your email address and I'll forward you my confirmation email. No idea how to copy past with my phone. I'm technologically stupid lol

Delton

Delton

Honda Fanboy
Vendor
Lifetime Member
Club Contributor
Jan 6, 2016
Middle TN
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Went yesterday and bought flip up windshield and hard top. Got windshield installed last night. Instructions didn't tell me i needed a 3mm Allen to screw in stud so I gotta grab one from town. Mine seems to have vanished lol. Will upload pics soon. Doing man lift training at work and only have 3g service. Not good upload conditions lol

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!