S

steve_whiteside

Mar 31, 2019
San Diego
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Other Brand
Gents,
Im looking to get a 1000-5. My friend tells me that his deluxe has a soft suspension for the bumps but driven at high speed on roads it has a good amount of wallow in the turns. Would this be solved with the SE suspension? I drive high speed dirts roads in Baja a good amount.

Thanks, steve

Q

qualt

Jan 26, 2014
Southern California
I can't answer your question directly but I bought a 700-4 when they first came out and it was the worst riding and handling off road desert vehicle I ever owned. The problem was eventually cured by installing better tires and a set of Walker Evans shocks; it made a night and day difference! No it still wouldn't keep up with my RZR but then again the RZR was built to be a performance vehicle and the Pioneer wasn't. The Pioneer now has about 2500 miles on it and the shocks are still working just as good as they did when they were new. I know that is a pricy fix for a problem that Honda should addressed but it did work.

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!