Did some riding in TN last week

jtsticks3

jtsticks3

Jul 1, 2020
Cincinnati, Ohio
Ownership

1. Talon X4
Spent the week in TN last week riding through Sundquist and Royal Blue (and doing some time on Lake Norris). Beautiful fun area to ride. And no my buddy did not get out of that, had to pull him out!!

Photo 2020 09 17 18 40 30
Photo 2020 09 18 19 41 45
Photo 2020 09 15 12 06 03
Photo 2020 09 15 13 25 29
Photo 2020 09 16 22 50 08
Photo 2020 09 17 21 35 49
Photo 2020 09 17 18 58 33

Montecresto

Montecresto

Montecresto el segundo
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Jan 17, 2016
Eastern oklahoma
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 500

3. 1000-3

4. 1000-5

5. Talon X4
Beautiful, eternal flame?

What’s that in the building.

Disappointing that he couldn’t get out of that. i4wd limitations???

Btw, you posted elsewhere that you’re running 32’s. What did you have to do to the SXS to not have them rub anywhere.

Did you have to do anything to the transmission, any tuning?

jtsticks3

jtsticks3

Jul 1, 2020
Cincinnati, Ohio
Ownership

1. Talon X4
Yes eternal flame

Cable reels for moving coal cars during the first have of the 1900s

Just too deep, sitting on its belly and could not get any traction on the right side

Yes Mongral 32s on STI A1, put the SuperATV high clearance arms. I thought I felt some rubbing when wheels were completely turned, but there are no marks. Also put 1.5" spacers on the rear from RB3

Reactions: Montecresto
Montecresto

Montecresto

Montecresto el segundo
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Jan 17, 2016
Eastern oklahoma
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 500

3. 1000-3

4. 1000-5

5. Talon X4
Yes eternal flame

Cable reels for moving coal cars during the first have of the 1900s

Just too deep, sitting on its belly and could not get any traction on the right side

Yes Mongral 32s on STI A1, put the SuperATV high clearance arms. I thought I felt some rubbing when wheels were completely turned, but there are no marks. Also put 1.5" spacers on the rear from RB3
Why spacers only on the rear?

Super ATV arms front only?

Thanks....👍

jtsticks3

jtsticks3

Jul 1, 2020
Cincinnati, Ohio
Ownership

1. Talon X4
Wheels are all 5+2, so they were too close in on the rear. Also, to bring the track closer to even.

Yes, only high clearance arms in the front, to stop any rubbing when turning. Might not have been needed, but everyone said you did, so I put them on. Never looked with the wheels all the way turned, cant believe I did not think to do that, lol. The feel a lot beefier than the stock too, I should of put them on when I bent a stock a-arm in July, would have cost about the same to do the upgrade [of 4] as it was to have the dealer replace 1 lower arm.

Montecresto

Montecresto

Montecresto el segundo
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Jan 17, 2016
Eastern oklahoma
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 500

3. 1000-3

4. 1000-5

5. Talon X4
Wheels are all 5+2, so they were too close in on the rear. Also, to bring the track closer to even.

Yes, only high clearance arms in the front, to stop any rubbing when turning. Might not have been needed, but everyone said you did, so I put them on. Never looked with the wheels all the way turned, cant believe I did not think to do that, lol. The feel a lot beefier than the stock too, I should of put them on when I bent a stock a-arm in July, would have cost about the same to do the upgrade [of 4] as it was to have the dealer replace 1 lower arm.
Any problems in low range climbing very steep stairs step rocks going to 32’s?

jtsticks3

jtsticks3

Jul 1, 2020
Cincinnati, Ohio
Ownership

1. Talon X4
Did not really have anything to climb like that. The only time I had a power issue was driver error, I kind of rolled up the first part of the hill and it never really got going, made it up the hill [about 150' 60°] just did it slow. I did a lot of gunning it on the way up to the flame when it was gravel and was spinning them there, so not sure I really saw any power loss.

