BOX1

Did some riding in TN last week

jtsticks3

jtsticks3

Jul 1, 2020
Cincinnati, Ohio
Ownership

1. Talon x4
Was not too bad on the ruts and most if the places where there were bad ruts had other paths, so those were long term ruts. I never bottomed out because of ruts that weren't avoidable [but I run 32" tires]

lee

lee

Village Idiot
Lifetime Member
Club Contributor
Apr 4, 2013
Springfield Ohio
Ownership

1. 500
How were the trails on the Sunquist unit? It always seems to be a mixed bag of really rutted trails, or clean and clear after a dozer goes through.

For the most part the trails where great, with a few p500 eating mud holes thrown in. But we had some local knowledge with @JACKAL leading the pack. It seams the trick is having a map for the Sunniest unit.

PhilCod

PhilCod

Dec 10, 2019
Indiana
Ownership

1. Talon X
For the most part the trails where great, with a few p500 eating mud holes thrown in. But we had some local knowledge with @JACKAL leading the pack. It seams the trick is having a map for the Sunniest unit.
Thanks. I have the Lifetime Trail Maps GPS and it has the Sunquist unit on it and the others as well. I have ridden there once on a ATV, and caught a rut and got tossed. We have ridden a lot of the trials on the west side of 75 as well but only in SXS. I see you guys are from Springfield/Cincinnati. You probably ride Hatfield McCoy trails as well. I like those because you can fly on the smooth stuff and then take the tougher stuff as your group permits. At times I get a little bored with their trails. I just know those TRW trails are always a mixed bag. Did you guys ride the whole system? Any good places that are a must? Any trails to avoid? Thanks for the info, we plan on making a weekday trip down there soon.

lee

lee

Village Idiot
Lifetime Member
Club Contributor
Apr 4, 2013
Springfield Ohio
Ownership

1. 500
@PhilCod maybe you saw there was a whole thread on the ride we had at RRB.
Quick summery would be post #865:

Whole reason I went was for the trip to the train.
Well, maybe the no. 1 reason was to get out of the office, train was #2.

Train and prison are great destinations.
I would recommend avoiding the helicopter ride.

I have the Lifetime Trail maps too.
Still trying to figure it all out but I like there system so far.
One thing to watch out for is who's trails you are on.
It is not always clear when you transition from TWRA to Brimstone or Windrock - they all take different trail permits.

There is a thread on trails in the area started recently:
These open up in the older Orux maps version of Life Time Trail Maps, I don't know about the newer system.

I actually don't do the H/M trails.
They where not kid friendly when my kids where smaller and I have gotten used to riding other places now.
Maybe some day.

Reactions: TripleB
PhilCod

PhilCod

Dec 10, 2019
Indiana
Ownership

1. Talon X
@PhilCod maybe you saw there was a whole thread on the ride we had at RRB.
Quick summery would be post #865:

Whole reason I went was for the trip to the train.
Well, maybe the no. 1 reason was to get out of the office, train was #2.

Train and prison are great destinations.
I would recommend avoiding the helicopter ride.

I have the Lifetime Trail maps too.
Still trying to figure it all out but I like there system so far.
One thing to watch out for is who's trails you are on.
It is not always clear when you transition from TWRA to Brimstone or Windrock - they all take different trail permits.

There is a thread on trails in the area started recently:
These open up in the older Orux maps version of Life Time Trail Maps, I don't know about the newer system.

I actually don't do the H/M trails.
They where not kid friendly when my kids where smaller and I have gotten used to riding other places now.
Maybe some day.
Lee- Thanks! I hear you on the who is who's trails. Especially Brimstone and TWRA, heck they cross paths in the middle of the system! Sunquist is all TWRA, unless you slide into KY. Is the Train and the Prison on Sunquist and on the east side of 75?
The Lifetime trail maps GPS is great. I agree, hard to get familiar with it when you don't use it on a regular basis. We are going to try and get down there this Sunday for some riding and ride Monday too. His 15 year old son will be with us and on a ATV. So we are tying to to run into trails where we'll get into hairy stuff. I rolled my RZR over 1.5 times down past the windowmaker last year. So we won't go that way!

Reactions: lee and TripleB
Montecresto

Montecresto

Montecresto el segundo
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Jan 17, 2016
Eastern oklahoma
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 500

3. 1000-3

4. 1000-5

5. Talon x4
Spent the week in TN last week riding through Sundquist and Royal Blue (and doing some time on Lake Norris). Beautiful fun area to ride. And no my buddy did not get out of that, had to pull him out!!

View attachment 225689View attachment 225690View attachment 225691View attachment 225692View attachment 225693View attachment 225694View attachment 225695
Did some riding in Tennessee myself last week. Brimstone outside of Huntsville. Pretty nice trail system....

Had to give my winch quite the workout......

F037539E 4277 494A 967F 1EB9A559207F

BOX2
box3

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!