P700 Diff Fluid (Gear Oil) - SAE 80 vs. 75W-90 vs. 75W-140

B

Berob

Apr 2, 2019
NC
Ownership

1. 700-4
New 2014 P700 owner here with limited mechanical experience and knowledge. I'd like to do a front and rear diff change on my machine and was curious as to which diff fluid to use. The manual specs SAE 80, but I see others using 75W-140 and 75W-90 and really don't know the pros and cons of each and whether all of those are acceptable. I saw TFlynn's nice tutorial and believe he used 75W-140, so I'm sure that's fine but I'm just trying to learn more as I go. Thanks.

B

Baldeagle

Sep 16, 2017
AB
New 2014 P700 owner here with limited mechanical experience and knowledge. I'd like to do a front and rear diff change on my machine and was curious as to which diff fluid to use. The manual specs SAE 80, but I see others using 75W-140 and 75W-90 and really don't know the pros and cons of each and whether all of those are acceptable. I saw TFlynn's nice tutorial and believe he used 75W-140, so I'm sure that's fine but I'm just trying to learn more as I go. Thanks.

They are all good choices. I think the most important consideration is to use a hypoid oil regardless of the weight. Check you owners manual. I think it call for hypoid. I use it in my 700. Always in lots of water and even with vent lines raised I quite often get moisture. Change regularly.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!