P1000 Difference between standard and deluxe 1000-5

C

Catfishmk

Nov 23, 2020
Sioux Falls sd
Ownership

1. 1000-5
New to buying one of these and finalizing my decision. Dealers have the standard in stock but I’m drawn to the deluxe for the power steering and wheel size which I have to drive a ways to find one. Is it worth the extra $1000?

tjoreo

tjoreo

Lifetime Member
Feb 18, 2015
Southern Idaho
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Looking at the honda powersports website and comparing the 2 models, the only differences are Led headlights, extra colored side panels, and the 14in wheels. Both 1000-5 should come with powersteering. The basic 1000 3 seater is the only one without powersteering. As far as panels you can buy the panels pretty cheap and install them yourself if you wish. Alot of guys talked about saving the extra money and putting it toward wheels and tires of there choice when determining between the standard vs deluxe.

TumaloKeith

TumaloKeith

Jul 28, 2020
Powell Butte
Ownership

1. 1000-3
The Deluxe has upgraded wheels and tires. Also paddle-shifters on the steering wheel.
The LED lights are very nice, although I added a light bar.
Don't know if it's all worth $1000 extra, but some nice options. When it's the only one in stock, like when I got mine this summer, the choice was rather easy. :)

tdhanses

tdhanses

Lifetime Member
Nov 17, 2020
Kansas
Ownership

1. 1000-5
The Deluxe has upgraded wheels and tires. Also paddle-shifters on the steering wheel.
Don't know if it's all worth $1000 extra, but some nice options. When it's the only one in stock, like when I got mine this summer, the choice was rather easy. :)
Don’t forget the plastics.

TumaloKeith

TumaloKeith

Jul 28, 2020
Powell Butte
Ownership

1. 1000-3
Yes, the guy posting above covered the plastics. I think the plastics panels help it go faster, less wind resistance and weight than the stock cast iron doors.

tdhanses

tdhanses

Lifetime Member
Nov 17, 2020
Kansas
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Yes, the guy posting above covered the plastics. I think the plastics panels help it go faster, less wind resistance and weight than the stock cast iron doors.
Haha, just what I get for not reading all posts 🤦‍♂️

Reactions: JenElio
R

rickoshea

i wouldn't call the 4 ply bighorns an actual upgrade 😅 .the rims,maybe.

Reactions: JenElio
JenElio

JenElio

NTC's NoMo Chupacabra Caliente!!....
Lifetime Member
Oct 31, 2019
Loxahatchee, florida
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5
The Base also comes with paddle shifter. Like tjoreo said, headlights, panels, wheels and tires are the only difference.
New to buying one of these and finalizing my decision. Dealers have the standard in stock but I’m drawn to the deluxe for the power steering and wheel size which I have to drive a ways to find one. Is it worth the extra $1000?
Honestly if the price difference is only $1k I would go for the delux. Comes with l.e.d headlights already, although you might want some extra lighting. Wheels are nicer, tires seem to be junk though. And it will have the panels already, in red ofcourse, cause its the fastest!!! 😉

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!