NTC Master Fabricator
Lifetime Member
Sep 5, 2019
Black Hills, SD
www.facebook.com
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon X LV
Since I have acquired Ronda the Honda, I have been using a small portable Bluetooth speaker. It has worked well and has quality sound, but if you go faster than 25-30 mph it can be very hard to hear. The internet is full of sound bars that look amazing, but the prices are on the steep side and have mixed reviews. I also just like building things. I searched PVC speaker on the forum and saw a build by @mbjeepmxj and went that route. It took me all day cause I soldered every wire and connector in this and along with heat shrink on everything.

I found these on Amazon

IMG 0802

I painted the 6" PVC caps with self etching primer and then Rustolem hammered.

IMG 0800

IMG 0803

Got the amp up under the passenger dash and ran all the wires thru that corner and up the passenger ROPS

IMG 0804

I used zip ties and then adhered a piece of closed cell foam to the top of the glove box to act as a shock/vibration absorption.

IMG 0805

I mounted the first pod and marked the bolts for cutting. I cut all of them at the same time in the vise.

IMG 0807

I put heat shrink on the u-bolt where it will contact my ROPS

IMG 0818

I did the layout for the controller and auxiliary (optional) on my panel and cut them out.

IMG 0812

Everything mounted on the ROPS

IMG 0810

IMG 0813

IMG 0814

IMG 0809

I will post a sound video if anyone is interested. Thanks for stopping by.

-Bear

Last edited:
Choogsbro

Choogsbro

CEO of Monkey Business
Lifetime Member
Mar 20, 2018
Monticello, Ky
Ownership

1. Other Brand
Since I have acquired Ronda the Honda, I have been using a small portable Bluetooth speaker. It has worked well and has quality sound, but if you go faster than 25-30 mph it can be very hard to hear. The internet is full of sound bars that look amazing, but the prices are on the steep side and have mixed reviews. I also just like building things. I searched PVC speaker on the forum and saw a build by @mbjeepmxj and went that route. It took me all day cause I soldered every wire and connector in this and along with heat shrink on everything.

I found these on Amazon

View attachment 198060

View attachment 198062

View attachment 198063

Got the amp up under the passenger dash and ran all the wires thru that corner and up the passenger ROPS

View attachment 198064

I used zip ties and then adhered a piece of closed cell foam to the top of the glove box to act as a shock/vibration absorption.

View attachment 198065

I mounted the first pod and marked the bolts for cutting. I cut all of them at the same time in the vise.

View attachment 198066

View attachment 198073

I did the layout for the controller and auxiliary (optional) on my panel and cut them out.

View attachment 198070

View attachment 198069

View attachment 198071

View attachment 198072

View attachment 198067

-Bear
Looks great. Thanks for sharing.

L

Lorraine

Nov 24, 2019
Richton, MS
Ownership

1. 1000-3

I found these on Amazon

View attachment 198060

View attachment 198062

View attachment 198063

View attachment 198064

View attachment 198065

View attachment 198066

View attachment 198073

View attachment 198070

View attachment 198069

View attachment 198071

View attachment 198072

View attachment 198067

-Bear
How did you mount the amp under the dash? Can I get more info please?

Reactions: Lady01

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!