Reactions: Blownzuki
Montecresto

Montecresto

Montecresto el segundo
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Jan 17, 2016
Eastern oklahoma
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 500

3. 1000-3

4. 1000-5

5. Talon X4
Did not really have anything to climb like that. The only time I had a power issue was driver error, I kind of rolled up the first part of the hill and it never really got going, made it up the hill [about 150' 60°] just did it slow. I did a lot of gunning it on the way up to the flame when it was gravel and was spinning them there, so not sure I really saw any power loss.
Think I’m going with 31’s, no mods needed for suspension, and hoping I won’t loose too much power at 8-10 thousand feet climbing the stair step steepes in the southern Rockies. Thanks for your time...😊

PhilCod

PhilCod

Dec 10, 2019
Indiana
Ownership

1. Talon X
Good photos. I've been to Brimstone a bunch. Last year we rode the Sunquist unit and I was on my ATV and wrecked. Since then I sold it, and my RZR 900S and bought the Talon. I have a year round pass to the TRW trails, but with Covid this year we didn't get down there. Not ruling out a trip yet this year. I live 70 miles West of Cincinnati. I also live in Milford for 13 years. Let me know if you head down there again. With that Comfort Inn right on the trail it's a easy short notice trip.

NTCPrezJB

NTCPrezJB

President of #NTC
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Jan 30, 2018
Canton, OH
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Good photos. I've been to Brimstone a bunch. Last year we rode the Sunquist unit and I was on my ATV and wrecked. Since then I sold it, and my RZR 900S and bought the Talon. I have a year round pass to the TRW trails, but with Covid this year we didn't get down there. Not ruling out a trip yet this year. I live 70 miles West of Cincinnati. I also live in Milford for 13 years. Let me know if you head down there again. With that Comfort Inn right on the trail it's a easy short notice trip.
There's a forum group riding there this weekend.

jtsticks3

jtsticks3

Jul 1, 2020
Cincinnati, Ohio
Ownership

1. Talon X4
Will do, headed to Hatfield McCoy's for 2 days late next week and weekend. Should be fun.

NTCPrezJB

NTCPrezJB

President of #NTC
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Jan 30, 2018
Canton, OH
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Yah I saw that, wish I could make it, be fun to ride with others.

Maybe we can start a main discussion for where people are riding to invite others along!!!
I'm confused, but I think I'm legitimately misunderstanding what your saying.
That thread was an open invite for anyone to join the ride. Are you saying you didn't feel invited or are you saying you just didn't see the ride thread and would like to see a main Ride Threads section to make them easier to find?

jtsticks3

jtsticks3

Jul 1, 2020
Cincinnati, Ohio
Ownership

1. Talon X4
I'm confused, but I think I'm legitimately misunderstanding what your saying.
That thread was an open invite for anyone to join the ride. Are you saying you didn't feel invited or are you saying you just didn't see the ride thread and would like to see a main Ride Threads section to make them easier to find?
The latter!!!

It would be nice to see a separate Group Discussions to post rides. (Maybe there is and I am missing it, thought maybe the ROTM was, but that is an after the fact)

I had missed the thread for the ride this weekend, i did feel invite, no worries there, just missed it. Even cool they did an RSVP thing to get an idea of who was going.

NTCPrezJB

NTCPrezJB

President of #NTC
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Jan 30, 2018
Canton, OH
Ownership

1. 1000-5
The latter!!!

It would be nice to see a separate Group Discussions to post rides. (Maybe there is and I am missing it, thought maybe the ROTM was, but that is an after the fact)

I had missed the thread for the ride this weekend, i did feel invite, no worries there, just missed it. Even cool they did an RSVP thing to get an idea of who was going.
Gotcha! Generally the ride threads are posted in their respective region threads if I'm not mistaken. I could see the advantage of having one "upcoming rides" thread section though.

ROTM - those are contests for posting the best picture (often theme based) of your Honda SxS. I can understand where the title can be initially misleading though.

Honestly, most of us tend to use the "What's New" section (if on mobile it is the lightning bolt) to keep up with posts. It essentially lists all the recent activity on the site newest to oldest based on last reply.

If you want a constant flurry of activity join "the pub" (that is where the real site starts...lol) and seek out the "Not The Contest" thread. Or as we often shorthand it...#NTC.

Hopefully this was helpful and not useless mansplaning. ;)

Last edited:
jtsticks3

jtsticks3

Jul 1, 2020
Cincinnati, Ohio
Ownership

1. Talon X4
Thanks, I generally use the What's New all the time, but sometimes so far behind skip most of it. Just found the regional threads, will have to check on them more (and use the Latest Activity instead of the Talon 1000 part of the What's New, lol). I will check out the other threads.

PhilCod

PhilCod

Dec 10, 2019
Indiana
Ownership

1. Talon X
How were the trails on the Sunquist unit? It always seems to be a mixed bag of really rutted trails, or clean and clear after a dozer goes through.

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!