P1000 Did I make the right choice?

cruddy0815

cruddy0815

Lifetime Member
Mar 14, 2016
Northern Michigan
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Hats off to Honda too. Just got off the phone with Jim, who is the territory account manager for Honda in our region. He called me to ensure I was happy with this decision, to apologize for the issue in the 1st place, as well as the time it took before anyone decided to "break protocol", and instead of repairing the unit, put the customer 1st. He also requested I update him after a weekend of riding to see how the machine is, and offered assistance in making sure the 1st service is "free of issues" as well. They want to keep a close eye on this machine if I allow them to do so, and I am more than happy to be a test guide. It's the least I can do. Stock in Honda is soaring for me, but I can not lie, the past 5 nights and 6 days have been painful. But in my honest opinion and experience, I highly doubt any other manufacturer would have stepped up in this fashion. My dealer led the way, and Honda backed his play. Special thanks to all of you in this forum who helped me stay positive, and didn't allow for me to bash or loose my head (not too bad anyways). And if anyone is up north riding the trails near Gaylord, stop on in and see Adam (my salesman), Russ (owner), and Doug (service). Tell them Dave sent you, I know they know who I am now, lol. But yeah, great feeling all the way around. You were all right when you said Honda won't disappoint me. Thanks again to all, I look forward to updating on how things go in the other forums in order to share experiences, provide help, etc. This is a great networking tool we have, and I don't use Facebook so I was leary about signing up. Best decision I've made. Safe riding to all, Happy St. Patrick's Day, I'm gonna go drink some green beer and celebrate! Link for Extreme is found below.

www.extremepower-sports.com

Last edited:
T

TheSnakeJake

Feb 15, 2016
Cincinnati
this is great news. props to your dealer for stepping up and making it right.

PioneerPete

PioneerPete

Lifetime Member
Jan 3, 2016
Chattanooga, TN
Ownership

1. 1000-5
this put a smile on my face. very good to hear that big H and the dealer have come through for you on this issue.

cruddy0815

cruddy0815

Lifetime Member
Mar 14, 2016
Northern Michigan
Ownership

1. 1000-5
20160317 163536
Adam from Extreme Power Sports Gaylord, MI delivering the replacement. Brand new with 1 mile on odometer. Best of all....NO LEAKS!!

cruddy0815

cruddy0815

Lifetime Member
Mar 14, 2016
Northern Michigan
Ownership

1. 1000-5
No sooner did the dealer leave, I received a call from Chad (American Honda Case Manager) just following up with me and make sure I was satisfied. When you guys are right...man, you are right! Honda made it right, and is following up with me just like you all said they would. :D I guess patience is the key word here. Something I was growing thin on, but in the end, Honda was the way to go.

cruddy0815

cruddy0815

Lifetime Member
Mar 14, 2016
Northern Michigan
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I shot them a great email thanking them for being a great dealer that supports there customers etc!!!!
Thanks for doing that Dale. I literally just got another call from the Dealer owner Russ, thanking me for sticking with them through this. Totally empathetic to my situation, and basically, won a customer for life! Hope everyone has dealers that look out for the customer the way Extreme Power Sports did for me.

Reactions: CashMoney and scott
Stauvo

Stauvo

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Sep 25, 2015
Minnesota
Ownership

1. 1000-5
let me know Ill order one also
I combing their website but cannot find anything with their name on it or Honda either. Think I will buy a Yamaha shirt Lol !

I know.....I'm a little crazy....my wife agrees.:);)

Buckrocker

Buckrocker

Jan 5, 2016
Rock, WV
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Great news! That is what builds brand loyalty.

C

Cook

Feb 12, 2016
Colorado
I sent the dealer an email as well.

I wonder what will become of the old vehicle. Maybe Honda will tell the dealer to keep it for parts. Or send it back for a factory rebuild.

Maybe in a little while Cruddy, say after the first scheduled service, you can answer your own question: did you make the right choice?

Reactions: cruddy0815
Plumber32

Plumber32

Go ride!
Lifetime Member
Club Contributor
Jun 15, 2014
Wisconsin
Ownership

1. 1000-5

I wonder what will become of the old vehicle. Maybe Honda will tell the dealer to keep it for parts. Or send it back for a factory rebuild.

Maybe in a little while Cruddy, say after the first scheduled service, you can answer your own question: did you make the right choice?
probably rebuild it and sell it as a demo or special services unit. Cat did this in the beginning of the Thundercats and wildcats that blew right away

sharp

sharp

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Jan 27, 2016
Tennessee
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I'll try to call them tomorrow and tell them what I heard they did for you on the forum and thank them also! That's honda quality. I like when people try hard.....I wonder what they will think when I thank them from tennessee

Springer

Springer

Apr 2, 2014
Update Major Change:
The dealer came through!!! NOT HONDA. (Update edit to this comment also, found on page 4. Honda did in fact step up, just not at the time of this original post). Honda is still trying to figure out how to fix this thing. Sent an email last night as I stated above. Owner of dealership came in 1st thing this morning & after reading email immediately called around the state and found an identical machine. It's being delivered within 1/2 hour to my dealer so he can swap my winch over, and will have it delivered to my house no later than tomorrow morning. Let's hope this one is issue free (fingers crossed). But hats off to Extreme Power Sports in Gaylord, Michigan for doing the right thing and taking care of the customer. Maybe Honda should take some tips from them. Dealership owner stated he wasn't sure how Honda was gonna handle the broken machine, but told me to tell Honda Case Manager when he called, the the dealership took care of me, which I will do.
From the Gaylord area? I will be riding the 1000 at Big Bear ORV route on Saturday, then taking my 400 ex to the Frederic trails. Maybe I'll see you there sometime.

Last edited:
dale5740

dale5740

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Feb 4, 2016
mt airy md

bet they fix it and use it as a demo for people to ride or something like that

Stauvo

Stauvo

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Sep 25, 2015
Minnesota
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I just got off the phone with Extreme Power Sports in Gaylord Michigan. They currently do not have any T-shirts available so I just expressed my sincere gratitude to them for helping my fellow HondasxsClub member resolve his machine issues and getting him back up running.

And that I would check back later for shirt availability.:D

Late Edit- I also let them know I was calling from northern Minnesota.

Reactions: cruddy0815
cruddy0815

cruddy0815

Lifetime Member
Mar 14, 2016
Northern Michigan
Ownership

1. 1000-5
40 degrees, but plenty of sunshine. Finally got the 1st ride in. (Close friend lost his father this week so I spent all my time lending a hand so today was the first chance I got to ride). Short ride, alost 4 hours. Definitely need a windshield, lol. Got pretty cold in the low shady areas but Wow! What a ride. Had 6...yes 6 Bald Eagles circling us and I didn't have my phone for a pic...but I take that as a Great Omen. They were magnificent!! Machine drove and road superbly! Shifted smoother than original machine, hardly no rattles, and got several looks and a couple guys pulled over in there truck and asked if they could take a closer look. Was happy to spend some time talking up the 1000-5, and I just walked them through the options, my reasoning for choosing over Polaris, and gave them Adam's name at Extreme so they could buy one. Pretty sure we converted another Polaris owner. Both guys were super impressed with this Pioneer, and I am as well:D. Looking forward to giving her a good going over later tonight, making sure everything is where it is suppose to be. Took it nice and easy on the 1st ride, (mainly because anything over 25 mph was freaking COLD!!! ). But a great 1st ride nonetheless.

advertisement

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!